Whips Value as opposed to its Rarity

bigmoneyak

uh wasnt dlong 100k and the best melee weapon in the game for how long? so why does it being the best weapon in the game influence anything in price? and if its not rare, then why expect it to stay high in price? IMO its been far too long for a drop in its prices, it was 26m and then stable at 10 and then down to 9 7 6 and now like 3 or 2... so its been way over priced for too long, dlong was a staple to pk with and u didnt mind losing 100k, so... whip will get there, adn then a new weapon will dominate

I wouldn't say it's overpriced right now... but there's certainly no justification for it to be higher. Every day more and more people get 85 slayer, and every whip drop just makes 1 less person who needs a whip.

Since the prices are declining, people sell extra whips as soon as they get them, generally. So it's not like when people lose them in PKs they are taken out of the market for a while... Most, if not all, PKers turn around and sell pretty soon after a PK. If people were hoarding 10 whips at a time it'd be a little different perhaps.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm. im not a dude with 85 slayer.. but for my lvl ppl tell me my slayer is very good. :D 76 combat, 58 slayer....

neways i think that whps should be dropped more often... thery really hard to get and ppl deserve to get them more when u go all the way to 85 slayer... i mean omg

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

I hope they go up, i bought my first whip for 4.5M at lvl 89 combat, now all these lvl 80 and unders have whips, makes me so mad, and the can't hit crap with them :roll:

i paid 6mil for my original whip(i wish i still had it, i swapped whips with some guy.)

theirs something about me max hitting 33's with my whip when everys like omg 22 that amuses me. ive ended many duels where my whip hit a 30 on some guy in dharok or verac... while im wearin full rune it just cracks me up the effect of a whip on people egos when they are lower lvls.

i was 107 i think when i did a fun duel with a lvl 90 in full dharok, wearing torag helmet, and when i used my d dagger at the begining hes said "im gonna own you" "i got g-axe and whip" "you poor"...but after i pulled out my verac he didnt talk at all. :lol: first of all, let me say if your gonna trash talk in a duel, back it up.

Why dont you buy all the whips off the market. That way you can wipe out all fresh selling and maybe the prices will rise to 5m. Then sell back in the market for 5m each. This way you can make a lot of money if the drop rate has really reduced.

i hate to say it but this is almost the thruth with barrows armors to, except any1(almost any1) can get the armors, i mean a lvl 70 could get a guthan spear, nearly 6mil...much more profitable then a whip drop

i mean, i wish the armors were cheaper to buy, but when i get 1 of course i wish i could sell it for 20mil...

i honestly dont think your gonna get 5mil for whips again, you may stabilize the price for a LONG time but raise it... + i believe someone tried this on the forums a while back

whip had started at 26M+ when it came out, and stayed at 12m+ for how many months? and then stayed at 10m, 9m, 8 and etc VERY SLOWLY did it decrease, and your gonna sit and cry because you cant get 5m for your whip, and now you want to try to get others to stop selling?

sir you are a loser, how much have you made off 85 slayer already, the first people made 1000's of mils when whips were dropping like "rune meds from lessers" at 25m a pop for a week, u can make 200m in a week if they dropped like that, so sir, please, stop begging for a few more gp and go back to lvling something, why even stay at slayer, u have gp, move on and do something else, lvl something else, dont sit and CRY ABOUT LOSING A COUPLE MILS BECAUSE your greedy....

i guess some peope are penny pinchers

untitled6kv7.gif

5m rofl whip will never be worth 5mill again it should be worth 500k its not much better then a d scim

wrong in so many ways...

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

Oh, I really doubt it takes you 5M worth of food to kill enough demons for one whip.

I'M maging w prayer:-)

Oi! No wonder lol.... at least get range so its not that much of an expense lol!

I hope they go up, i bought my first whip for 4.5M at lvl 89 combat, now all these lvl 80 and unders have whips, makes me so mad, and the can't hit crap with them :roll:

My pure is 66 with whip and he can probably give you a run for your money using it :)

I wouldn't mind the price being dirt cheap if its drop rate was the same as it was previously. You could be fairly confident that if you spent the day there you would get 1 or 2 drops. That was a fantastic return for your time invested there.

My only point is that the abyssal Demons don't drop whips like they used to and the price we get for them should reflect that.

The person who mentioned the new slayer pies may have been right on the money.

Now theres nothing stoping a good cook, who has 80 slayer, from eating a shortcut which will allow them a few hours at the Abyssal Demons. Jagex probally realized this and made the whip more rare.

Believing that to be so I am taking a wait and see approach to the market. Each time I go to fally I see more buyers than sellers. Unfortuneately buyers have gotten lazy and would rather wait in fally for 3 hours spamming a low price than to pay 100-200k more to get the best weapon in the game which was terribly hard to obtain for the slayer who got it.

If whips continue to decline in spite of jagex making its rate crawl to 1 a week for a full time slayer, I do belive that the skill of slayer will become insignifigant, until of course jagex releases a level 95 or 99 monster that release the upgrade to the Abyssal whip, the dragon tail, which hit the same but have a special of 100% firebreath which instantly smites anyone who doesnt have an antifire equipped. I'll start selling that at 80 Million!

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.

I agree with what your doing, I paid about four million for my whip way back, it's was well worth it, it would definatly have been worth it for 5.

I think it's such a shame that the price has dropped so much, it's a real shame to all those people that raised slayer, I think they need to introduce a decent item worth a fair amount that's only dropped by something like dark beasts.

I agree with what your doing, I paid about four million for my whip way back, it's was well worth it, it would definatly have been worth it for 5.

I think it's such a shame that the price has dropped so much, it's a real shame to all those people that raised slayer, I think they need to introduce a decent item worth a fair amount that's only dropped by something like dark beasts.

i defeinetly think dark beasts need a new drop

but not exactly a new weapon..maybe new armour..new gear anything else, or maybe a weapon with intresting special

for dark beasts best drop, its a death talisman..? not even tradeable so its the most complete bs monster yet, anyhow im looking for drag boots maybe

Clean_Staker.png

yea, my mate got 85 slayer within the last week, hes been killing abbys for over 10 hrs and not a single whip, im 82 slayer here, not too far off 83, and not sure whether to bother going for 85 since rcing is better money, but i do like training slayer.

118+ combat

1730+ total

85 slayer

95 mage

94 range

I don't know for certain but I can say for myself and many other Slayers that the Abyssal Demon, which I kill 600-800 of each day on assignment, are no longer dropping the Abyssal Whip with the frequency they have in the past.

When I first got 85 slayer they dropped them as commonly as a Rune Medium Helmet from a Lesser Demon.

Now they will drop, if you are lucky, 1 out of ever 1000 Abyssal Demon's killed.

The effort, time, and expense required to get one are now much higher than they were in the past, becaseu of this its value should rise.

I am now refusing to sell my whips for less than 5 Million GP. I would rather let them rot in my bank then to allow an unskilled market watcher the ability to get one.

Those of you who get one, take a look back and see how hard it was to procure. Dont sell it. If we all do this the price will rise to what it is actually worth.

Hey mate :wink:

I could not possibly agree more! And I'm doing the same for some time, I refuse to sell them for the ridiculous low marketprice. Whips are EXTREMELY rare, I've had no whip in 8K demons, that's right, 8 FRIGGIN' THOUSAND DEMONS. :x

Noble_Skull.gif

Proud member of The Slayer's Guild

i defeinetly think dark beasts need a new drop

but not exactly a new weapon..maybe new armour..new gear anything else, or maybe a weapon with intresting special

for dark beasts best drop, its a death talisman..? not even tradeable so its the most complete bs monster yet, anyhow im looking for drag boots maybe

Yes got to agree there dark beasts were one big dissapointment for me.

Oh and death tallys are tradeable :D

Esdxc37.png

Slayer drops - and really I assume most drops - are quriky these days... I do not think it's just the abbys.

last week on assignments: Over 600 specters - no mystic not even a lava staff, over 800 gargoyles - no mystic tops or addy boots then all of a sudden this week - 4 mystic boots , 3 mystic hats, 4 mystic bottoms and a mystic top, eight addy boots.... and to top it off I've hardly done any regular slayer monsters the this week - dang Duradel has some [specialInterest] going for black demons and greaters.

What I'm really noticing is when I'm getting good drops ... they keep dropping, but when I'm getting bad drops it's a constant.

whip had started at 26M+ when it came out, and stayed at 12m+ for how many months? and then stayed at 10m, 9m, 8 and etc VERY SLOWLY did it decrease, and your gonna sit and cry because you cant get 5m for your whip, and now you want to try to get others to stop selling?

sir you are a loser, how much have you made off 85 slayer already, the first people made 1000's of mils when whips were dropping like "rune meds from lessers" at 25m a pop for a week, u can make 200m in a week if they dropped like that, so sir, please, stop begging for a few more gp and go back to lvling something, why even stay at slayer, u have gp, move on and do something else, lvl something else, dont sit and CRY ABOUT LOSING A COUPLE MILS BECAUSE your greedy....

What are you, WG?

I personally have given away many whips (12) to friends and clanmates, and all other profits I have re-invested into slayer (cannonballs) or mage (runes). I am actually quite poor.

If the profit from the skill dissapears because lazy noobs believe they deserve the whip cheaper and spam the prices in fally lower and lower then slayer will become another useless skill akin to firemaking. Then nobody would care to train it and the skill I love so much will die.

I caution you not to insult people on these boards. You can easily get your point across without acting foolisly.

He might have been harsh, but what you are telling is a bit, well ill call it "not smart".

The prices of whips arent manipulated by lazy noobs who believe they deserve the whips cheaper. I dont believe a few noobs can cause such an impact.

I think it's just the play of supply and demand, and at the moment the demand is still smaller than the supply. IF the drop rate is changed, then the you will see the result anyway. No need to push things.

I don't think you'll be able to keep the prices up. Whips are not like Party Hats or other rares where there is a limited number of them. Maybe the drop rate has come down, but most people already have one and more and more coming into the market each day. I'm not rushing to 85 slayer anymore because by the time I get there they will be as plentiful as Granite Mauls. You must have made quite a bit of gp from them by now so consider yourself fortunate. Just my opinion.

mcguff1.png