Do you get annoyed being ask to do the skill cape emote??

antonwhy

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a quest cape. And I don't get asked a lot. But if I do I just do the emote, because I'm proud :D and I like the emote. :D

I only hate if they ask:

Someone: '' Hey Robert is that a quest cape"

me: ''Yes it is''

Someone: ''So you done all quests???''

#-o

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!

I hate that more then anything!!!!

Hey Torlen whats your smithing level?

Are you stupid? DO you not see the cape on my back?

Ya, could you do the emote for me too plz?

*PUNCH*

Torlen.png

THAT'S THE POINT OF SKILL CAPES!! FOR PEOPLE WITH 99 STATS TO SHOW OFF AND BE PROUD! there were so many poeple complaining that there is nothing which makes them stand out and as soon as jagex introduce something like this u all complain again!! DON'T WEAR THE CAPE IF U DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED!

Exactly, and im proud of mine and i wear it and do the emote when im asked politely.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

of cuz i will do emote when i get thieving cape.. to show emote is a part of the cape =)

new_account6.png

What are you smoking...? Can I buy some?
Hah Tip.It probaly knows more about Runescape then Jagex. :lol:

Watch my Vice city stunt vid -->

THAT'S THE POINT OF SKILL CAPES!! FOR PEOPLE WITH 99 STATS TO SHOW OFF AND BE PROUD! there were so many poeple complaining that there is nothing which makes them stand out and as soon as jagex introduce something like this u all complain again!! DON'T WEAR THE CAPE IF U DON'T WANT TO BE BOTHERED!

I also love how people mistake that capes are only worn to show off to others or impress others, then tell the cape wearers to just suck up the abuse that goes along with it, or leave the cape in bank.

[sarcasm] It's not like the cape has excellent stats right ? It's not that practically every skill cape looks better than any other given cape, right ? It's not that of all the zillion people that play Runescape, the person wearing the cape is the only one looking at his game character 100% of the time, thus he would prefer it to look good, right ? It's not like the cape itself isn't enough to demonstrate that wearer is level 99, right, the emote has to be done instantly, on demand, always and everytime to demonstrate the level, right ?

It's not like it's annoying when having a chat with several people and all a sudden the screen gets flooded with 'do emote', 'emote', 'all emotes' to the point where you have to start putting people on ignore list, right ?.

It's not like you won't be bothered for skill capes, when you're not wearing one, right ? 'Dutch, where are your capes ?' 'Dutch get cape from bank, I wanna see'. It's not like you don't get called a noob being high level, but not wearing a skill cape, right ? It's not annoying every time you walk into a bank, someone will approach you for emote, right ?

It's not like being a high combat level would already attract more than

enough unwanted, ludacrous attention as it is, right ? It's not like everyone complained about not recieving attention/standing out, right ? Of course you are right, all the others speaking out of own experience are wrong. I don't play on world 99 much, my home is 12 maybe that's why I have such aweful experiences wearing a cape, right ? [/sarcasm]

DutchDreams.png

I've found my self using the public chat off feature more and more these days. now my favorite look as always been guthix skirt rune chain boots, and guthix kite and the second I got my strength cape I was amazed that I finally had a cape with a hood to wear with my guthix I started wearing them. now naturally the "OMG show emote" thing comes around at least 10 times a day... It gets annoying but I told my self I didn't have to do it if I didn't feel like it, after all I am a person and not a tool for all the newbs to squander at. :XD: I don't have time to spend standing around doing an emote for people who will mostlikely beg the next person they see with it to do it the're is no real point to it frankly I don't need people druling over me all the time, I already get enough of it from newbs going "omg a level 120" I don't need others asking to see an emote.

bbalking

I never complain only people who did were starved for attention I was already high level I had attention long long before the skill capes came out and just because I like the look of something doesn't mean I should be annoyed even more...

mepoulinsigxv29qy.gif

Once in a life time!

dukefreedomdead1ng.png

yep, also annoys me, I started to ignore everyone who asks me; works better as saying 'no'. If you say 'no' they say 'please', if you say no again, they say something like 'pretty please?' and so on...

But people doesn't ask it as often as when the capes came out, so I think in a month or so barely anyone will ask for it, ... at least I hope so. :?

wccape,Furious%20%20Elf.gif

Sorry for going off topic but:

yep, also annoys me, I started to ignore everyone who asks me; works better as saying 'no'. If you say 'no' they say 'please', if you say no again, they say something like 'pretty please?' and so on...

But people doesn't ask it as often as when the capes came out, so I think in a month or so barely anyone will ask for it, ... at least I hope so. :?

These are anywhere, I agree I hate people that beg for someone to do something. Like then trying to buy something, inviting to a party. Some people don't understand what no means, and continue bugging others about it. That's annoying.

Anyway back on topic, then I get 99 thieving I will be prepared for dudes like that.

Well i choose to wear my mage cape as i dont like the apperance of the legends cape and dont own a fire cape. However whenever i am skilling i always get pestered to do the emote, at first it was alright but now i find it to be a hassle. Does anyone else share my views?

This is why I wear the mage cape and not one of the others. It has the shortest emote :)

limdog.png

It doesn't bother me one bit.

It takes less than five seconds to do the emote.

If you don't want people to ask you to do the emote, then why are you wearing a skillcape? It's like walking around with a five foot trophy yet getting mad when people ask you what it's for.

noob: whats emote for that cape

me: a purple sphere

noob: cool can u do it

me: yeah sure

*teleports

Rofl thats a good one! :lol:

But really guys, it isnt that annoying

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

All you do to really annoy them is say.

I'm sure if you spoke in proper english grammar, I would show you.

They're like...plz? :roll:

Just ignore them and if they get REALLY annoying, hop worlds.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

pshhh....

try walking round with the construction cape

120s follow u round threatening u to do it

Lol I know how you feel, and I'm only lvl 106 :oops: It's awkward having a lvl 120+ gawking at you and following you around saying "emote, emote, emote."

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I wish I could get annoyed by it.. :cry:

But hopefully in a couple months, I can be annoyed! :D

Oh don't worry, I'll make sure of it \:D/ "Hey Jesse dude do cape emote" *2 minutes later* "Hey Jesse do emote again lol" :mrgreen:

if you really water to annoy him *jesse does emote*

oh im sorry i dident see that i was browsing the fourms could you do it again please?

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

It doesn't annoy me when people ask politely. I only wear it when I'm not busy and prepared to spend a couple of moments "showing off my skill" . If I'm in a hurry I wear a firecape instead. If people start getting rude with their requests I take it off and say "What cape?" :P

natrv0.png

zelda+ot.png

LEGENDS MAY SLEEP BUT THEY NEVER DIE

coming from someone who doesn't even have a 90... You really don't understand how annoying it is till you have a cape.... I'm usually wearing my while doin slayer.. I'm not gonna stop killin monsters to do a cape emote for someone thats really annoying .. Or like when i had my hp cape on wc why should i stop wc to do an emote for someone that doesn't ask polite enough..... Its seriously annoying and i have all right to wear my skills capes since i trained so hard to get em.

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp