Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I think I really like the lore connection of crandor's deceased from Elvarg's attack. I still wish we could have a revamped Crandor to show the desolated husk of a flourishing port city. Until then it just kind of looks like an early rs3 environment devoid of any influential scenery.

That kinda wouldn't fit with the lore though since, if memory serves it was supposed to be a mainly wooden construct and therefore under Elvarg's attacks and choice to move in it didn't really have anything to survive that would appear as ruins.

Throw in a few hundred intervening years and any corpsey, artefacty left overs would be long since buried.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think I really like the lore connection of crandor's deceased from Elvarg's attack. I still wish we could have a revamped Crandor to show the desolated husk of a flourishing port city. Until then it just kind of looks like an early rs3 environment devoid of any influential scenery.

That kinda wouldn't fit with the lore though since, if memory serves it was supposed to be a mainly wooden construct and therefore under Elvarg's attacks and choice to move in it didn't really have anything to survive that would appear as ruins.

Throw in a few hundred intervening years and any corpsey, artefacty left overs would be long since buried.

I think crandors lore needs to be revisited. I dont remember them stating it was mostly wooden or the attack happening hundreds are years ago. Afterall melzar is the sole remaining citizen from crandor. I think lore stated him as a very young mage during the time. So i doubt the event happened sometime after 60-70 years from now.

We should consult a lorehound.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The Guildmaster said 30 years ago Crandor was thriving so seems more recent

"Thirty years ago, Crandor was a thriving community with a great tradition of mages and adventurers. Many Crandorians even earned the right to be part of the Champions' Guild! One of their adventurers went too far, however. He descended into the volcano in the centre of Crandor and woke the dragon Elvarg. He must have fought valiantly against the dragon because they say that, to this day, she has a scar down her side, but the dragon still won the fight. She emerged and laid waste to the whole of Crandor with her fire breath! Some refugees managed to escape in fishing boats. They landed on the coast, north of Rimmington, and set up camp but the dragon followed them and burned the camp to the ground. Out of all the people of Crandor there were only three survivors: a trio of wizards who used magic to escape. Their names were Thalzar, Lozar and Melzar."

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Crandor

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Seeing what one odd adventurer can achieve in one year, it's no wonder what could happen in 30 years to Crandor and its infrastructure. 

This is so true. Our adventurer really should be burnt-out after all this questing. We deserve a ten-year period of peaceful fishing for shrimps/those other very low level fishes in Taverly by now.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Seeing what one odd adventurer can achieve in one year, it's no wonder what could happen in 30 years to Crandor and its infrastructure. 

This is so true. Our adventurer really should be burnt-out after all this questing. We deserve a ten-year period of peaceful fishing for shrimps/those other very low level fishes in Taverly by now.

A decade of no quests?

OK

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

It's okay guys, we killed the giant evil laser whale! We get ten years to rest now before we do it all over again!

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Seems like my suggestion really caught on lol. But really, story-line wise, the adventurer should be burnt-out from all this stressing around the world, fighting and meeting gods etc. We could use a bit of a little timeskip where "Nothing happened".

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

That happens when we use two irrelevant items on each other, we take a nap in a pocket dimension, thus "nothing interesting happens". It's only by this force our adventurer doesn't break down because of physical and psychologial events through this year.

Another teaser from the ninja teaser hub:

Hx6KNE7.png

The tail needs to be lengthened a bit more. Or else i might be forced to name my dragon Stubby.

Also runescape will eventually see the release of boss pets. These are popular additions released in osrs:

Dev Blog: Boss Pets

Yep, you read it right, the next project we'll be working on is Boss pets! This long awaited update is on the horizon and we want you to work with us throughout the development process to bring this update to life.

This update focuses on turning that scary and dangerous boss into a much nicer and more friendly fiend that can accompany you on your adventures as a beloved pet.

We want to know what you think of this update and what you want from this update before we get stuck in on the content side of things. Mod AoB has already started scaling down those from the Godwars dungeon and Mod Stu O is in the process of reanimating them. There's still two big questions that need to be answered...

How should these pets be obtained?

- RNG based - 1/X chance of receiving the pet as a drop.

- Meta achievements - Unique challenges tailored to each boss (similar to Araxxi).

- A mixture of both - Possible to obtain it via either method

- Something entirely different...

What bosses should be included in this update?

I know the most common answer will be 'ALL OF THEM!', however there are reasons as to why not all bosses may be done. As an example, the Dagannoth kings are very graphically outdated which would mean that the pets would look outdated as well.

We've had a few laughs when it came to discussing how to make the Queen Black Dragon work as a pet but we'll let your imagination run wild with that one!

To get the hype going, here are some images from the editor!

Yj4oohU.png

s7UkXpf.png

Let us know how you think they should be obtained and if you have any other interesting ideas for the project then now is the time to speak up!

-

The information above is subject to change during development.

Mods Ana, Ryan, Hunter, Pi, Stu O and AoB

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I was hoping that some of the older bosses could just convert their severed heads into pets like the slayer pets

Right, walk around with their severed heads.  Perfect for Halloween :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What necklace is that?

It looks to be a fury if you look at the red top of the necklace.

Hard to ser on mobile but are those blue spikes protruding from the top of that fury?

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

What necklace is that?

It looks to be a fury if you look at the red top of the necklace.
Hard to ser on mobile but are those blue spikes protruding from the top of that fury?
im able to zoom in on mobile and it almost looks like a clipping issue.
  • Like 1

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

This update focuses on turning that scary and dangerous boss into a much nicer and more friendly fiend that can accompany you on your adventures as a beloved pet.

can they not
  • Like 3

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

can they not

Who's an adowable wittle cowpowal beastie?  You are, yes you are...

• Like 2

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

can they not

But pets...I want more pets! 

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So we're getting some Halloween stuff through Treasure Hunter/Skilling, and some of these seem like could potentially be overpowered:

It's the time of year when the ghosts come out to play… and here’s your chance to join them!

Open Treasure Hunter chests between 24th October 01:00 UK time to 3rd November 23:59 UK time* for your chance to get your hands on eerie ghostweave fabric.

Once you've collected enough, you can use ghostweave to create six brand new outfits:

Ghostly druid outfit
Ghostly farmer outfit
Ghostly fisher outfit
Ghostly Fremennik outfit
Ghostly guard outfit
Ghostly princess outfit
ghostly_druid_t.jpgghostly_farmer_t.jpgghostly_fisher_t.jpgghostly_fremennik_t.jpgghostly_guard_t.jpgghostly_princess_t.jpg

When wearing one of these outfits, you'll be able to trick or treat any NPC named 'man' or 'woman' you find around Gielinor. You'll find plenty in Lumbridge, Falador, Varrock, and other large towns.

Give them a fright in your ghostly getup and they'll give you a choice of seven types of chocolate. Each has a unique advantage when consumed:

Healer's chocolate: Regenerates your health for 2 minutes
Doctor's chocolate: Restores a set amount of your health instantly
Fighter's chocolate: Gives you an instant boost in all combat skills
Priest's chocolate: Instantly restores some of your prayer points
Berserker's chocolate: Enrages you, increasing your damage caused for a short period of time
Porter's chocolate: Allows you to instantly teleport any gathered items to your bank
Knight's chocolate: Blocks a portion of incoming damage for a short amount of time
You'll also be able to get your hands on ghostweave by doing your everyday skilling around Gielinor! Every XP gain will give you a chance of landing some of the material in your inventory.

Created all your outfits and have leftover ghostweave? Not to worry! There’s always someone interested in the chilling cloth:

Trade 100 ghostweave for a chocolate of your choice with either a man or a woman NPC.
Trade ghostweave with Iffie in Varrock for gold coins (1 ghostweave gives you 40 gold coins).
Trade ghostweave with Iffie in Varrock for Bonus XP in Crafting (1 ghostweave gives you 20 Bonus XP).

For example, free prayer restore?  And health regeneration?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png