[1-6-15] Tuska World Event

Leik

From: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/a=13/c=UL0Ou9z7aXI/l=0/sl=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?396,397,222,65632328,60#67

Mod Deg:

(I'm pretty sure Chris is covering your other question)

With the next game update, we plan on changing the way the points are given out. After the first thousand you'll get a few more stabs at a diminished rate. After a few stabs at that diminished rate you'll start getting an even further diminished one at which you can happily stab tuska all day if you'd like.

Also Mod Chris L says tuska will be revisitable after the event.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

They've also said they're going to tweak it so it's closer between Tuska and the players and also mention of looking at the factions. Coincidentally the Godless have won today so 2-1 Tuska.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

So she never actually crashes?

Well that's underwhelming to know

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So an hour and a half post-reset and we've nearly cleared another day. Now it's too easy. I do hope they have a method in there to slowly increase the amount of contribution required or something to make it actually close. That or people are crowding reset.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

yeah clearly amazed at how fast the bar was being raised, but i figure things will change in the coming weeks. I think Tuska has some time to still win this since she already has two notches on her pelt.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Why can't i help the blind giant rage beast... Why so serious jagex.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I seriously don't care if Tuska wins or not. It's pretty obvious that no one would be able really rally enough with default capping alone, so they probably wanted some sort of push to prevent it...thing is, no one's going to push to prevent it unless there's incentive to do so at the end of it all. Overall I think Tuska colliding with the planet and being rebuffed in some manner is more interesting than sucking Tuska dry of anima mundi juice.

hzvjpwS.gif

so it is like 5 hours after day reset and tuska has already lost

something is not very well balanced. 

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Tbh I don't really blame Jagex to much for Tuska being beaten so easy today.

First two days despite good efforts it was kinda an unreachable goal so they rightly tweaked to make it a bit easier.

The trouble is now its like two days post-launch people are getting into the swing of it - more people turning up, more people piling in right at reset etc. so the tweaks to make it not impossible now become too much and need to go back the other way a bit.

Trying to predict player turn out can't be easy considering how random it must be and at least they are trying to tweak to keep it a close fight, it just happens that initial launch didn't see as many as they thought making tuska defeat overly hard and as soon as they fix it you get a surge of late arrivers to the content making it overly easy.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

On the Q&A they mentioned they plan to change the numbers monday, since it was a bit too hard. But, if Tuska get 16 days she wins. So they may have deliberately made it easier while they work on the actual change so that players don't lose for a full week while waiting.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

The treasure hunter promotion is until 8th, does that mean that after that we'll stop receiving credits from the event too ?

And here I thought ironman would have a chance XD not that I mind it to much

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The Tuska Q&A is interesting. One that stood out was this
[hide=]"Concerning the lost and tormented souls that appear in the world event. They are from one of the previous planets Tuska destroyed. While they are indeed human they are not from Gielinor."[/hide]
and
[hide=]
"Mod Avatar said: 

Adventurers said: 
1. If Vorago manages to kill Tuska (if Godless win) Will he ascend to Godhood?

Theoretically yes. We'll have to see what happens ;)"

Vorago is the Anima mundi, right? so if he kills Tuska, then he'll just siphon the Godpower and add it to the anima of the world..[/hide]

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

That's the most logical step. Vorago is the world soul, so any god he kills would be added to the world soul, like guthix, but with less leakage.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

so it is like 5 hours after day reset and tuska has already lost

something is not very well balanced. 

~~~legoman187~~~

Actually it only took around two ::/, proving the point further.

But to Jagex's credit, it's not easy to guess how many players might sign in and play and how much they are going to contribute.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Mod Deg said
Big Storms said
Is the contribution cap experience based?

If so, is it then actually better to AVOID standing on charged spines if you want to get as much tuska fragments as possible?
No. If you stand on a bad spine you'll get less xp and the same amount of fragments.

Okay, but Mod Deg also said this on Twitter:

Noon-active spines waste your cap. You'll get less total xp and less fragments.

So which is it?

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

I seriously don't care if Tuska wins or not. It's pretty obvious that no one would be able really rally enough with default capping alone, so they probably wanted some sort of push to prevent it...thing is, no one's going to push to prevent it unless there's incentive to do so at the end of it all. Overall I think Tuska colliding with the planet and being rebuffed in some manner is more interesting than sucking Tuska dry of anima mundi juice.

keep in mind that even if tuska is killed, they still haven't come up with a way to slow her down enough to not crush the planet

as for trusting jagex's knowledge about their own game

uh, we're gonna need a third opinion

8f14270694.jpg

I guess their idea of fantasy might be to throw conservation of momentum out the window.  :rolleyes:

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Since the idea is to weaken Tuska to lower her anima mundi shield so Vorago/Gods are able to reach her to attack I'd of thought momentum is a non issue,

Specific god/Vorago arrives, smacks Tuska in the face killing her. The meeting force of the attack and Tuska would halt her or would at least alter her course - something we could then further purposefully alter when shes just a corpse to make her fly into a nice moon-like orbit or w/e.

It's not like we are just gonna stab her in teh face until she dies then leave it be - the stabbing is just phase 1 to allow the gods to get there to stop her hitting the planet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mod Deg said
Big Storms said

Is the contribution cap experience based?

If so, is it then actually better to AVOID standing on charged spines if you want to get as much tuska fragments as possible?

No. If you stand on a bad spine you'll get less xp and the same amount of fragments.

Okay, but Mod Deg also said this on Twitter:

Noon-active spines waste your cap. You'll get less total xp and less fragments.

So which is it?

Doesn't matter, it is boring either, so non-active spine standing while doing other stuff is the way to do this imo... 

In other news... I just did the event on my own, and it was much easier... so the best advice to get 100% is to try to go in on your own?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!