Few things about new armor [edit]

Ts_Stormrage

speaking of which:

The old Initiate Armor has the same stats as mith armor except prayer, I think the new armor has the same as Addy armor (need confirmation). Maybe the next one has better prayer and same as rune armor?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of which:

The old Initiate Armor has the same stats as mith armor except prayer, I think the new armor has the same as Addy armor (need confirmation). Maybe the next one has better prayer and same as rune armor?

theirs like 2 or 3 remaining levels left, acolyre and pari...something i dont think the next will be rune, i think the last set will be close to rune armor defense then anything, i mean if theirs 3 classes left they cant possible make it equal to dragon armor can they?

Possibly...

But wandering around the castle in Falador suggests that theres 2 more levels, not just 1...

we now have Initiate and Proselyte

Future updates will almost definitly reward us with Acolyte (green) and Partisan (blue/gray).

Who knows what bonusses Acolyte gives, but if its inline with this update, it'd be the same as rune, giving another +3 extra prayer bonus over Proselyte.

As in comparisson to Verac:

With "prayable" monsters I meant monsters that you definitly use prayer to fight. KQ requires pray, sure, but that doesnt protect you from all its attacks.

But now it is much more profitable for people with lower prayer levels to go to metal dragons, for example.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Verac's has always had lower prayer bonuses than monk robes and Initiate, about -1 prayer bonus than them. Verac's has been a good prayer armour because of it's obvious defense bonuses.

I know, but what I am saying is the difference is greater now. It used be close enough where you could sacrifice a little prayer bonus for a lot of defense bonus which is why people generally liked Verac's. But now you have to choose whether you want a lot higher prayer bonus or a lot higher defense bonuses. It's more balanced imo.

Nazgul.jpeg

it looks exactly like initiate...

has a slightly darker organge tint then initiate, but only when viewed from certain angles :\

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

It's not only higher than Verac's prayer bonus but it's higher than literally every other piece of head, chest, and leg armor\robes in RuneScape.

Not revolutionizing? Anywhere anyone in RuneScape uses prayer robes or initiate will now more than likely be using this armor if they have completed the quest. Initiate has been rendered useless and Verac's has lost a slight edge over the other prayer armors. Yes, it has great defense bonuses, but the only places anyone really uses Verac's defense bonuses is at Kalphite Queen, Duel Arena, and Fight Pits.

I fight Steel Dragons all the time and I personally find this an excellent addition to npc fighting.

Verac's has always had lower prayer bonuses than monk robes and Initiate, about -1 prayer bonus than them. Verac's has been a good prayer armour because of it's obvious defense bonuses.

I barow with Veracs thats another use. Plus anyone who buys veracs for the prayer bonus isn't very smart. Due to the cost and it still wasn't the best.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

At 54 prayer I might just be able to profit from my Aberrant specter assignments without geetting insane luck with my ranarr :) .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It's not only higher than Verac's prayer bonus but it's higher than literally every other piece of head, chest, and leg armor\robes in RuneScape.

Not revolutionizing? Anywhere anyone in RuneScape uses prayer robes or initiate will now more than likely be using this armor if they have completed the quest. Initiate has been rendered useless and Verac's has lost a slight edge over the other prayer armors. Yes, it has great defense bonuses, but the only places anyone really uses Verac's defense bonuses is at Kalphite Queen, Duel Arena, and Fight Pits.

I fight Steel Dragons all the time and I personally find this an excellent addition to npc fighting.

I barow with Veracs thats another use. Plus anyone who buys veracs for the prayer bonus isn't very smart. Due to the cost and it still wasn't the best.

well the prayer bonus is a nice benefit thats for sure.

how much r the new armors? and do u have to be proselyte to buy from shop? nyway, took em long enuf to make a sea slug sequal lol.

I bought the full set (harness) for 25k. It's 5k cheaper than buying each part by itself. They're tradeable between players but you must be a proselyte to wear them.

icecube7.jpeg

They increased prayer drain rates not too long ago so your not really getting anything new..

COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!!!!

A jagex mod confirmed that was untrue.

Also, I did a study (a small one) comparing drain rates to a record of drain rates that I had a long time ago, and they were EXACTLY the same.

That was a rumor that was spread on the runescape forums. It is completely false. Prayer is the same as it has always been.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

As people before me have said, it would be useful while melee'ing drags or any other prayable monsters.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

They increased prayer drain rates not too long ago so your not really getting anything new..

COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!!!!

Also, I did a study (a small one) comparing drain rates to a record of drain rates that I had a long time ago, and they were EXACTLY the same.

That was a rumor that was spread on the runescape forums. It is completely false. Prayer is the same as it has always been.

Jagex posted the prayer rate increase on the main page, and your insane if you cant tell the difference, my prayer drains a LOT faster now.

It wasn't a rumour. Really. One day prayer drained so fast, the next day it drained faster. Some people miss a lot if jagex don't spell it out for you on main page.

It makes sense them dropping them a bit if there's going to be more prayer stuff.

Edit checking old videos looks like I'm wrong oh well. I will stick to saying at least the day after they changed the prayer menu it was faster

and how many black nights do i have to kill to wield this blasted armour?!?!?! :lol:

None, really.

Which hurts my brain because I killed enough to become a master back when Wanted! came out. And all the black knight killing was useless. And I was low leveled back then, about seventy combat ish.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!!!!!

Jagex posted the prayer rate increase on the main page, and your insane if you cant tell the difference, my prayer drains a LOT faster now.

can you give me the link to that?

I must have missed that. And i read every update.