Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

It remains to be seen (or not seen, punpunpun) how possible it is to get said outfits without resorting to buying keys.  I hope to be able to get at least a few.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I thought someone would have caught this and posted it before me. We shoukd be seeing them finally introducing the wilderness strykewyrm as a high level slayer creature.

20-Oct-2014 13:38:02

Hey all,

It's time for an old friend/enemy to make a return. The wildywyrm! (and ofc the fury shark) That's right, we're bringing it back as a slayer task.

Before we do, we'd like your help to clarify a few things.

What Slayer level do you think the wildywyrm should require? (Level 95 66%, level 85 23%, and level 93 11%)

While most strykewyrms don't have a 100% drop we'd like to keep the wildywyrm a good source of profit. To do this we want to introduce Corrupted Ashes, they would be your ash equivalent of frost dragon bones give approximately 160xp each. (84% corrupt ashes, 14% infernal)

We'd like to give the wildywyrm a couple of nice rare drops too, namely level 85 weapons. Both are task only.

1. A level 85 whip. (84% yes)

The wildywyrm will drop a whip attachment and whips (yes multiple) will be needed to charge it up. Over time the attachement will corrupt the whips compeltely and you'll be left with the attachement. Vine whips will count double towards recharging.

The whip will also have a special attack, this is up for discussion in this thread but this is the current design:

- The special attack will take 60% special.

- It will work from range (max 10).

- It will fire a firey tornado at the target binding them in place and applying a DoT attack.

- If used at range the bind will last 1.8 seconds. If used at melee distance the bind will last 3.6 seconds.

2. A level 85 staff. (85% yes)

The wildywyrm will drop a corruption stone. A staff of light can be used on this and the stone will corrupt the staff of light into a staff of darkness.

- It will have the same passive as the staff of light.

- The special attack will take 100% special.

- The Staff of light special and the staff of darkness special will now work against all styles.

- The staff of darkness speciall will reducade damage by 25% and reflect 25% of damage for sixty seconds.

Please vote in the polls and give me any feedback you would like in this thread.

Thanks,

Pi

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

"people are earning our skill outfits too fast"

"okay, just make six of em"

"hey, weren't we going to make this the halloween event originally?"

"meh, it paid less"

They are variations with no difference other than appearance.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Seems they are somewhat following the same route that Old School is taking for item sinks, I am ok with this!

Also following Old School when it comes to boss pets too :p.

• Like 1

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

Am i the only one who has pretty much dismissed or let another update overshadow the october line-up in anticipation for the elf city batch 2? I have been clamoring over it since the release of batch 1. Araxxor and the elf city have been the only updates of recent that ive been ansy about.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Yea pretty much, but I guess it's because they're the only properly meaty pieces of content we've had the last few months. Gone are the days where In an average month youd get a couple of quests, a minigame and maybe a new D&D. Currently if we get one large standalone piece of content a month that keeps you entertained for longer than an hour it's a rare thing.   It's awesome that content like the city and arraxor can keep you entertained for many, many weeks, but its sad thats so uncommon now days.

Can't wait for city part 2!

In all honesty, I'd be very much ok with seasonal updates rather than monthly or weekly ones...

It would go a long way in reducing rushed disasters such as Rise of the Red Axe, would see more fully developped skills instead of shells to be later filled in, and you're guaranteed to have at least one jewel of an update like a complete City of the Elves...

It would reduce the regular updates to mere maintainance and the odd Ninja fix.

The only thing they need to permanently have is a playable Beta for everyone (including F2P-ers, since Beta's are meant to be experimented with beyond breaking point) that, like the EoC-Beta, can allow you to import an account without having it affect your main on the actual servers...

Membership revenue, however, would drop by two-thirds since a lot of people will just buy a months of membership when the update comes out, and cancel it for the following two...

On the plus side, the crybabies who can't handle a lot of changes (I'm looking at you 07&Legacy-lovers) get to swallow one pill every three months, rather than 4 a month...

• Like 3

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Subpar for months, though.

Especially after their claims to bring us more quests.

Instead we get half stripped "quests" for the sake of finishing a quest series.

*looks at Plague's End and Birthright of the Dwarfs*

And a fair few of the updates we did get had some pretty unforgivable flaws... like the shards for the new achievement capes holding your bank/inventory spaces hostage until you can finish them, without the option to just toggle them off.
  • Like 1

Im intrigued... no one has mentioned it so i will. If both the wildy wyrm update and ports update for weapons both go live we will have a lot of t85 items coming in. We will see a t85 mage 2h and melee mh from the wyrm. That presumably means we have a t85 mage mh/oh, melee 2h or oh and maybe even a ranged 2h.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The quests were pretty lacklustre, I'd say. FOTG and OOAK were awesome, but that's only two quests and they were early in the year. Since then there's been literally no follow up of any kind. We are only getting Zamorakian Heist (a follow-up to WE1!) in a few months from now. Their rate of quests and following up has gone majorly down, and it's somewhat disappointing. I mean Zaros has returned since March, and it's almost the end of the year, and there's been no follow-up of any sort? Lame. No Elder God Quest (which won the PTTP poll) either.

Yoko, what about PE?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

The quests were pretty lacklustre, I'd say. FOTG and OOAK were awesome, but that's only two quests and they were early in the year. Since then there's been literally no follow up of any kind. We are only getting Zamorakian Heist (a follow-up to WE1!) in a few months from now. Their rate of quests and following up has gone majorly down, and it's somewhat disappointing. I mean Zaros has returned since March, and it's almost the end of the year, and there's been no follow-up of any sort? Lame. No Elder God Quest (which won the PTTP poll) either.

Elder God quest is in dev though. As long as Raven can keep Deg in line it should be good.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yoko, what about PE?

Oh that. It wasn't a bad quest, but far too short of the expectations (and the hype that Jagex themselves put around it. They claimed it would be the 200th quest and the biggest and hardest quest to date - it wasn't anything of the sort, and I guess they ended up not meeting their quest target, hence why they decided to put it out way before number 200).

Elder God quest is in dev though. As long as Raven can keep Deg in line it should be good.

Maybe. They were supposed to release that Armadyl homeland quest around this time of last year, and a World Gate quest as well - both were canned. In any case, Elder God Quest doesn't seem to be coming out this year (it wasn't in the preview stream which mentioned the updates we could be expecting for the rest of this year).

In the RuneFest streams they mentioned this year, and I know Deg and Raven are actually developing it atm (well, Raven has this week off, but they are developing it now.) Can't guarantee it will be this year, delays suck but they happen. However it is planned for this year.

Sucks that Rite of Passage hasn't been made yet. It, like many updates, got screwed over when they decided on PttP polls. But I'm hoping with that now in place, and RuneFest seeming a lot more realistic, instead of saying everything under the sun they'd love to do, that less updates get canned or sidelined.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19