[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

Can someone post screenshots or something like that for the things the Zarosian Emissary says? As I cannot see him because I did not do Fate of the Gods yet. Thanks :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Essiw: Zamorak being the baddy is no longer true since the writing of the sixth age. While he did some questionable things, a lot of that is because that stuff was still written when Jagex saw him as the epitome of evil or because our information comes from Saradominist sources.

The Zamorak we saw in DaT showed us a totally different person than we were told to believe he was.

• Like 1

Essiw: Zamorak being the baddy is no longer true since the writing of the sixth age. While he did some questionable things, a lot of that is because that stuff was still written when Jagex saw him as the epitome of evil or because our information comes from Saradominist sources.

The Zamorak we saw in DaT showed us a totally different person than we were told to believe he was.

Thanks, I am not really up to date with everything :P Also what does DaT stand for?

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Unfortunately, Zamorak still seems to have only the worst followers. Zarosian mahjarrat tend to help or work with us while Zammy's Mahjarrat tend to be some of the more villainous ones. So even if I wanted to follow Zamorak, I wouldn't want to empower his other followers by doing so

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

Yes, that is one of the problems that stay: they can't retcon people like Hazeel, Khazard, Zemouregal and so on without destroying vast amounts of ingame content and lore sadly. It would have helped tremendously is people like Movario, Scorpio (that astromancy ghost), Moia and the Kinshra played a larger role in his forces.

They would shift the notion of evil away from Zamorak.

I'm sad that there isn't any extra dialogue for Zamorak, Zaros, or Azzanadra.

It's like, aside from the Town Criers at every loadstone, and the minimap for loadstone teles, there isnt a world event

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Unfortunately, Zamorak still seems to have only the worst followers. Zarosian mahjarrat tend to help or work with us while Zammy's Mahjarrat tend to be some of the more villainous ones. So even if I wanted to follow Zamorak, I wouldn't want to empower his other followers by doing so

Zilyana is one of the biggest [bleep]s as far as NPCs go, and she's a Saradominist. Same with the Missionary in Ports.

I don't know why people keep saying Zarosians hate Zamorak and his minions, Zaros himself said he holds no grudges against Zamorak. It learned him a valuable lesson. :)

I as a Zarosian ingame really wanted to choose Zamorak, until I learned Vorago and his minions are there to represent the Anima Mundi. That seemed like the greater good and pretty selfless.

About the event itself: it really shows this development team has no knowledge of how to write lore, so I really want them to stay clear in the future from anything quest and lore related. The Q&A on Reddit and RSOF made this even more clear, lots of nonsense answers and stuff that contradicts preestablished lore.

I am also very dissappointed by the fact this is all the event has to offer: the daily stabbing and some subpar WC/agility if you have time to spare. No progression like the other events, not even a cutscene when we logged in on 1st of June. The event seemed so promising during all the streams, they were hyping it big time, yet all we got was this... a massive letdown.

A lot of stuff they do lately has been overhyped stuff. Anyone remember the Grouping System? It was supposed to solve all our grouping problems, but is so half-assed and lacking in basic features that it's completely nonfunctional and pretty much no one uses it. Yet they still pretend on streams and what not it's a great solution to grouping problems.

So, new points seem to be (assuming 100% stabs) 1000 for the first, 250 for second and third, and 50 for each thereafter (you get astro credits for all the stabs equal to 1/10th of the points, except maybe the 50pt runs, not sure). Stabbing resets your 80min skill cap, but there's now a hard daily cap of 80 frags (which does not reset by stabbing) (you get the usual 1 astro credit per frag, and you can't get astro credits from skilling after you cap frags).

Not including 50 point stabs, new daily cap is 1900 (1000+250+250 stabs + 80*5); old cap was roughly 1600 but varied widely depending on how lucky you were with frags. Old cap took 100min to reach (20 event, 80 skilling for frags); new caps takes 80-140min to cap (20x3 event, 20-80min frags, depending on your luck).

Folks who stabbed before the update occurred but after today's reset seem to be getting more 250pt stabs than they should.

Edit: It's also looking like it will indeed take the full original 80min of skilling to hit 80 frags, whereas before you could get 80 in a little over half that time. So capping takes a fair bit longer now.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Yea, Zilyana is awful. But there are a lot of "good" Saradominists that players get along with. There are very few if any "good" Zamorakians that aren't antagonistic towards the player. So I think overall Zamorak has no decent followers to show you how his ideas could make the world better whereas several Saradominists show that Saradominist societies can be functional and decent.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

So, new points seem to be (assuming 100% stabs) 1000 for the first, 250 for second and third, and 50 for each thereafter (you get astro credits for all the stabs equal to 1/10th of the points, except maybe the 50pt runs, not sure). Stabbing resets your 80min skill cap, but there's now a hard daily cap of 80 frags (which does not reset by stabbing) (you get the usual 1 astro credit per frag, and you can't get astro credits from skilling after you cap frags).

Not including 50 point stabs, new daily cap is 1900 (1000+250+250 stabs + 80*5); old cap was roughly 1600 but varied widely depending on how lucky you were with frags. Old cap took 100min to reach (20 event, 80 skilling for frags); new caps takes 80-140min to cap (20x3 event, 20-80min frags, depending on your luck).

Folks who stabbed before the update occurred but after today's reset seem to be getting more 250pt stabs than they should.

Edit: It's also looking like it will indeed take the full original 80min of skilling to hit 80 frags, whereas before you could get 80 in a little over half that time. So capping takes a fair bit longer now.

So what was supposed to be an upgrade is not really an upgrade...

Retired item crew

To be fair though, 3 of the 4 God Wars generals are all kind of angry extremists (with the slight exception of Kree).

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

To be fair though, 3 of the 4 God Wars generals are all kind of angry extremists (with the slight exception of Kree).

Kree is like the passive aggressive type. Like... I think I'll look the other way instead of shred you to ribbons with my talons and feed you to chick'ara. I mean - only because you defeated me in hard mode bro and all... GL stopping Sliske!
  • Like 1

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Zamorak will smite you all.

Graador just likes to fight.

May your bloodlust be never sated.

Dr.evil_laugh.jpg

Yea, Zilyana is awful. But there are a lot of "good" Saradominists that players get along with. There are very few if any "good" Zamorakians that aren't antagonistic towards the player. So I think overall Zamorak has no decent followers to show you how his ideas could make the world better whereas several Saradominists show that Saradominist societies can be functional and decent.

GIVE ME POWER OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

I'd say Saradomin is the only evil one out of the options, but ... that's my PoV  :D

You get a cookie

eg7dpi.jpg

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Zamorak will smite you all.

Graador just likes to fight.

May your bloodlust be never sated.

Well, it gets sated when I get sleepy.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

from what I've experienced in quests, Zamorak has been largely reasonable about negotiation (despite his past actions), while Saradomin just bawls like an infant the moment somebody tells him he can't have what he wants

both of them have resorted to unsavory means to accomplish their goals, but only one of the two are forthright about the matter

8f14270694.jpg

from what I've experienced in quests, Zamorak has been largely reasonable about negotiation (despite his past actions), while Saradomin just bawls like an infant the moment somebody tells him he can't have what he wants

both of them have resorted to unsavory means to accomplish their goals, but only one of the two are forthright about the matter

Saradomin wants to use his power to protect people who are too weak to protect themselves. He believes his power gives him the responsibility to use it for the good of mankind. He chooses to use his gift to fight evil.

Zamorak isn't interested in protecting anyone. All he's after is power, and he'll do anything to get it, even if it means destroying innocent lives. That's not even propaganda. Look at what he actually DOES in the storyline. He blows up Forinthry! He commits genocide against the dwarves! Etc.

Basically, Saradomin is Superman and Zamorak is Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor loves to paint himself as the hero and Superman as the villain. Well, **** you, Luthor, if you want to be the hero, maybe try actually helping other people. And not just in imaginary storylines, either.

I wonder if they expected Tuska to start winning ...

Let's place the bets, when will they bend down and reduce the HP :D ?

I think they already have - it would seem to be dynamically adjusted up/down based on wins/losses. I also wouldn't be surprised if they failed to account for the fact that there is more activity on a weekend than on a weekday.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Saradomin wants to use his power to protect people who are too weak to protect themselves. He believes his power gives him the responsibility to use it for the good of mankind. He chooses to use his gift to fight evil.

Zamorak isn't interested in protecting anyone. All he's after is power, and he'll do anything to get it, even if it means destroying innocent lives. That's not even propaganda. Look at what he actually DOES in the storyline. He blows up Forinthry! He commits genocide against the dwarves! Etc.

Basically, Saradomin is Superman and Zamorak is Lex Luthor. Lex Luthor loves to paint himself as the hero and Superman as the villain. Well, **** you, Luthor, if you want to be the hero, maybe try actually helping other people. And not just in imaginary storylines, either.

But, Saradomin attacked the Naragi. He went to their world and attacked them. That doesn't seem like Superman to me.

But... but... those peaceful farmers... I mean unenlightened savages needed his help and he was only trying to educate on right and wrong.

• Like 1

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.