"Press ___ to ___ ___"

DarkDude

Whatever happened to the "Press 989 to buy raw lobby certs!" That everyone did on Runescape classic? Why has everyone stopped using it? Now it's just a boring "Buying raw lobs"

I don't even remember why/how the "press xxx" thing came about, I'm pretty sure that the person who was trading with you appeared in the chat box like it does on RS2.

Any other things that you can remember being the "must do" things in RSC but died out for no reason with the launch of Runescape 2?

cuz people found out it's easier to state your name and have the person trade you than for you to say a # and have the person have to look for who said it, I suppose.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

i always used to, and still do it when im in a less crowded bank. the problem is when you're on world 2 fally you'd get like 9 people shouting 999 and you wouldn't know who'd said it and it would be so confusing

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

i always used to, and still do it when im in a less crowded bank. the problem is when you're on world 2 fally you'd get like 9 people shouting 999 and you wouldn't know who'd said it and it would be so confusing

true true true... + people always think its funnyto say it then u trade em and they decline and go "roifl!!"

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I still see people do it, especially f2pers.

Most people don't do it, because it's quicker and there's really no point in saying it if your not in a crowded area. Even though I rarely see it in world 2.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

you couldnt stand on other persons their spots (well if you didnt knew how to do it anyways) and in rs2 you can stand on other persons their spot so that why they state their name rather then the numbers ( i did always used 555 ;) )

sig312.png

angel2w.gif

you couldnt stand on other persons their spots (well if you didnt knew how to do it anyways) and in rs2 you can stand on other persons their spot so that why they state their name rather then the numbers ( i did always used 555 ;) )

Okay what, correct me if I'm wrong, since I couldn't really understand what you were saying the first time.

Are you saying that you couldn't stand on TOP of each other in RSC? If so, then what a load of tosh.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

Okay what, correct me if I'm wrong, since I couldn't really understand what you were saying the first time.

Are you saying that you couldn't stand on TOP of each other in RSC? If so, then what a load of tosh.

You could, but you had to click a square past the person you want to stand on, then quickly press the square they're standing on. ;)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

in rsc, if u click another players square u just turn towards them.... to stand on someone else, you had to click ahead of them, then when you are "inside" them, click the square below them to stop on them.

Because now you can spam, Buying X for X ( your name),people can trade you.

Just set your chat to Hide or Friends mode and you can see whois trading you instead of the sea of text (but sometimes with many mods talking its also irritating)

0worker0.png

I think the hide chat option has changed the "press 555" phase. Now a seller/buyer states what he wants, then his name afterwards, and waits for the trade..

Much easier ^_^

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

i even saw that before i played runescape on this online go fish game i played (press 111 to play a 4 person game...stuff like that). It just died because it was hard to find the person that pressed the number. I also remember when world 29 was the second biggest f2p trading world, but people got lazy to click when the new world select screen came out, so it changed to 3 and 4.

you cant see whoes saying 999 if they arte all at 1 spot...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Now most people trade through the forums, either official or the likes of tip.it

Also people still do that in the crowded areas like varrock or falador, because its so hard to catch a trade message or name in chat there, but theres so much more people now on rs2 and the words above your head dont stay that long, and even if you do catch it you have about 10 people that could have said it, thats its just as useless.

Lagatag.png

Completely forgot about that and that's probably the best reason for it.

But to the other part of this topic, what other things on RSC randomly died out in RS2? I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I just can't think of it.