The pinnacle of bad arguments

Ubuntu

I am going to introduce you to perhaps the least intelligent forum ever created in the history of the Internet. The Flat Earth Society is a group of people who genuinley believe the Earth is flat and there exists a worldwide conspiracy to cover it up (for an unknown reason). A few of the members are simply playing the Devil's Advocate for intellectual stimulation, but there are members who claim to truly believe that the Earth is flat.

Please participate in the Flat Earth/Round Earth discussion if this has piqued your interest.

The Flat Earth Society Forum: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

The Theory Explained: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1324

Terminology:

FE = Flat Earth

FE'er = Flat Earther (one who believes in the FE theory)

RE = Round Earth

RE'er = Round Earther (one who believes the Earth is round)

Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.

Q: "Why do the all the world Governments say the Earth is round?"

A: It's a conspiracy.

Q: "Why has no-one taken a photo of the Earth that proves it is flat?"

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture."

Q: "Why doesn't water run off the Earth?"

A: There is a vast ice wall that keeps the water where it is. The ice wall is roughly 150ft high. This also explains why you can find a vast plane of ice when you travel south.

Antarctica as a continent does not exist.

I find it truly hard to believe people actually believe that.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.

A: The government prevents people from getting close enough to the Ice Wall to take a picture."

Q: "Why doesn't water run off the Earth?"

A: There is a vast ice wall that keeps the water where it is. The ice wall is roughly 150ft high. This also explains why you can find a vast plane of ice when you travel south.

Antarctica as a continent does not exist.

I find it truly hard to believe people actually believe that.

well, what can I say, some people are stupid..

Some of their arguments for penguins were just rediculous.

Are you spamming their boards with useless Questions?

Seriously leave those crazy people alone.

You have no idea what they might do when they learn the facts

812569705b20e3cf93654d3f5d8730e6.gif

Stunner is in the house! Make some noise please?

I am going to introduce you to perhaps the least intelligent forum ever created in the history of the Internet. The Flat Earth Society is a group of people who genuinley believe the Earth is flat and there exists a worldwide conspiracy to cover it up (for an unknown reason). A few of the members are simply playing the Devil's Advocate for intellectual stimulation, but there are members who claim to truly believe that the Earth is flat.

Please participate in the Flat Earth/Round Earth discussion if this has piqued your interest.

The Flat Earth Society Forum: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

The Theory Explained: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1324

Terminology:

FE = Flat Earth

FE'er = Flat Earther (one who believes in the FE theory)

RE = Round Earth

RE'er = Round Earther (one who believes the Earth is round)

Half of the threads in the general discussion section are by you :lol:

I browsed these forums for a little bit and a few times I just cracked up.

So far I havnt seen many good arguments for the FE case.

Like Nadril said: Ridiculous.

lope6jw0.jpg

There's billions of people that believe in an unexplainable creating force, that somehow messes with the universe and that also is the answer to many scientific problems. God is a phenomenom that might be the biggest hoax in the history of mankind, a last hope for what's going to happen after our punny lives end. I'm one of these people who believe in something unexplainable. But yet we don't make fun of those people. Many of them even believe that God is actually more than a force, those people believe that their Bible (or Koran, Thora...) is the only true source of knowledge. I'm not one of them, but I won't say those people are dumb.

I do agree those people are very naÃÆÃâÃâïve, but who knows? Hell, it could even be that we're all living inside a matrix-alike digital world.

Although I pretty much laugh away those asumptions, I try not to judge them.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Hey guys, did you know rediculous is actually spelled ridiculous?

I know, it boggles the mind. I'd been spelling it rediculous my whole life until a few months ago when I looked it up. Insanity I tell you.

Oh yeah...thread topic...whatever.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

What lies... Tsk tsk tsk... I feel sorry for them. -.-

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Penguins

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

Wow. :D It's fun to think... What if these people are telling the truth? What if this is all a conspiracy? O.O

:lol: Yeah, one of the people's sigs was:

Flat earthers. The universe's way of saying that their is always someone stupider then you

:lol:

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

I have already joined these forums a few months ago. I must say, I thought they were all people who had no idea what they were talking about. But after months of reading I realized just how smart some of these people are. Not ALL of them, but some of them are extremely smart. If you think you can prove them wrong, go ahead and register, and start posting away. Chances are they have heard the question and given it a logical answer many times. Im not saying I believe in a flat earth but I will say dont doubt these people.

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

Someone posted this site a while back but the topic got locked because people started flaming the users of that forum... Anyway, I joined, I argued, I got bored, and I quit... It was a pretty interesting arguement though... I just hated some of their answers...

What do they have to say about:

- The people who have seen the earth from space

- The pictures of the earth from space

- The people who have crossed the poles

- The people who have sailed around the world

- The people who have flown around the world

- The day & night cycle

- The satellites which orbit the earth and take pictures

Pre-spaceflight there's the thinnest chance that this might have held some water... but now?

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Much as I respect the Flat Earth's beliefs, I have to say that personally it's a load of rubbish.

Well that's my opinion. I don't see any way the earth could be flat. And the sun/moon rising/setting thing doesn't seem likely either.

:lol: I joined the forums just for fun :D The fact that they have un-answered question sections amuses me. Reallly if the world is flat why hasn't someone come forward with pictures or something.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

What do they have to say about:

(list of proofs)

The government wants us to believe Earth is a sphere. Period.

What'd happen to the penguins if the Earth were like that?

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

Maybe these people are nerds with too much time on their hands who love an argument for the sake of one? And what better way to have a never ending argument than pick a side that's so ridiculous (yes, spelled with an 'i' :P ) that everyone will be like 'oh, no, I totally have to make you understand the error of your ways!!!'

:thumbsup:

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Q: "What about NASA? Don't they have photos to prove that the Earth is round?"

A: NASA are part of the conspiracy too. The photos are faked.

Q: "How did NASA create these images with the computer technology available at the time?"

A: Since NASA did not send rockets into space, they instead spent the money on developing advanced computers and imaging software instead

Q: "What is the motive behind this conspiracy?"

A: The motive is unknown.

Q: "How are the world governments organised enough to carry out this conspiracy?"

A: They only appear to be disorganised to make the conspiracy seem implausible.

owned lol

edit: wtf is the ice wall? and if the world was flat and there was no gravity, every time it turned over we'd all fall off lol!!

OMG NEW CONSPIRACY AS TO HOW THE DINOSAURS BECAME EXSTINCT!! LOOL!