Wakka's Rune Mining Method

wakka102

Nice guide, will defintly use it when im 85 , but i probly will be like Heroes by then :(

Feel free to drop a PM in my blog to 85 mining ;)

you won't be in heroes for long. That is a TERRIBLE place to mine rune. The rocks are almost always mined in every world.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice guide, will defintly use it when im 85 , but i probly will be like Heroes by then :(

you won't be in heroes for long. That is a TERRIBLE place to mine rune. The rocks are almost always mined in every world.

I mean the spot will be like heroes then , since everyone will go here now

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1

Not really, few people can mine rune, even fewer actually do mine rune all the time, even fewer have seen this guide. So it should be ok for the most part.

Not really, few people can mine rune, even fewer actually do mine rune all the time, even fewer have seen this guide. So it should be ok for the most part.

Got a point there, not really much to fear then :ohnoes:

Good guide , thumbs up :thumbsup:

dkhunteruserbarnf4.gif

DK Drop list : Dragon axe : 2 Bezerker ring's : 4 Warrior ring's : 5

Seers rings : 1

Got a point there, not really much to fear then :ohnoes:

Thanks, I could be wrong though, I haven't been since I wrote this guide... :anxious:

Thanks, I could be wrong though, I haven't been since I wrote this guide... :anxious:

Go down ther and check yourself :-# I don't know what it is like, but if it's packed, you'll have to be editing all those posts. ::'

From my experience there actually are more rune miners then you might think. I am f2p and sometimes its really hard to find a few empty worlds.

Don't forget that there are around 16000 people that can mine rune and there is a limited amount of rune rocks per world. :-#

I'll give an f2p example:

- It takes +- 3 minutes to mine and worldhop

- an average 16.5 minutes respawn time (most worlds are populated from 600 to 1800 players = a average of 1200 players )

-> One miner can do aprox. 5 worlds at a time.

- Lets say there are 75 free worlds.

-> There can be max 15 rune miners online if they all want their ores...

That is less then 0.01% of all rune miners! :uhh:

Still thinking you will be the only one at the rocks? :ohnoes:

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

From my experience there actually are more rune miners then you might think. I am f2p and sometimes its really hard to find a few empty worlds.

Don't forget that there are around 16000 people that can mine rune and there is a limited amount of rune rocks per world. :-#

I'll give an f2p example:

- It takes +- 3 minutes to mine and worldhop

- an average 16.5 minutes respawn time (most worlds are populated from 600 to 1800 players = a average of 1200 players )

-> One miner can do aprox. 5 worlds at a time.

- Lets say there are 75 free worlds.

-> There can be max 15 rune miners online if they all want their ores...

That is less then 0.01% of all rune miners! :uhh:

Still thinking you will be the only one at the rocks? :ohnoes:

Not if your in the Wild. However, at the time I was using this (until I wrote this guide), it was practically empty. Mainly because nobody revealed the secret, or knew how to use it effectively.

Go down ther and check yourself :-# I don't know what it is like, but if it's packed, you'll have to be editing all those posts. ::'

I doubt there are alot of rune miners still. As this guide is just on Tip.it.

Very nice guide Wakka =D> This should be helpful if I can ever manage to beat MEP2 (I haven't even began Underground Pass yet) :XD:

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Very nice guide Wakka =D> This should be helpful if I can ever manage to beat MEP2 (I haven't even began Underground Pass yet) :XD:

Whats the point of beating it? Just start it and get the key from the Mourner Head, I think, and go to the dark beast, as discribed. Next time read the entire first post, Oreo :P

Ranged Crave

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

awesome guide : :P Makes me wish i had 85 mining rather than 60, but its so annoying to level :cry:

118 combat

99 construction, hunter, firemaking,woodcutting, cooking

,fletching

Sara Drops:1x hilt 1x SS

Arma Drops:1x Hilt

Rex Drops:7x D axe 3x Beserker ring 2x Warrior ring

Dragon Drops:1x Chain

nice guide! i can say i shall be testing it out for myself in the weeks to come.

i doubt it will have any real negative effect on the amount of ores available as people who spend the time reaching level 85 mining tend to have other skills to be occupied with.

i just went there myself, and there was only one other guy there. Actually saw him in a world switch, and we split the worlds up. Its still pretty vacant.

I used minimum prayer items and boxed imps, and couldn't stand long enough to use them all up. lol. Got about 70 ore before I got sick of it.

The boxed imps are made for this. I didn't have a problem catching them at the volcano.

Wakka, you really should make this an all inclusive rune mining guide so this can go in the Archive. :)

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I'm actively using this method lately, with great results, congratulations wakka. It's not empty, for sure, but most of the time there aren't more than 3-4 people mining at the same time so if you can find them and organize the thing it's all good.

I got a question: do you ever reclick the ore if it's hard to get? If yes, how often? I find it hard to get an ore in the first 5 seconds, usually.

i just went there myself, and there was only one other guy there. Actually saw him in a world switch, and we split the worlds up. Its still pretty vacant.

I used minimum prayer items and boxed imps, and couldn't stand long enough to use them all up. lol. Got about 70 ore before I got sick of it.

The boxed imps are made for this. I didn't have a problem catching them at the volcano.

Wakka, you really should make this an all inclusive rune mining guide so this can go in the Archive. :)

I will do this. However, not until I'm training a 99 skill that I can semi afk on (so I can fish and write at the same time :lol: ). So it will come, but it'll take some time.

I'm actively using this method lately, with great results, congratulations wakka. It's not empty, for sure, but most of the time there aren't more than 3-4 people mining at the same time so if you can find them and organize the thing it's all good.

I got a question: do you ever reclick the ore if it's hard to get? If yes, how often? I find it hard to get an ore in the first 5 seconds, usually.

As I stated in the guide, the attack animation overrides the mining animation. So even if it looks like your character is sitting there like an idiot getting attacked and doing nothing, he is in fact mining the ore. Clicking it multiple times will do you no more good then clicking it once and leaving it.

As I stated in the guide, the attack animation overrides the mining animation. So even if it looks like your character is sitting there like an idiot getting attacked and doing nothing, he is in fact mining the ore. Clicking it multiple times will do you no more good then clicking it once and leaving it.

The fact about animations is clear, the point is another:

I'm 97 mining. I can get gold within 4 seconds about 60% of the time. When it takes longer than 4 seconds that means the computer is generating a "bad" cluster of numbers for me. If I don't get the gold within 4 seconds I just click the ore again, this will reset the "randomness" and I usually get the gold within the NEXT 4 seconds.

When I mine down there with only 54 prayer :oops: mining speed is a key factor, as I'm not assured to get a full load of ores with one pot (4). I've noticed that reclicking the ore after some time often does make mining faster.

Maybe it's something to include in a possible new guide? If I clicked the ore only once I'd have to take several pots per trip, this goes for everyone with a low prayer level.

The fact about animations is clear, the point is another:

I'm 97 mining. I can get gold within 4 seconds about 60% of the time. When it takes longer than 4 seconds that means the computer is generating a "bad" cluster of numbers for me. If I don't get the gold within 4 seconds I just click the ore again, this will reset the "randomness" and I usually get the gold within the NEXT 4 seconds.

When I mine down there with only 54 prayer :oops: mining speed is a key factor, as I'm not assured to get a full load of ores with one pot (4). I've noticed that reclicking the ore after some time often does make mining faster.

Maybe it's something to include in a possible new guide? If I clicked the ore only once I'd have to take several pots per trip, this goes for everyone with a low prayer level.

I'm not sure where that guy got his information from but there is no evidence to support it. i can't see any difference at all. I think he is just too superstitious :wink: