So, how old are you guys?

albrowne

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19, my birthday isn't too far off though.

The average age is roughly where I had expected it to be. A few on the younger side, a few on the older side, and the majority in their teen years.

I think it would be very interesting to have actual data on the average ages of runescape players. Not the stuff jagex tells us, but the real numbers. I wouldn't be surprised in the majority of what people believe to be the type who are 'ruining' the game, aren't people under 12, but really just a bunch of teens. Most youngster that I've encountered seemed to be more absorbed in their own affairs, barely realizing what else is going on around them. The teen years are usually where your changing, and you start comparing yourself to every one else and every one judging you and the rate that your body is changing. Wouldn't surprise me if that's where most of the hostility in runescape actually comes from. I mean, men in the gym lockers thinking "every one else looks more manly than me", so he goes on runescape and does stuff to make up for it. Girls whispering throughout their groups "that girl still doesn't have any breast?! She looks like a little boy!" which in runescape would be "that level 137 doesn't have bandos!?! what a noob!" There's also that whole "I'm indestructible" sort of mindset that goes on. Also that attitude about how every thing is so critical, important. Every thing is ruined just because of some terribly small change (points to RSOF recent updates).

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

14 in November :(

WTF!!! You [bleep]ing [developmentally delayed], 14's nothing to be sad about!

Haha, what an idiot I was back then...what an idiot... -_-

17 years old now...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No offence, but most kids under the age of 13 are ruining this game. Every where I go there is a immature little kid crying about something, someone trying to scam, they ruined the economy, they don't know how to type a single word, and they just are too needy. Now, some kids are pretty cool. I'm not saying every kid who plays this game is messing it up, but a good majority of them do.

I am 15 and i'll be 16 in a few months...

I would agree. I also get irritated by people under the age of 13 who proclaim their maturity but fit under the description of a typical annoying brat. Some kids under 13 are cool, but as you said majority are not so much. But eh, I would consider myself pretty mature now, but I if I recall correctly I was kind of immature in some regards.

I'm 16 & a jr., 17 in July. I consider it pretty bad that I'm still playing Runescape now that I see that the average is younger.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I would agree. I also get irritated by people under the age of 13 who proclaim their maturity but fit under the description of a typical annoying brat. Some kids under 13 are cool, but as you said majority are not so much. But eh, I would consider myself pretty mature now, but I if I recall correctly I was kind of immature in some regards.

I'm 16 & a jr., 17 in July. I consider it pretty bad that I'm still playing Runescape now that I see that the average is younger.

The christian kid you quoted in you Sig is probably a Jew

Rainbow_Dude.png