A mathematical approach to the crystal bows (UPDATED v1.2)

game_proffy

very nice.

Although the crystal bow can be seen as powertraining so therefore you should haveused the price of powertraining with rune arrows for a more accurate cost comparison.

That makes rune arrows seem even worse. I already think they have got enough beating :oops:

Lol you can always beat them up more.

Steel Arrows ftw \'

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm... dude... Sorry to break your bubble... what I don't get is why every1 thinks that math is that hard... I mean come on... any1 can figure that out... And for the first part, why tf did you make a program? I can make it figure that out in about 10 chars of script on my casio(I need to get a TI...)...

This is neither amazing, nor worth being in the archive of wisdom... So can a move plz move this to General P2P?

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

Nice, i always knew crystal bow was better. Reckon you could put speed in the picture. Like test msb with rune arrows against cbow, see how much damage is done in 1 minute on ogres, do it like 5 times for each bow and find the average.

If u have all the best range gear do it in that, if not just do it with the bow, you can still get a good comparison.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints

Umm... dude... Sorry to break your bubble... what I don't get is why every1 thinks that math is that hard... I mean come on... any1 can figure that out... And for the first part, why tf did you make a program? I can make it figure that out in about 10 chars of script on my casio(I need to get a TI...)...

This is neither amazing, nor worth being in the archive of wisdom... So can a move plz move this to General P2P?

For some people math is hard, for others it is not. Just because you and I can understand all the calculations and why they matter doesn't mean everyone can. And I don't see why this should be moved to General P2P, it's still a guide no matter if it is easy or hard to make. I really don't like people who flame like that...

On topic: It's very useful to have such calculations already done, so I don't have to do them in the future, so thanks :D You thoroughly proved that rune arrows aren't nearly as useful as the crystal bow :)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

My CASIO program:

?->U // This is where I enter my starting arrow amount.

M=0 // This variable will later show the total amount of shots with arrows in U.

While U<50 // A "While" loop, which stops as soon as arrows go below 50.

M=M+U // Adding amount of arrows in current U to the total sum, M.

U=U*0,8 // 20% of arrows dissapear

WhileEnd // End of loop

M // Displays the result on screen.

So, where are those 10 script chars on CASIO?

Also, this critisism is NOT constructive, and as I see I can freely ignore it. Also, for YOU and ME the maths may be easy to calculate and unerstand. But this game is not only played by people who can just look at some numbers and figure ut what they stand for at once. Some need those numbers EXPLAINED, and that's what I did.

Abut Archive of Wisdom... Why General p2p? Explain yourself!

Game_Proffy.png

Sorry if I have misinterpreted the information that you have obviously taken a long time to complete. But does the Crystal Crossbow really become profitable, well, cheaper than rune arrows, after the 5th or 4th recharge. Should we not take into account the cost it takes to get to the final recharge?

That would be right, if in fact it were right, but on account of he did factor them in it is actually quite wrong.

"Who said that math would be useless outside of school?"

A bioligist, lol lol lol.

Grats on the first guide. Using a / for division, by god man I think your onto something. Truely a deed worthy of a 3rd class congratulory speach. Too bad I am not a 3rd class speaker.

I think the only problem here is you didn't factor in the insanity level of running around an agility course to get to 50 agility. How that affects the result you may inquire? Well I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Nice for a first guide. I'm not much for the numbers myself, but I think I'll show this to my fiance, he loves his numbers (Maybe this'll finally get him to join heheh...and yes he plays RS).

Also, your English is fairly decent as well, but for a few spelling errors/typos. But we all do that, even those of us from English-speaking countries. Other than that though, good job! :thumbsup:

Well pretty good, but you didnt factor in the fact you can pick up rune arrows too. So technicly i dont think cbow would be cheaper.

I don't know, maybe you didn't ready my guide properly...

I DO factor the picking up. THAT'S WHAT i made the CASIO program.

Let me explain it's basics.

Say you have 1000 arrows. You shoot them all out, picking up. 20% of arrows break, so you have 800 left. You equip them again. Now you have 800 extra shots.

You have 800 arrows. You shoot them all out...

You catch my drift.

Game_Proffy.png

I meant the any combat bonus is not linear in benefit. I tried this out on steel dragons. I altered my mage bonus from 0, +30 and +90 attacking steels for over 1k shots each bonus level.

The benefits did not linearly improve, it was more a curve. Would take serious research to determine how bonuses impact the combat chances.

The range bonus of the Crystal bow decays linearly though (4 per level), so that's cool.

of course its a curve, unless the opponent's defense >> your range or mage lvl, which means you would close to never hit the opponent anyways. the chance of hitting is:

(range + (range * rangeBonus)) / (range + (range * rangeBonus) + opponentDef)

if you're 80 range with 50 bonus and ur opponent is like 80 def you chance is 3/5

if you're 80 range with 100 bonus and ur opponent is like 80 def you chance is 2/3

if you're 80 range with 150 bonus and ur opponent is like 80 def you chance is 5/7

so make the denomenator the same. its 63/105, 70/105, 75/105. not linear. its closer to the f(x) = 1/x function

• 2 weeks later...