*Sniff*

highlanders

There it is, I've been forum-banned from the official forums..

I had 2 blackmarks, because of my still very polite criticism towards Jagex, and knew it would be a question of time before it would happen.

Jagex, following their 'tradition', gave no reasons, and I can't recall doing anything offensive, but calling a ban appeal is probably useless knowing their customer support is essentially made of university students that need a job, and that seem to have no clue what they are doing..

Well, I think I'll need to get used it.. It's a harder hit than I thought, I liked those forums..

Atleast tip.it is still there, and won't ban me for my opinions.

Hello tip.it! Your my new forum.

2480+ total

*shrugs*

I'm never a big fan of official forums for any game to begin with. The RS Official Forums are junk anyway in my opinion. The worst of the community dwells there for the most part. I'd rather hang around fan site forums where it probably isn't half as bad. And the terrible people that do lurk here are delt with rather quickly.

I was actually banned from the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 forums for nearly the same reason I believe. I simply went out, found a fan site that allowed me to be myself... and I really couldn't be happier.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Lol, good luck trying to buy anything :lol:

Actually here's my advice:

Make a f2p character. Use him to search the forums for ppl buying or selling whatever you want. Pm them on your real char. So you can still buy/sell, you just can't create the topics and it is inconvinient....

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Make a f2p character. Use him to search the forums for ppl buying or selling whatever you want. Pm them on your real char. So you can still buy/sell, you just can't create the topics and it is inconvinient....

I believe you have to be f2p to use the forums

I believe you have to be f2p to use the forums

you mean p2p? :wink:

you can read them, but you cant post if you are f2p

I've just noticed this, but Jagex tends to ban lots of people disagreeing with them. I guess they don't really care about your opinions as long as they get your $5 a month

It is their site, is it not? If someone were badmouthing you, wouldn't you ban them from doing it again? And don't say "he was being polite about it" because obviously he wasn't. You guys complain about their banning policies way too much. Don't do anything borderline, and you won't be banned, that simple people.

I've just noticed this, but Jagex tends to ban lots of people disagreeing with them. I guess they don't really care about your opinions as long as they get your $5 a month

It is their site, is it not? If someone were badmouthing you, wouldn't you ban them from doing it again? And don't say "he was being polite about it" because obviously he wasn't. You guys complain about their banning policies way too much. Don't do anything borderline, and you won't be banned, that simple people.

Excuse me? You don't know what you're talking about.

I do not agree with certain of the things they do, and I talk about it in the forums. I don't "badmouth", insult, flame, or any of the sort. I have my opinions, I state my points, in other words, I explain why I feel this way or another.

By definition, that's what criticism is.

My threads made people react, and they were permitted. I was blackmarked for very isolated and absurd reasons, for example, my second blackmark was because I said that Jagex "was doing a great job considering their means and the little the game had started of" (my exact, or about, words) and I got a blackmark because I 'insulted' them.

I'm 20 years old, I'm not a little swine who just spams all the forums with insults at Jagex. Inform yourself before accusing people without knowing.

2480+ total

well i wouldn't broadcast your rsn here either. tip.it is so far available to express critisism to jagex, but bad thing sometimes they come here, and this is thing that u don't want, especialy if they read your own opinion.

either they can you, or sue :)

and welcome here, much better place :)

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Rs board is full of 12 year old kids who report you for every little thing hoping one day jagex will ask them to become a forum mod or a player mod.. Also the spam on them boards is shocking.. When ever i got on i always see

0mg F1rst P0st 1!!1Shift!!11!1111 :roll:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

i disagree with you on one thing. The main, and very very importand&crucial, point in this is that Jagex is running a customer support based business. That is why a good reputation is important to have both ingame and official forums. When word gets out that they ban people on absurd reasons, be it truth or rumor, it naturally affects on players and the people that pay for the game in behalf of their children. (this is basic situation in all consumer based services, which i have alot of experience of.)

as i do understand the massive amount of abuse reports and like that flow in to jagex by wanna-be-mods there has to be some mistakes, that is only human from them, no matter how good person is a mod in the CS he is bound to make at least one mistake every now and then. This is what results in rants how ppl got banned unjust etc. and unfortunatelly it spreads the word how bias (i think it's the right word) the CS is. again i must emphasize that these are rumors, i don't know any figures about unjust/just bannings(, all i know is that droolman is not in the highscores).

That is why it is stupid for you to say that it is their site, they can do anything they want. allthough it is true it is stupid to act like a totalitarian government and run stuff through without listening to the community.

i personally barely ever use official forums, and if i do i check the certain forums and only reply to posts that ppl seem to be more mature and not the shift1!!!-guys.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

*shrugs*

I'm never a big fan of official forums for any game to begin with. The RS Official Forums are junk anyway in my opinion. The worst of the community dwells there for the most part. I'd rather hang around fan site forums where it probably isn't half as bad. And the terrible people that do lurk here are delt with rather quickly.

Only thing i use official forums, is for buying and selling things.

I used to use them a lot when i was on my big "be a big mod" thing, but i guess that went down the pan when i got black marked and "muted" (which didnt even happen?! everyone cud hear me perfectly) for "flooding" because i was typing "Selloing cooked shark 1k each" at reasonable speed.. on a busy world - so i was obviously using an auto typing program (thats what they said anyways,.. ignoring the fact that i type about 80 words a minute and dont need an autotyper, so i've never used one) ..back to topic.. the official forms stink

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

do NOT use the jagex forums!

saying ANY word in Runescape is dangerous and can get you banned!

the less you say in Runescape, the less chance you have to be banned.

Using the jagex forums is having jagex watching every word you type and giving them more reasons to ban you!

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

Basically, Jagex is alienating their own customer base. They've gotten a taste of what it's like to have money, and they don't care about anyone they consider "lower" than themselves.

Well, good luck to you, Jagex, within a week or so I'll probably be on another game, taking my (real life) money with me if things continue the way they are going. Your company has become a textbook example of how to completely blow technical support and alienate your paying customer base.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

There it is, I've been forum-banned from the official forums..

I had 2 blackmarks, because of my still very polite criticism towards Jagex, and knew it would be a question of time before it would happen.

Jagex, following their 'tradition', gave no reasons, and I can't recall doing anything offensive, but calling a ban appeal is probably useless knowing their customer support is essentially made of university students that need a job, and that seem to have no clue what they are doing..

Well, I think I'll need to get used it.. It's a harder hit than I thought, I liked those forums..

Atleast tip.it is still there, and won't ban me for my opinions.

Hello tip.it! Your my new forum.

Pfft, I have been banned from Jagex forums on many occasions and had litterally dozens of threads deleted cuz I ask difficult questions.

My latest was questioning a forum mod to prove his claim that luring was a bannable offence as scamming, it was deleted in less than 5 minutes.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"