Future Update Discussions

Cowman_133

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Guthix having 'caches' hidden around - seems kinda at odds with the idea that he tried to be forgotten and hide away and was asleep for the majority of his time here.

Though of the other hand they could be a good way to throw in some 1st age lore - world mostly empty wouldnt be to hard to hide stuff and tht was when guthix was active.

That and compound on the use of the spell used to initially hide the stone of jas after the world wakes. Further more they could touch on how sliske got the stone via a guthix cache despite never explicitly saying it was a cache in the first place.

Sliske got the stone via looking for it using the Dragonkin he captured. It's revealed in Missing Presumed Death. It could be in one of a few locations depending on where you sent it at the end of RotM.
It was sent to a place using random coordinates which you chose one of. That could easily been teleported into a hidden cache. The dragonkin are in essence just honing beacons to the stone so once he got close it would get enraged.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Guthix having 'caches' hidden around - seems kinda at odds with the idea that he tried to be forgotten and hide away and was asleep for the majority of his time here.

Though of the other hand they could be a good way to throw in some 1st age lore - world mostly empty wouldnt be to hard to hide stuff and tht was when guthix was active.

That and compound on the use of the spell used to initially hide the stone of jas after the world wakes. Further more they could touch on how sliske got the stone via a guthix cache despite never explicitly saying it was a cache in the first place.
Sliske got the stone via looking for it using the Dragonkin he captured. It's revealed in Missing Presumed Death. It could be in one of a few locations depending on where you sent it at the end of RotM.
It was sent to a place using random coordinates which you chose one of. That could easily been teleported into a hidden cache. The dragonkin are in essence just honing beacons to the stone so once he got close it would get enraged.

No.

Being near the stone does not enrage the kin.

The stone being used enrages the kin.

Also we were given quite a detailed account of how he used the Staff of Armadyl alongside the kin to find the stone, it wasn't some hotter colder game of waving a kin around looking for it - which wouldn't work in the first place.

Also yes it would be possible the stone landed in a hidden cache, but the odds are severely against it of all the possible co-ordinate combinations on the entire planet the vast majority are not going to land in any kind of open space, constructed or otherwise. Plus I don't think from a narrative viewpoint there is any reason for the stone to of been anywhere other than randomly buried - it doesn't add anything to the narrative arc since the stone was hidden for such a short timeframe and even it did land in somewhere long hidden Sliske shadow realmness means its arrival and removal could be done with no trace left behind in the environment 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not watching the Twitch stream, but would anyone care to post any enlightening new content they're revealing?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Familiar update looks good,its pretty much just quality of life and not graphical. The main fixes are:

• Combat familiars will now auto attack as soon as you engage an enemy, if you are under ttack they will also automatically enage that enemy
  • You can give a familiar scrolls so that it auto uses them, and you can set the rate at which it uses them
  • Obelisks will now heal familiars
  • The summoning tab has been reworked to look better

Its going to be out Monday. Hopefully it should help with rush of blood quite a bit!

bVnRI.png

TT update will bring dyes to recolour high-end gear.

Three dyes: Barrows, Shadow (hard clues), and 3rd age (elites).

Pictured are shadow drygore longs + tectonic

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'd rather them address the fact that all lvl 90 gear looks like tacticool nerf weapons with an inordinate amount of spikes.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

I hate theres no easy way to get at old streams to watch em these days.

Stupid working for a living made me miss it -.-

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They're all archived, aren't they?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Here's a checklist of whats happening as well as some pictures:

SUMMONING:

- BoB Familiars now have a Give/Take All feature proportionate to their backpack size.

- Combat Familiars will now auto-attack enemies that are targeting/attack you.

- Combat Familiars can store (up to 500) Special Attack scrolls inside them, by right-clicking "Special Move" you can set a timed interval for how often they will use said attack (in seconds)

- ONLY Combat Familiars can store scrolls. helms still function as per norm.

- When a combat familiar is killed in a PvP situation or the player dies, the familiar will drop the scrolls to the ground, similar if a player is killed. (Possibly only in risk zones)

- Interface has been cleaned up

XMAS EVENT:

- Part of the event surrounds a boss Snowman that uses PvM functions. You can die but the damage is negated very low (similar to Boogie demon)

- Boss slowly shrinks in size as he is attacked, then you must lure him to Santa who is situated somewhere in F2P Runescape.

- World Cracker event in which players work together.

- Festive Aura will be making a comeback.

- Boss attacks currently are: Disables in which you must run around to break (turned into a bauble/stocking), Hide in a Present box to avoid an AOE attack, Ally turned into a fire ball (must melt/assist), snowstorm turret in which the snowman revolves and sprays a wave attack.

- Possible duel-wield snowballs.

- Possible Ice-Sickle/Scythe reward.

VORAGO:

- Will have a Santa hat on him (as well as other bosses)

- Panic sell wands.

- Uses a new attack (possibly on wave 3); "clock of doom" - moves his body in the form of clock hands, 4 explosive bombs on each corner, somehow they must be disabled, if failed they begin to follow players and attack them, apparently purple bomb does a unique attack.

- Maul of Omens override for completing some form of Objective.

TREASURE TRAILS:

- Weapon re-colouring dyes for all T90 Gear (currently working on T85 and T80)

- Colors are Barrows Green, Shadow Purple, and 3rd Age White.

- Barrows/Shadow are obtained in Hard clues, 3rd Age will be Elite only.

- New rewards will allow you to skip certain parts of clues (Celtic Knots, Puzzle Box etc)

- Every 3rd clue, you can re-roll the reward for free for better chances.

- New super-rare item (3rd age % drop) which is a cosmetic override.

- Dye-able gear will not turn to dust, and will require their initial construction materials for repairs (energy, tectonic shit, serene scales) 

- Dye-able gear CANNOT be traded once dyed.

- Once dyed, the dyes CANNOT be removed.

- Dying with dyed gear will cause the gear to 'break' (similar to Barrows)

- Possible you can use a new dye over an existing dyed item.

- Update only focuses on billionares.

eXD2sS6.png

3RD AGE TECTONIC

vimmPQ2.png

SHADOW ARAXXI BOW

J9DbNWg.png

SHADOW TECTONIC & DRYGORES

TiiWCg9.png

XMAS BOSS CONCEPT

1V1xa5P.png

XMAS CRACKER CONCEPT

cNzhdsW.png

MAUL OF OMENS OVERRIDE

y5MdQ8a.png

SUMMONING NEW INTERFACE

hzwvOFp.png

SUMMONING BOB INTERFACE

• Like 1

Popoto.~<3

They're all archived, aren't they?

Yeah but you have to sign up and log in to reach archive now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

- Dye-able gear will not turn to dust, and will require their initial construction materials for repairs (energy, tectonic shit, serene scales) 

To panic sell Nex sets and buy in T90 sets, or not to panic sell... That is the question...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

To panic sell Nex sets and buy in T90 sets, or not to panic sell... That is the question...

No, the answer is always: panic sell wands!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

might do shadow ascs :)

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

- Update only focuses on billionares.

Given that the barrows and shadow dyes can be obtained from hard clues, I highly doubt it :P

Plus half the stuff they dye are kinda cheap to get now.

T90 weapons are kinda the most pricey of the bunch and even they are 300m or less these days.

Plv6Dz6.jpg