Do you smoke?

blue107

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate people smoking, they just smoke completely regardless of the health risks. :shame:

It's good to see a lot of people here don't smoke. :D

A lot of people I knew at school then, now smoke. It's kinda sad to see that. I hope my best friend don't smoke. :(

My dad smokes, I just have to grin and bear it. I still love my dad though. :P

It's pretty obvious I don't smoke. :D

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I have seen a few posts saying that smoking costs the NHS billions. This is, for the most part a lie. Smokers pay billions and billions in taxes on thier cigarettes. This off sets the cost of thier treatment almost single handedly. But, not only do they pay vast amounts to the government, they also die much earlier, and save billions on geriatric treatment, which is far more expensive, especialy with our top heavy population. Smokers are almost national benefactors, selflessly killing themselves for the good of the general population and paying for the right to do so. There was even a court case brought against a tobbaco corporation in either the Netherlands or Germany, I have forgotten which, in which people tried to sue the tobacconists for costing thier NHS. The tobaconists won by proving they not only saved the NHS money, but payed for it as well.

Whats more the majority of smokers tend to die or contract serious diseases at around 50-55+, which is nearing the end of thier useful lifespan (in terms of working and therefor GDP etc), so they are not hurting the economy. Oh, and the tabaco sector in Britain is massive and generates many jobs, thereby keeping some form of manufacturing in our service sector britain and providing Jobs to combat unepmloyment which is on the rise again.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

I have seen a few posts saying that smoking costs the NHS billions. This is, for the most part a lie. Smokers pay billions and billions in taxes on thier cigarettes. This off sets the cost of thier treatment almost single handedly. But, not only do they pay vast amounts to the government, they also die much earlier, and save billions on geriatric treatment, which is far more expensive, especialy with our top heavy population. Smokers are almost national benefactors, selflessly killing themselves for the good of the general population and paying for the right to do so. There was even a court case brought against a tobbaco corporation in either the Netherlands or Germany, I have forgotten which, in which people tried to sue the tobacconists for costing thier NHS. The tobaconists won by proving they not only saved the NHS money, but payed for it as well.

Whats more the majority of smokers tend to die or contract serious diseases at around 50-55+, which is nearing the end of thier useful lifespan (in terms of working and therefor GDP etc), so they are not hurting the economy. Oh, and the tabaco sector in Britain is massive and generates many jobs, thereby keeping some form of manufacturing in our service sector britain and providing Jobs to combat unepmloyment which is on the rise again.

Is that a yes then?

Is that a yes then?

a yes to what? A yes to the idea they do or don't? because if you read what I wrote, they are national benefactors. Or do you mean the original question? because I answered that a few pages ago.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

a yes to what? A yes to the idea they do or don't? because if you read what I wrote, they are national benefactors. Or do you mean the original question? because I answered that a few pages ago.

Oh right sorry - I didn't see your post :oops:

I do not smoke :notalk: . My grandfather used to, though... -.-

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Hellloo im a kid.... NEVER WILL SMOKE... have sex or do drugs either... my asthma would make me super ill if I smoked anyway I never would

So you don't expect to have any children of your own?

That's pretty sad, you'll never raise a child, shape one of your own, nuture em, etc...

Well ur call but I think you'll want to have a child when you're older, most people do.

nope, no one i knows does. But when I'm older I wanna smoke a pipe. That'd be pretty awesome.

Ya, but then you'll need a mansion and a nice bath robe for the " rich guy" look

:P Gotta get that Hugh Hefner look going. Who knows, you might get lots of Playboy Playmates running around your house :P (just don't tell them you're not rich :shock: )

I'd smoke like one of those pipes on the simpsons that bart smoke. Blows out bubbles, pretty cool.

I personally don't smoke, never have, and from what I've seen smoking can do to people physically and emotionally, I never will.

One of my personal good friends at my school started smoking in grade 9 ( we're in grade 11 now, at least I am... He dropped out this first semester :cry: ) I've seen how it destroyed his life, he was a popular guy too, had a girlfriend, decent grades (~70% average) tons of friends, but at the start of high school started hanging around a group of people, that were, needless to say troublesome.

Point and case, don't smoke. Doesn't make you look cool, it kills you slowly and painfully, costs you a fortune over time which could be spent in more useful places, can potentially destroy your friendships with friends and family.

It's JUST not worth it.

I stoped smoking since 23 december last year. And I only touched one cigarette, but that was to light my fireworks.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I social smoke. I actually hate that term, but it's deemed on me by others so I'll stick with it. In my opinion, you either smoke or you don't

Everyone hates inconsiderate smokers, another persons smoke is so much worse then your own.

One of the main problems is venues outlook to non-smoking areas. Almost every pub I have ever been into that has a no smoking area places it higher up then the smoking area. Amoke is heavy, but it still tends to rise from the heat and people tend to blow it upwards, away from their bodies and the faces of others.

This needs sorting out, badly.

Slide-sig.png

I social smoke. I actually hate that term, but it's deemed on me by others so I'll stick with it. In my opinion, you either smoke or you don't

Everyone hates inconsiderate smokers, another persons smoke is so much worse then your own.

One of the main problems is venues outlook to non-smoking areas. Almost every pub I have ever been into that has a no smoking area places it higher up then the smoking area. Amoke is heavy, but it still tends to rise from the heat and people tend to blow it upwards, away from their bodies and the faces of others.

This needs sorting out, badly.

Hmm.. most of the places I've been smokers will be in the back and non smokers the front, or something like that.

Nope, Never will.

I've just found out my Girlfriend smokes, Not addicted, Just once a day, every other day, Or when she's been drinking.

But still, I swore i'd never hold a relationship with someone who smokes, So i'm not a happy camper.

I guess i should talk to her about it.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Nope, Never will.

I've just found out my Girlfriend smokes, Not addicted, Just once a day, every other day, Or when she's been drinking.

But still, I swore i'd never hold a relationship with someone who smokes, So i'm not a happy camper.

I'm the same way.. I would never date a girl that smokes :-X

Nope, Never will.

I'm the same way.. I would never date a girl that smokes :-X

Same here. I don't think I'd be able to date a girl who smokes...:uhh:

Nope, Never will.

Lol bullcrap she's not addicted

Ych a fi, no way!!!

EDIT: Oh poo, forgot to translate --> Ych a fi = yuck

Holy crap! You're Welsh! I think you're the only Welsh person I've seen on TIF. EVER!

Oh, apart from the number 1 fisher on RS... Aled, or something.

But... HOLY CRAP! :shock:

-Mitch

New sig to come!