Earth really is pathetically small...

____

Indeed, I don't believe most people understand how massive the Universe even is.

Like, according to the Big Bang theory, which could be false, of course, the Universe has been moving for 14.5 billion years at the speed of light...Do the math on that distance. :P

Yeah according to this Antares is like 1/trillionth of a pixel.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I don't believe most people understand how massive the Universe even is.

Like, according to the Big Bang theory, which could be false, of course, the Universe has been moving for 14.5 billion years at the speed of light...Do the math on that distance. :P

Yeah according to this Antares is like 1/trillionth of a pixel.

How is the universe moving and where is it moving? In a liquid substance? Emptiness? Is it floating? It just crossed my mind that the concept of "endless" is impossible to grasp. There always must be something out of "nothingness".

That's insane. I knew that there were planets out there that are bigger than Earth and Jupiter, but not THAT big. :shock:

Does anyone have a link to the 3100x3100px pictures as mentioned in the ytmnd? ::'

Here you go

http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/2005 ... ll_jpg.jpg

There are many more images of that kind on Hubble's site :)

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

That's insane. I knew that there were planets out there that are bigger than Earth and Jupiter, but not THAT big. :shock:

Does anyone have a link to the 3100x3100px pictures as mentioned in the ytmnd? ::'

Here you go

Awesome. :shock:

I just could not find that darned hubble site anywhere. :oops:

knkcopy.jpg

Here you go

My bad. Forgot to add link (I kinda hoped you'd figure out by the image url :-w )

http://hubblesite.org/

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Here you go

My bad. Forgot to add link (I kinda hoped you'd figure out by the image url :-w )

http://hubblesite.org/

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/

You over-estimated on my skills. ;) Thanks, Zargo.

knkcopy.jpg

Guest GhostRanger
If the universe if always expanding, what is it expanding into?

Aren't there multiple Universe theories? I'm not sure but it seems like something I've heard of...

Not just size, but the numbers are amazing too. If your in chemistry you learn about a unit called the mole. Yes, the mole. The mole represents 6.022*10^23, or 60220000000000000000000. Pretty big number. Well thats how many atoms are in 1 gram of a pure substance. If 6 billion people counted one atom a second that would take 1 million years to complete. We now belive that there are 10^500 universes due to some recent discoverys on a huge scale. Lets take that one gram, and multiply it times 10^500 universes. Wow. Try and calculate the actual not scientific notation number of atoms are in one universe, let alone 1-^500. Talk about busy on a friday night.

If at first you dont suceed, then you fail.

Venus looks like a potato. :-k
Now we just have to find the one that looks like a cabbage :)
Rofl! Nice one wakka :D

Just if we can find that with out very small microscopes/satalittesThink how much more there is with a satalitte twice the view (or whatever). Dang just if we're that small.. How big is the Universe? :?:

1.jpg

Can't say I really thought about that much, but damn

can you find me in the picture?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

There are likely thousands of galaxies in that image, each containing thousands, if not millions of planets...

And yet some people say extra-terrestrial life doesn't/can't exist.

And yet some people think that all of this was created for us.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I think personally that it's safe to say that since the material is so vast, that the chances that there are not life elsewhere is very small, not the other way around.

That's the way I see it anyways. I believe that anything that isn't bipedal will never be "intelligent" in the same sense we are, however. Think of it...Could you imagine use trying to do stuff if we were all...I dunno'...Lions? Lions with Human brains...We wouldn't even open a friggin' door...Everything would be so different we wouldn't even be able to advance this far. Our dexterity has played a huge part in our evolution into what we are today.

But that's just what I think.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

What if you were a lion with telekinesis?

My head would hurt from things slamming into it, I guess. :shock:

Lions don't play catcher in baseball for a reason!

...They play first base. Ain't noone gettin' past them.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I think personally that it's safe to say that since the material is so vast, that the chances that there are not life elsewhere is very small, not the other way around.

That's the way I see it anyways. I believe that anything that isn't bipedal will never be "intelligent" in the same sense we are, however. Think of it...Could you imagine use trying to do stuff if we were all...I dunno'...Lions? Lions with Human brains...We wouldn't even open a friggin' door...Everything would be so different we wouldn't even be able to advance this far. Our dexterity has played a huge part in our evolution into what we are today.

But that's just what I think.

Since when did the number of feet matter when it comes to intelligence/tool-using/dexterity? I'll cheerfully buy that a handlike structure would - if not be required, at least highly useful - but feet...?

*scratches head* IMHO, a quadruped does not exclude some sort of gripping limb. Just look at elephants.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

1.jpg

Can't say I really thought about that much, but damn

can you find me in the picture?

"Nicrune008 is about one pixel in size."

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Wow, all this talk about how big the galaxy is, and then knowing the Universe contains trillions of galexies!!! Its insane!!

Oh and Popular Science now believes there is more then one universe. Several in fact. They predict there are actually around 10^500 universies just as big or bigger then ours. And they all have their own laws of physics.

...*head explodes*

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

By the way, and I the only one really craving to play Spore right now? I mean in the Civilization stage when you get to space you can click on any or the stars you see and you will go there. There are suposed to be like 100 million planets you can visit, each one designed by another player somewhere and now a copy of it is under CPU control.

Oh Maxis, why did you you tempt us with the E3 video when its not released until July 2007!

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

By the way, and I the only one really craving to play Spore right now? I mean in the Civilization stage when you get to space you can click on any or the stars you see and you will go there. There are suposed to be like 100 million planets you can visit, each one designed by another player somewhere and now a copy of it is under CPU control.

Oh Maxis, why did you you tempt us with the E3 video when its not released until July 2007!

Can't wait for the game.

The only good thing about it being released so late is that I have time to upgrade my computer. :P

- Me!