Has anyone met someone on TIF that they know IRL?

Hobgoblin11

Has anyone ever met someone on Tip.It that they now in real life but never realised who they were? Example:

I got a PM from someone tonight, saying to the effect of 'Hey, I was reading your profile on the TET page and I'm from Nottingham too'

I was intrigued obviously, and gradually it turned out that we actually live about 300 metres from each other, go to the same school as each other and study some of the same subjects! I mean, what are the chances of that!?

Has anyone else had PM's from people saying that they live in the same town/city as you and were wondering if they knew you?

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met a girl on rs that lives 200 meters away from me, and she knows a girl in my brothers class. I didn't know her before it though

No one from TIF though, probably cos my location is lying <3:

Uula.png

Has anyone ever met someone on Tip.It that they now in real life but never realised who they were? Example:

I got a PM from someone tonight, saying to the effect of 'Hey, I was reading your profile on the TET page and I'm from Nottingham too'

I was intrigued obviously, and gradually it turned out that we actually live about 300 metres from each other, go to the same school as each other and study some of the same subjects! I mean, what are the chances of that!?

Has anyone else had PM's from people saying that they live in the same town/city as you and were wondering if they knew you?

I found someones pack of beer irl on holidays in southern france. Later when I linked him to some photos I hosted he found my RS screenies dir.

He was kind of surprised lol (he knew who I was)

Vmser.png

A few years ago me and Ex1le watched the same football match in the same pub, but we didn't realise this till later. We must have been at most a few metres apart. Scary stuff like.

sig2ho7.jpg

I've wondered about this :P

I talk to Runescapeloser22 about it all the time!

What if we went to a Red Sox game, sat next to each other, and didn't know it.

What if you were grocery shopping and suddenly, Panda walks by you and you never know it.

I think GSW lives about 45 minutes from me. That's the only person that I can remember who lives somewhat near me that I've met on here.

That's why I don't give away my location to people on the internet.

I used to be that way too. Over the past year I got over that fear of being stalked and stuff and now I easily give up my location. If someone wants to kidnap me they're gonna have to work pretty damn hard. I don't go easily ;)

If someone wants to kidnap me they're gonna have to work pretty damn hard. I don't go easily ;)

From a "standard safety" viewpoint, it's probably true that you shouldn't give your location to any 'stranger' online, but people should also think about what you just said.

I mean.. Does somebody have enough motivation and money to hire 3 armed hitmen to abduct you in the middle of the night when you're just a normal person age 16-20 (not sure how old you are, that's just a guess) and have no special information or knowledge <.<

And if suspicious people would approach you online and obviously just try to find out where you live, you could always mislead them to an empty storage building :P

If someone wants to kidnap me they're gonna have to work pretty damn hard. I don't go easily ;)

From a "standard safety" viewpoint, it's probably true that you shouldn't give your location to any 'stranger' online, but people should also think about what you just said.

I mean.. Does somebody have enough motivation and money to hire 3 armed hitmen to abduct you in the middle of the night when you're just a normal person age 16-20 (not sure how old you are, that's just a guess) and have no special information or knowledge <.<

And if suspicious people would approach you online and obviously just try to find out where you live, you could always mislead them to an empty storage building :P

Well you hit the age range pretty damn well. I'm actually 16 years old. If anybody has enough motivation to actually come after me, all the more to them. I don't have anything special that someone might want. I'm just an average teenager. If someone has the money to hire 3 armed men to try to kidnap, that's pretty awesome. Though I do sleep 5 feet from 3 swords and 2 razor sharp knives so they'd better be quite :P If I was a girl I'd be more fearful of giving out my location but I'm a guy and so that gets rid of a lot of people who would want to kidnap/rape me.

I've wondered about this :P

I talk to Runescapeloser22 about it all the time!

What if we went to a Red Sox game, sat next to each other, and didn't know it.

What if you were grocery shopping and suddenly, Panda walks by you and you never know it.

That could be the same with you and I. I actually go down to Boston quit often, and are very fond of seeing the Red Sox....who knows...

Imagine.....

*I sit down in my seat next to some kid...he looks at me....* "SPEEDOFSOUND....*me confused, looks over*.....FADFDFD! *drools* Omfgzorz!"

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."