Punished Unfairly!

Hoopster211

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

report the mod!

I should have done that after a mod repeatedly moved my thread into the wrong forum after i asked him not to...

the when i said something like:

"to the mod: Stop moving my thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jagex dosent listen to HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE problems that the forum has!!

THINGS LIKE THE FORUM ORGANIZATION THING WHEN YOU SEARCH!!!

I HAVE SEEN TONS OF AWESOME POSTS THAT HAVE GOTTEN 10,000 + SUPPORTERS THAT WERE GREAT WAYS TO FIX PROBLEMS, AND ALMOST N-O-N-E OF THEM GOT LISTENED TO!!!"

Then i got perm banned from the forums for posting things that were "offensive to jagex"

when i sent in a query i got a response like:

"due to the severity of your actions, your ban has not been lifted"

wtf???

how was saying jagex dosent listen to sugestions severe???????

It's just jagex being a bunch of babies again...

Thats what i hate about this game...

Jagex player mods are stupid when it comes to things like this, u can buy or sell things at any price youd like. although u should state that when u r selling or buying the item for a very high or low price the average price of the item this way jagex cant accuse u of misleading players to play a scam on them.

Chris_2_8.png

Ummm...yes I agree that it was stupid they warned you...but still, it does kind of seem like a scam. Some idiot might fall for that...then making it a scam.

Just think of it this way, you got your warning. Most people wont need that, but atleast you wern't banned right away.

This doesn't seem like scamming to me... :-k I don't think you should get a black mark for this, no one in their right mind would sell their rare for the alch value. Anyways, if they did, it would be their desicion, so it would be like saying anyone who buys a rare for less than its worth is scamming... Doesn't make sence to me :-k .

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

omg you dont see it yet? it can be item scamming like blue phats are being 600mil right? well if you give the people 1 gp you could pretend to high alch it and just keep the hat that you bought for 1gp and sell it for 600mil get it?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

omg you dont see it yet? it can be item scamming like blue phats are being 600mil right? well if you give the people 1 gp you could pretend to high alch it and just keep the hat that you bought for 1gp and sell it for 600mil get it?
Wow, way to miss the point. He said he was paying the alching price for the rare. Therefore he would trade them 1gp in exchange for a rare. This is the second time people have missed the most obvious things in threads in like 10 minutes.

I agree, that mod was out to lunch on that call. I don't understand how they pick some of these guys. They must go to fally or maybe even lumby a couple times a day and pick someone that says, "Hi." without any questions or anything. It sure is aggrevating to see all these posts about the way Jagex has made a mistake, aggrevating to us, the players not to people partial to the whole thing.

Although, I have seen some very intelligent choices by Mods player mod and forum mods. I even would dare to say the calls are 50/50. ::'

Slack_Tide.png

Wow, way to miss the point. He said he was paying the alching price for the rare. Therefore he would trade them 1gp in exchange for a rare. This is the second time people have missed the most obvious things in threads in like 10 minutes.

I agree, that mod was out to lunch on that call. I don't understand how they pick some of these guys. They must go to fally or maybe even lumby a couple times a day and pick someone that says, "Hi." without any questions or anything. It sure is aggrevating to see all these posts about the way Jagex has made a mistake, aggrevating to us, the players not to people partial to the whole thing.

Although, I have seen some very intelligent choices by Mods player mod and forum mods. I even would dare to say the calls are 50/50. ::'

you also missed my point

my point is that if someone was stupid enough to trade him he could just alch some ashes or something and keep the phat to sell for high prices he would get major profit unfairly

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

you also missed my point

my point is that if someone was stupid enough to trade him he could just alch some ashes or something and keep the phat to sell for high prices he would get major profit unfairly

That is in no way unfair. How you could think so is beyond me. If people are looking in the forums they will easily see (unless the happen to be illiterate... Even then what would they be doing playing runescape or looking in forums.) that rares are expensive. It's like buying a green parthat for 150m from someone when they are currently about 177m. There is almost no difference between those two trades, except people are complaining about the 1gp instead of the 150m trade.

If you take offence to someone making a simple offer, then you need a reality check please. He's not scamming them, forcing them, or lying to them in order to get someone to sell to him so how is it unfair? And if someone was stupid enought o trade to him then big deal. They obviously don't know anything about the game and if they do ahve that partyhat it must have come from ebay... or they picked one up in '01, cracked the cracker and logged off for almost 5 years and bought membership, logged into the forums before logging into the game, and decided to unload something they have for less than you can find in the corner of the West Varrock bank basement.

^^ That's the only plausable explanation if someone sold a rare to him that makes sense to me... other than people wanting to play along and be a good sport.

Slack_Tide.png

First, you did not scam. You posted a humorous thread that you obviously knew no one would take seriously.

The forum mod locked your thread and reported you. Therefore, appeal the ban (or the black mark). I'm sure they'll take it away.

Though most forum mods do their jobs, there are some with seemingly odd interpretations of the rules (and copyright laws).

You were very SPECIFIC you were giving 1 gp for 1 rare item. You were giving the prices that JAGEX THEMSELVES set-up as the worth of the item. Now, if Jagex is FINALLY acknowledging that rares have in game value, then Jagex should bump up the alc'ing price to a fair value instead of banning honest players doing a service.

People sell items at their alchemy value all the time.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

He is not scamming anyone. If someone is quite happy with receiving next to nothing for a rare then its their decision.

If you do accept he is scamming then Merchnting is the biggest scam out. After all is not the motto of a merchanter to buy low and sell hgh. Buying a rare at alch price and selling for real price must be a merchants dream. :lol:

you also missed my point

lol, A.K.A merchanting. :roll:

He never said that he was going to alch it, he said he would give you the alching price so that you can save the time and supplies of alching it.

I don't think it's scamming, if someone falls for this, they deserve it.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Happened to me but it was called Salim123`s Bone Burying Service

I Bury Your Bones 4 Free :P

2 ppl actually did it :P

1 was my friend otehr was level 125 who was trying to be a good sport and funny

sometime jagex is stupid

Haha.. i think im actually gonna try that soon

If I came upon that on the forums, I'd consider it item scamming..

it isnt , its ur choice if u dont sell it for 1 gp , no1 is forcing you

i think this is a unreasonable warning , shows that jagex needs to pick

smarter mods, probably hard 2 , nowadays :roll:

There arent any smart mods left in this game. I was on world 68 (i know f2p but ive gotta train my noob somehow) and in varrock at the oak by the fur stall there were about 9 macros cutting oaks there so i started reporting them. Then a mod came up and started cutting the same oak and im like, "hey you do know these guys are macros right?" and he said "whats a macro?" i mean can mods get any stupider then that. If a mod doesnt know what a macro is they need to lose there mod title and there account. plus macros are so out of hand in f2p that you cant train you skills hardly anymore without finding one. i went through 30 different worlds before i found one that didnt have an auto miner on it. plus if you wanna report macros faster you can log out and back in and report again even if it hasnt been 60 seconds

Retired from RS since Sept 06

WHAT?!?!?!? You were treated unfairly! You were OBVIOUSLY joking! obviously! I mean you even say that you "save them the long amount of time it takes to high alch"! That line alone is proof that you're OBVIOUSLY joking!

Haha anybody remember the coupla days where jagex's mod screwed up on the copy paster and only blank messages were sent out ;). or that message sent about the skirt changer in varrock and the response was hilarious, something about looking it up on the high scores instead of messaging them haha.

Well, it appears people are dumber than I thought. And I used to think people were pretty dumb. -.- Well, consider yourself lucky. At least you didn't get an in-game black mark for offering to buy a coal for 10 gp underpriced.

its spam, not scamming. it still deserved to be locked, but they overreacted with a strike... and btw, rares alch for more like 70 gp, not just 1 gp.

I thought it was 6gp. I guess we could always just ask nathaninch ;) (he high alches his phat because he knows that bunny ears are hotter than a stupid phat :P)