ancint magicks unfair?

electro_dude

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. You've done the hard quest, you've earned the money for the spells and you've trained your magic hard. You deserve something better than your everyday fire blasts!

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I wish there was some forum where people could post their rants. It would make General P2P more organized, and full of less complaining. Could anyone direct me to such a forum? Where I could post rants? Like a rant forum? Rant? Rant?

Normal magics own more, teleblock, entangle and flame of zammy oponent and hes in no time dead.

So for that combo you need 85 Mage minimum. So lets say I'm using Ice Blitz. You TB me, I blitz you, You entangle me, I blitz you, You Charge, I blitz you, You finally attack and I already got 3 shots off. That can be up to 78 Damage worth of shots for me. You realize your going to get owned? Wait 15 Seconds and I'll just let you move 1 step because I'll be continuing to Blitz you.

This is tactic for pking green drag killers and rcers.

You dont entangle a mage anyway unless its running away

Rofl, you don't even need a tactic vs people training.

Yes, their 4 Lobsters are definetly going to set you back, and create a huge challenge to kill.. :roll:

You do need to stop them from simply teleporting away.

While training at the green dragons, I fear a normal mage with teleblock much more than I do an ancient mage.

elle2nq7.jpg

You say they always beat you or they're overpowered?

Let's see. RuneScape high scores say you're level 60 in defense and 71 in magic.

They're high, but not high enough to deal with ancient spells.

If you don't like it, DON'T GO INTO THE WILD AND TRAIN ON GREEN DRAGONS. Level your defense/magic while you're at it, too.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Its because he was ice bursting.

If you look at the runescape knowledge base, somewhere in the magic section it states "lower level spells are more accurate than higher level ones"

I think that ice burst is a lot more accurate than ice blitz and barrage, but you probably just had some bad luck. :boohoo: :-s :-k =;

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

First of all, ancients aren't overpowered because when your spending 1000gp per shot, you want results. I can't hit through Full Black D'hide or Mystic. You just had bad luck.

Second of all, rewrite your message so it doesn't require actually thinking about what you are trying to say.

You are sooo right, the top spell costs 2.5k per cast for gods sake! It's hard to hit through dhide. Rose, you win post of the thread.

I don't think so. That's bad logic.

So, by using your logic, it could be okay if there were a spell that hit 70 and cost 5k to cast every time? Even if it cost 50k per cast, it would be overpowered.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Please I splash so bad on guys in karils and black dhide using my 96 magic ice barrage.

And everybody turns on prayer.

So whatever to your "its unfair" noob whining. :boohoo:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Ancients isn't overpowered, Range is underpowered.
Screw them both, jagex made bloodvelds underpowered. :evil: #-o

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

well u may all be like no its not noob.i have it and i still think tis unfair. I notice how im slayin dragons (greens).this level 91 girl comes upto me and starts ice burstin me. she has a water staff anmd a paower amy. shes hitin me. checked on higghscores 70 mage i have :shock: 71 and reddhide and sara cape. i notice how it always hits moast of the time no matter what the user or u is wearing. now if we were to try to the same thing with modern it wouldnt work like that.i even tested it out with some freinds. it wasnt a hard quest either. the point is has ancints became to powerfull? :?:

no flamings plz and this is not a question, tryin to discuss if it is.

If i could read what you meant I might be able to say why ancients get what they pay for, but since I can't. I'll just say ancients get what they pay for :P

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Who are you kidding, I take tele runes everytime I go near Bloodvelds

course.. that might be so I can bank easier....

lol wow you darn noob! your stats stink like crap... :-w get them higher and you certinly wont be complaining, it costs so high per cast and plus all the time it takes to get your magic up.... im 96 magic and i've spent loads and loads of hours alching plus the money i spent on it too...noob you should stop complaining... as someone said earlier...if you cant beat em join em :D

ps: with 96 magic i can hardly hit on a person in full d hide... so i dont know what your smoking... :-#

First of all, ancients aren't overpowered because when your spending 1000gp per shot, you want results. I can't hit through Full Black D'hide or Mystic. You just had bad luck.

Second of all, rewrite your message so it doesn't require actually thinking about what you are trying to say.

You are sooo right, the top spell costs 2.5k per cast for gods sake! It's hard to hit through dhide. Rose, you win post of the thread.

that ice spell was 2x blood 2x death 4x chaos wich is near 3000

i don't know if this has been told already but

are you sure it wasn't blood burst? or you probably meant 4 waters.

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

Who are you kidding, I take tele runes everytime I go near Bloodvelds

course.. that might be so I can bank easier....

He was being sarcastic..... unless he actually believes that :lol:

I did a lot of experimental PK'ing for a while..

Most people my lvl (99 combat, 98 magic at the time - 100 combat, 99 magic now :D ) were guys with 1-70 defence, 85+ strength, and 70-85 attack. They'd all have the same setup: rune plate, rune legs, berserker helm, obby shield, black dhide, whip, and dds. I'd wear full Ahrims and just beat the **** out of them. I won like 1 out of every 50 fights - everybody would run or tele. I even stood right next to them when I ice barraged to encourage them to stay :P Anyways, shadow barrage + the set effect would make their attack and strength crazy-low. But that's how things should be - mages owning melee'ers.

As for the rangers...

I beat a guy with lvl-99 range because he didn't know how to deal with me. I'd just ice barrage from a distance which their bow on rapid couldn't reach. I'd always get my *** kicked by rangers when they figured out to set their bow to long-range because Ahrims has no defence against range. That's how things should be. Unfortunately there are hardly any rangers nowadays that PK.

So, in a nutshell, ancients are not unfair. I cannot tele block, ice barrage costs like 2.5k per shot, and I still cannot beat rangers. I destroy melee'ers and that's just how the combat triangle was designed.

77yLQy8.png