Where are you going to College/University?

Zerocool11

I'll end up at MSUM (Mankato State University, Mankato; not Minneapolis/St. Paul :P) at some point, I'm sure. Next year I'll probably start out at the local technical college to freshen up on my math so I can pass college algebra...That's my only obsticle. :'(

I might be visiting there in the next few weeks :P

I really have to get started looking at more colleges. I want to look at some places around the Twin Cities first and then start looking and colleges in neighboring states. The only one I have seriously looked at is Wartbug College in Waverly Iowa. ( not sure if anyone here has even heard of it =p)

So if anyone knows of any nice colleges I should visit around the Twin Cities I would be grateful. ( I know there are a few Minnesotans out there :wink: )

I went to school at Iowa State University for a year back in 2004, it was quite expensive (me living in Minnesota and paying out of state tuition). It might not effect you though if your parents are alumni and if you get scholarships and what not.

I transferred to North Dakota State University, the campus isn't quite as nice as ISU and their food is crap but I do enjoy my classes much much more, it also saves me about 10 grand a year. Right now I'm in my 2nd year of Architecture and its extremely hard work but I'm having a blast (except during production week and everyone is stressed out about getting their models and drawings done).

Quite a few of my friends went to UMD, they seem to enjoy it up there. If you want a party school St. Cloud State is a pretty good party school, couple of my friends go there. A lot of my classmates went to private colleges like in Northfield, forget what they're called. Another popular one (if you're not looking for a huge campus like the U of M) is MSU at Mankato, many of my relatives went there. If you're looking for reciprocity you can always look at colleges in Wisconsin, North Dakota (although its extremely cold in the winter here), and South Dakota.

chippersig.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to UC Davis. 3rd year microbiology major :)

Where are my scientists at? So far I've seen like... one other science major. It makes me very sad.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

• 3 months later...

Bump for everyone on ED/EA :o!

Just got my Cornell Engineering School acceptance... five minutes ago :-w .

Dear [OMG WHO ARE YOU],

Congratulations on your acceptance into Engineering at Cornell University! We are very pleased to be welcoming you to the new freshman class.

This electronic message is not your official acceptance notification. You should be receiving an official acceptance letter from us in the mail shortly.

In the meantime, we want you to know that we are excited at the prospect of your joining the Cornell community and know that you will make a very positive contribution to the university as a future Cornellian. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way.

Best regards,

Doris Davis

Associate Provost

Admissions and Enrollment

Cornell University

WaPAH :o!

And here I was terrified of having to do college application essays over Xmas break ^_^'.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm a freshman, so I obviously haven't decided yet. I'll probably go to one of the good state schools where I live, because they're the only good schools I can afford, unless I get a really good scholarship.

Luckily my state has extremely good state schools, unlike some other states. For example, I used to live in Massachusetts, and to be honest, the state schools there kind of sucked..

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I hope you go to the basketball games.. Michael Beasley is a freakin BEAST. He's fun to watch.

Btw App. State Mountaineers 3-peat national champs =P

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I'm currently at Nottingham University in the UK, in my second year studying Psychology.

Wow this is an old thread. I'm now doing an M.Sc. in Psych, still at Notts uni.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Bachelor of Mathematics Education (about to begin 2nd year) @ University of Wollongong (Australia)

Lol @ there being 8 people enrolled in 1st year of the course.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

rebdragon - congrats!! Cornell Engineering is tough to get into :D wtg :D

jak, I didn't realize you were at Carleton. I know a bunch of people there and at St. Olaf (mostly people who are doing the Budapest Semesters in Mathematics program).

kelem, I got to visit Vienna earlier this year. it's a beautiful city! I imagine it'd be a great place to be a student.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

rebdragon - congrats!! Cornell Engineering is tough to get into :D wtg :D

It would have been nice if I had had scores like you, but I guess I barely scraped by ^_^'.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I hope you go to the basketball games.. Michael Beasley is a freakin BEAST. He's fun to watch.

Sad to say, but I completely don't do sports :P

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

what?!?!?! blasphemy. have you even tried going to one game? the environment is amazing \'

:D

This is why I love you and we're friends :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Hopefully I can get a choice between Northeastern, Tufts, BU, Lehigh and at least some of the 8 other colleges on my list. I've sent all the apps out and already gotten one back from wentworth! I got accepted! :D Congratz also Rebdragon, in fact you got accepted practically on the same day I did ::'

I'll be hearing from Oregon State University next. If I get in there, I'm set :shock:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )