[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

Catholic Church approves.

Erm, I don't recall Saradomin having reassign Father Lawrence to Varrock cause he was doing inappropriate things to the children of Entrana...

Though that would make a startling and eye opening quest to trail that backstory!

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Catholic Church approves.

Erm, I don't recall Saradomin having reassign Father Lawrence to Varrock cause he was doing inappropriate things to the children of Entrana...

Though that would make a startling and eye opening quest to trail that backstory!

That's because Gielinor never developed an eye witness news.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Saradomin did bad, feels bad about it, says he wont do bad anymore, but does bad now and doesn't regret it.

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Saradomin did bad, feels bad about it, says he wont do bad anymore, but does bad now and doesn't regret it.

Just like Zamorak. The only real difference is that Zamorak is less rude to you, personally. He's basically Shin Megami Tensei's take on Lucifer: charismatic, idealistic, seemingly reasonable... But if you start thinking his endgame won't make the world a shitty place to be for a lot of people then you're probably not paying attention.

Also it's fun to watch him take responsibility for the actions of his followers.

Just like Zamorak. The only real difference is that Zamorak is less rude to you, personally. He's basically Shin Megami Tensei's take on Lucifer: charismatic, idealistic, seemingly reasonable... But if you start thinking his endgame won't make the world a shitty place to be for a lot of people then you're probably not paying attention.

Also it's fun to watch him take responsibility for the actions of his followers.

For me I much prefer Zammy cause he doesn't pretend to be perfect and he takes responsibility for whats he done and he does seem to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them.

Saradomin on the other hand is like no sssh im perfect. WHAT YOU DONT AGREE NOW I WILL SMITE YOU. Oh I know I smited him, but I feel bad and I wanna do better, but don't tell cause ssh im perfect now hand me that uber power stick WHAT YOU WONT LET ME BLAST YOU YOU PUNY MORTAL. I know bad, ssh dont tell im good really.

Its sort of like Zammy is that friend who mixes his drinks at the party once and feels like death the next day, but he remembers to not do it again so you move on and different things happen.

Saradomin is the guy who mixes his drinks, spends the next day throwing up and feeling like death and swearing off drink entirely only to go and do the exact same thing the next week and so on and so forth.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Saradomin = Old Testament God. Respect or Smite.

I think Zamorak wants chaos out of an understanding beyond the typical connotation, but does not understand what that would truly entail for the world, so definitely needs to be kept in check.

On topic for the players and the world event though: looks like another day for Tuska. It is about to become a runaway.

wessan.png

Yeah Tuska seems solidly enroute to 7/15 on the 'Gielinor can't win' scale.

Seems kinda weird/dull to me that the event hasn't progressed any either, all the previous ones had progressions and developments as the weeks went by - we're gonna be half way through the event soon and literally nothing has happened.

I thought at least we'd see some new islands in the rotation and what happened to 'Tuska will adapt to our attacks'? So far she hasn't adapted at all, not that she needs to what with the excessively high health that we can't beat.

I mean it shouldn't be easy to beat her like a couple of days were, but surely it should be in a state where we're well on track at this time of day and its a case of in the last raid or two of the day we could either fall just short or just grasp victory. Not Tuska having like half health left...

• Like 3

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Airut

Plv6Dz6.jpg

For me I much prefer Zammy cause he doesn't pretend to be perfect and he takes responsibility for whats he done and he does seem to learn from his mistakes and not repeat them.

Saradomin on the other hand is like no sssh im perfect. WHAT YOU DONT AGREE NOW I WILL SMITE YOU. Oh I know I smited him, but I feel bad and I wanna do better, but don't tell cause ssh im perfect now hand me that uber power stick WHAT YOU WONT LET ME BLAST YOU YOU PUNY MORTAL. I know bad, ssh dont tell im good really.

Its sort of like Zammy is that friend who mixes his drinks at the party once and feels like death the next day, but he remembers to not do it again so you move on and different things happen.

Saradomin is the guy who mixes his drinks, spends the next day throwing up and feeling like death and swearing off drink entirely only to go and do the exact same thing the next week and so on and so forth.

...Which is why he's always disavowing the actions of his more extreme followers, instead of taking a more active hand in preventing them. Saradomin, if they could actually write, would be a perfect "I do terrible things myself so my followers don't have to" character, and even admits to having that mindset.

Again though, neither of them has really had much development in terms of ideals, it's just that Zamorak's philosophy has been blatantly whitewashed to hell and back and Saradomin is only not a one-note tyrant if you already support him. Even then, the order versus chaos dichotomy in fantasy is kind of played out and really prone to favoritism, anyway.

I assume we will be seeing development on the world event come Monday.

I have missed a few pages of the thread here, but is there any confirmed timeline from Jagex on the event's evolution other than it will last 30 days?

wessan.png

They basically said that the 4 islands and stabbing is all there is for the world event

• Like 1

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Well then, the players a doomed to lose. There is too much commitment needed to the event vice skilling, slaying, etc.

If it was something like half of RS players do one round on Tuska each day, we might stand a chance. Not to mention the whole timing thing. If you want to do it, you have to start in the first 20 mins of the hour. If you don't make yourself log in at an appropriate time, you start doing other things that you don't want to or can't stop for this event.

I know most of that has probably already been said, but wow.

wessan.png

YA I agree the whole must play at the start of an hour or nothing is terrible. I barely play an hour a day so its been hard to rack up points in this event. 

Since today you can start a game penalty-free (once a day) which is not in the first 20 minutes of an hour. 

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

What is with the Meteorite Chunk instead of the Mysterious Relic?

Instead of the usual relic from the personal meteorites that you get each day, I got a meteorite chunk that when examined says that "I should see if I can rid of this on Tuska". If I investigate it it says "a strange remnant that has crashed from above. I can use it to hurt Tuska if I take it there".

It looks like a bluish gem of some sort.

BjuQuHz.png

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

They aren't quite the same meteors.

Burning red ones = xp and relics.

Shiny green ones = chunks to take to tuska for xp.

Red you can only get 2 a day, green seem unlimited.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

YA I agree the whole must play at the start of an hour or nothing is terrible. I barely play an hour a day so its been hard to rack up points in this event. 

Since today you can start a game penalty-free (once a day) which is not in the first 20 minutes of an hour. 

Although the Godless' current run of wins started one day ahead of this, it looks like having the penalty-free time is really helping out.

wessan.png

Although the Godless' current run of wins started one day ahead of this, it looks like having the penalty-free time is really helping out.

It's hard to tell but my guess is that Jagex just made the threshold much lower rather than a huge influx of players magically starting to contribute because of the one run you can now start at any time. I do think it was a good update and appreciate that it hopefully gave more players a chance to play and enjoy the world event - I just wonder how much of the "running up the score" effect is actually due to it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.