Ancient Magicks problems

la la la

Today I finally got my 70 mage to cast ice burst and celebrated it by a trip to the barrows with only 1 p pot. I started with ahrim and my whip, then went to karil, using prayer on both of them. After that, I move on to torag and hit him hard the first turn. I proceeded to take 3 steps back and keep casting ice burst. For some reason, less than a second after my first attack, he just kep coming. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get any of the brothers to stand still. Is there something to do about this, is it a glitch, or is it just me?

lalalasig2.png

You can fail the spell, just like splashing when trying to TB or Entangle. With a higher magic level you'll be able to succeed at it more often
Higher magic level doesn't increase accuracy... it's the gear you have on that does. It's the same thing for ranged.

Talk before you know fact, higher magic DOES increase the chance of more successful casts.

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

You can fail the spell, just like splashing when trying to TB or Entangle. With a higher magic level you'll be able to succeed at it more often
Higher magic level doesn't increase accuracy... it's the gear you have on that does. It's the same thing for ranged.

I don't know about magic, as I'm no mage, but I'm a level 98 ranger, who never used cannon (so all my xp comes from actual shooting, so I know how it works), and who is getting 99 this week, and I can tell you your wrong, Moopy. I say that with all due respect, you're a good poster Moopy, but that's completely off track :P Just look at a level 70 ranger in full black d hide, robin, ranger boots, glory and a level 99 ranger, same gear, potted, and admire the immense 0 collection that the first ranger will have against full melee barrow, while the 99 potted will hit pretty good ;)

If you don't believe me, I'll be more than happy to demonstrate you in game, my RSN is True_Cabbage

ranger4life995ut.gif

I don't know about magic, as I'm no mage, but I'm a level 98 ranger, who never used cannon (so all my xp comes from actual shooting, so I know how it works), and who is getting 99 this week, and I can tell you your wrong, Moopy. I say that with all due respect, you're a good poster Moopy, but that's completely off track :P Just look at a level 70 ranger in full black d hide, robin, ranger boots, glory and a level 99 ranger, same gear, potted, and admire the immense 0 collection that the first ranger will have against full melee barrow, while the 99 potted will hit pretty good ;)

If you don't believe me, I'll be more than happy to demonstrate you in game, my RSN is True_Cabbage

How is he off track your the one talking about ranged when the disscusion is on ancient magicks.

shortman4229.png

How is he off track your the one talking about ranged when the disscusion is on ancient magicks.

Check out the bolded part. And I agree with tetrak, but in regards to magic. In my experience, higher magic does make you hit more often, not just the magic attack bonus you're wearing.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

Talk before you know fact, higher magic DOES increase the chance of more successful casts.

i'm not disagreeing with you, but let's not get that whole thing started again.

so like the first poster said, you half failed it looks like. bring more prayer potions next time =)

tipitlessersigea3.png

you sure you were casting ice burst?

if you were in full mystic/ahrims you should be able to hit over 90% of the time

and on my experience, only about 1 in 30 misses. and you should be able to hit 2 more times before you go hide again

and for the person saying mage lvl doesnt affect the accuracy, i was lvl 99 mage 87 def 89 hp and i staked this person 94 mage 90 defense 92 hp

i won 80% of the time. higher mage = higher mage accuracy.

also me and my friends were up at metal dragons, i was at lvl 97 mage at the time and he was 75. both of us in full ahrims, same mage bonus and 5k fire bolts

i killed 150+ and he killed about 100

I think what he means is right after the person or thing is unfrozen and you cast a spell it'll hit but they will be immune from the freezing til another hit or 2. Thats why you hide after a few casts for 10 secs and cast again.

siggd7.jpg

I think what he means is right after the person or thing is unfrozen and you cast a spell it'll hit but they will be immune from the freezing til another hit or 2. Thats why you hide after a few casts for 10 secs and cast again.

he's probably got it. all tangle spells have an immune period right after the freeze wears off. im guessing this is what happened

Yeah, there's about three or four seconds of freeze immunity that the brother gets after he is done being frozen, that's why example vids show the mage guy taking a break across the coffin.

As far as I know, your spells do become more accurate as you level mage. That would explain why a lv 1 mage mostly splashes on white knights while a lv 50+ mage almost doesn't. (yup, tested, not purposely though)

the%20zephyrus.gif

The%20Zephyrus.gif

Click (above) for my blog!!

runemcw,the%20zephyrus.gif

On tutorial island you have to cast the air strike like 10 times before you succeed, but I don't think anyone on tip.it would have trouble hitting with it if you gave them the runes now... Higher magic must increase accuracy.

fishing.gif

its his low magic level and the temporary immunities to freezings that the npc gets thats making his spell casting seem less effective. i'm only 75 magic and i can ice burst and smoke rush the heck out of the melee brothers. it just takes experience and good timing to get ancients down at the barrows.

proud quest cape owner

here's my first post on the TIF (scroll to the bottom)

feel free to pm me, but do make sure that i know you're a Tip.It user (in other words, give me a HYT)

signatureTIF.jpg

I think that it's the first hit that freezes the target and all other shots just build damage on him while the targets frozen. After 10 seconds since the target was hit with the first spell (ice burst) the target can move again and is immune to freezing for a few seconds, so you should hide around the tomb and wait, then attack again.

lol yeah , if u dont know alot about mage then dont post here :roll:

its all about the mage lvl

Today I finally got my 70 mage to cast ice burst and celebrated it by a trip to the barrows with only 1 p pot. I started with ahrim and my whip, then went to karil, using prayer on both of them. After that, I move on to torag and hit him hard the first turn. I proceeded to take 3 steps back and keep casting ice burst. For some reason, less than a second after my first attack, he just kep coming. I tried and tried, but I couldn't get any of the brothers to stand still. Is there something to do about this, is it a glitch, or is it just me?

I had this same problem, I was trying out ancients/icing them for the first time. Even though I was doing damage to them but they were still moving towards me. Thats when I thought that ancients sucked in barrows and now I still keep fire blasting them. :P

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.