Remember When...

daver

I remember when scythes were dropped. I was mining coal east of draynor when this thing appeared a few squares away. I was afraid to pick it up because I thought it was going to hurt me... :lol: :lol: Glad I did pick it up though.

I remember when there used to be certs.

I remember the black and white checkered floor of Ardougne's north bank.

Don't forget Seer's bank had a checkered floor too.

And the Mage Arena had random god spell animations all around the entrance (did no damage but they were wierd lookin').

Thinking of the old Seers reminds me of old yew trees. I believe the trees were shorter than you.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see my list:

1. When yo yo's were given out.

2. When I thought lvl 15 was amazing.

3. When I was brought to Varrock and had no clue where I was.

The usual, but I really want to see old RS@ pics, that would be great memories for me.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I remember when I missed the party hat drops, didn't stay logged in long enough to get a santa hat, and missed the other tradeable holiday drops. I also remember buying my first santa for 50k a week or so after christmas.

I remember when you'd have to ask for people's combat levels, back when I started, I thought combat was the same as attack so i'd tell them my attack level :oops: . When they added the displayable combat levels to people, I logged in and thought they turned the world into wilderness. I was so scared.

tlpsplat2wv6.png

I remember when the censor used to bleep swear words out with "Cabbage"

I remember when there was no members

I remember when Bluerose13x was the most famours runescape player and Sandtrain

I remember when no one had any 99 skills

I remember when level 10s could wear full rune :)

i remember when i dropped my santa hat at a drop party ( i hosted) where mind alter was.... santas were 25,000 gp each at the time, someone please shoot me.....

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

... I used to make someone stand next to the varrok sewers. And I would climb up and down just to see their combat level :D I still have no idea why that works :D

leonmaster.png

Always buying Rune Ores (11kea) and Rune Bars (12.5kea)

Always Selling Rune Hatchets 13k ea

Always Selling Rune Scimmies 26k ea

i remember seeing my lvl 13 friend fight with his new rubber chicken

i remember when desert treasure just came out

when first seeing how many people there were in world 1 varrock

when the welcome menu was completely different

when rune symbols weren't changed

when santas were 2m

when phats were 20m-50m

those were the days :-w

Kuja_Cocoa.png

I remember when there was no members and attack anywhere options

I remember light and dark magic

I remember purple rune

I remember when drop parties were hosted in a big empty building in Seers instead of the party hall.

I remember when crackers were dropped and selling my p hats to the g store

I remember when being lvl 70 was considered high lvl and respectable.

I remember when getting in the mining guild was a big accomplishment

I remember barely getting 1 update a month

I remember when Jagex had a more laid back attitude and liked to interact joke around with the players alot more and didnt care about trying to suit every single whining persons needs

I remember when...

-There was less than 75,000 players playing at the same time.

-Barrows came out and I thought it had something to do with a duel arena.

-Rubber chickens came out.

-My friend giveing me a black warhammer as my second weapon.

-When there were only 70 worlds and the screen was so much easier to pick from.

-A Party Hat aws around 20mil max

-Santas were around 5mil

Just an average player with a horrible name...

I remember less scammers and autoers.

I remember finding 100K and having a heart attack - I was level 14.

I remember dying to the Zamorak monks, quitting, then starting here.

I remember thinking I was insanely rich for having 250K.

I remember coming from Tutorial Island, and everybody was red - I freaked out.

I remember asking to buy a "chicken thing plz".

I even remember using horrible grammar. That was lame.

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

I remember when you used to be able to attack anyone anywhere, there was no such thing as the wilderness.

I remember when Bluerose13x was the most famous skiller around, she made the first rune longs/scimmy's that sold for 1mil a piece.

I remember when you use to start out with 9 hp.

I remember when quests would take soo long to complete as npc's could only talk to one person at once.

I remember when there was no such thing as Jagex.

I remember old pking in the wild, the 3-hit-system, everyone had respect for eachother, everyone fought till death, if u ran u got caught and killed.

Awww, good times, good times. :3>

Rkolegendkil.png

I remember killing chickens all day on my first day of playing, selling the bones to this one guy over and over again for like 5ea. I thought I was getting so rich...

I also remember having a heart attack when this one guy offered me 3k for my feathers. I got full steel with that, and I thought I had such good equipment lol...

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I remember when you used to be able to attack anyone anywhere, there was no such thing as the wilderness.

I remember when Bluerose13x was the most famous skiller around, she made the first rune longs/scimmy's that sold for 1mil a piece.

I remember when quests would take soo long to complete as npc's could only talk to one person at once.

I remember old pking in the wild, the 3-hit-system, everyone had respect for eachother, everyone fought till death, if u ran u got caught and killed.

You dont remember any of that, reason why = you are lieing. Rune scim was NEVER 1 million or even close, Players never started 9 hp, you started 10 hp then hp xp was adjusted for rs2 so that 10 hp chars from rsc became 9 hp in rs2.

Jagex always existed, my 2001 client has jagex on it, Every one remembers 3 hit pking.

You dont remember any of that, reason why = you are lieing. Rune scim was NEVER 1 million or even close, Players never started 9 hp, you started 10 hp then hp xp was adjusted for rs2 so that 10 hp chars from rsc became 9 hp in rs2.

Jagex always existed, my 2001 client has jagex on it, Every one remembers 3 hit pking.

Lol, pretty owned i'd say.

I remember the day when scythes came out, got one with my old main but not with the account i have now... Sometimes i take my old account, my scythe and just show-off. :D

Then i remember the time when i was a addy pure back in rsc.

All f2p pures trained in dark wizards... It was train-and-pk...

I got numberous addy 2h kills in there, i was SO happy...

And when i got my first and last r2h pk in there, i dont want to say what happened, lol.

I remember when i came back after about year when rs2 was given to us... ( I Was rs2 hater by the time), and i sold my santa for 250kish from my tank mage char...

Margus.png

i remember when shantay passes where buyeable in f2p (just before the rsc-rs2) and they where selling for 500k ea

and i remember buying my first r2h for 200k i was so happy :>

and btw nobody used scimmys back in rsc >_> as all weps where as quick as each other

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

I remember when I got hooked on RS via Miniclip (Oct. 2004)

I remember leveling my stats on rats (the ones that don't show up on radar)

I remember getting owned by those mages by the willow trees at Draynor.

I remember Jagex increasing f2p bank space to 6 lines (I think).

I remember making a fortune off herblore, taking a santa hat in trade for 250k worth of herbs.

I remember when I followed a green dot around on the radar asking the guy why it was green.

I remember when I could make 400k an hour profit using the cannon and net 70k range xp to boot. Now it's only 300k profit.

I remember when Rune Stores stocked 5k of all runes, and the chaos of a server reset at the Mage guild (can't prove it, but I had an active rant on official with 500+ posts against this, and was active when the change occured)

I remember when Range owned the wild (They had cheap level 70 armor with only 40 def to wear, 4 long distance rapid hit specials).

I remember when the metal dragons killed people in Camalot and Edgeville.

I remember when Crystal Bows were considered pointless.

In all honesty, I regret not putting my excess cash in rares like santas and red masks. They're easy to resell when you need the cash.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit