Question: Least-Admirable Skill Cape

Lunar_Drifter

Cooking is very easy, I got one. :P

Coolest cape is Fishing or Herblore, and most admireble is Slayer Cape - Not trimmed. :P

Is that even possible?

Let's calculate..

You can get a maximum of 1/4 of the XP you get for att/def/str/range/magic as slayer XP.

Well since there are 5 of them, that seems possible.

But, there is HP, you get roughly 1.3 XP for every Slayer XP you get. There is no avoiding it unless you train slayer with the Tears of guthix - but that requires Slayer to be your lowest skill. (or rings of recoil, come to think of it. and of course quests and genie lamps)

So it looks to be impossible, but..

You can keep Slayer as high as your HP (but not higher) with the Tears of Guthix (though that would be very hard it's theoretically possible..), that together with genie lamps just Might give you 99 Slayer at 98 HP (and most other skills at 98 as well, because otherwise the Tears would train them instead). Note that for the last level you cannot use the Tears, it will all have to be genie lamps and quest rewards etc. (or even using rings of recoil..)

I highly doubt anyone in RuneScape has an untrimmed slayer cape though, it is hardly worth the enormous effort.

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i totally agree, that cooking, fletching and firemaking are seen too much and they dont need any "skill" at all, just money and patience.

my friend has cooking and fletching cape and he brags about it all the time, but i reply to that, it are MONEY capes not SKILL capes.

Dennizzz666.png

On Teh Road For 99 Attack

cooking, firemaking, and fletching are too common, but technically constructiona dn herblore are both buyable but respected

fletching you gain money, cooking cost a couple mil loss, firemaking from level 81 to 99 is 12mil not that much really

Fire making dose not even cost 2m from 30-99

littletom16.png

I currently have no 99 skills, nor am i close to any. I am currently aiming for 99 woodcuttin (84 at the time of this post) and i know that even to get this far that it takes much dedication. HOwever what do i do with most of the logs i get? Do i sell them to aid other players in their quest for 99 fletching or firemaking, no i don't. I keep them and when the woodcutting sstarts to get a bit too boring i got and do some flecthing or firemaking myself. This means were i ever to get a 99 skill it would not be bought, even if it was cooking or fletching. I believe this would give me a greater feeling of satisfactino than if i bought it. This is also because i never have much money and so buying skills is hard for me. I think a skill cape can be more admirable depending on how a player got to that 99 skill although all 99 capes (and quest cape) are admirable. Unfortunatly you cant tell this from just seeing the cape.

Cooking is very easy, I got one. :P

Coolest cape is Fishing or Herblore, and most admireble is Slayer Cape - Not trimmed. :P

Is that even possible?

Let's calculate..

You can get a maximum of 1/4 of the XP you get for att/def/str/range/magic as slayer XP.

Well since there are 5 of them, that seems possible.

But, there is HP, you get roughly 1.3 XP for every Slayer XP you get. There is no avoiding it unless you train slayer with the Tears of guthix - but that requires Slayer to be your lowest skill. (or rings of recoil, come to think of it. and of course quests and genie lamps)

So it looks to be impossible, but..

You can keep Slayer as high as your HP (but not higher) with the Tears of Guthix (though that would be very hard it's theoretically possible..), that together with genie lamps just Might give you 99 Slayer at 98 HP (and most other skills at 98 as well, because otherwise the Tears would train them instead). Note that for the last level you cannot use the Tears, it will all have to be genie lamps and quest rewards etc. (or even using rings of recoil..)

I highly doubt anyone in RuneScape has an untrimmed slayer cape though, it is hardly worth the enormous effort.

Or you could just use a cannon til 98 ranged then melee :P

Most admirable is agility because you run round the same course and dont gain any gp at the end

bloodhill4.png

Before the release of the skill capes you acheived 99 in a skill for the pleasure that you got as because nobody could tell unless they asked (when they may not believe you or look you up on highscores). Since the release if skill capes however people just train a skill to get the cape and that is why there has been a sudden increase in people with level 99s. People now train 99 for status more than the pleasure and abilities than before. You can fletch all bow at 85 fletching and do all arrows at 95 so the reason most people go all the way to 99 is to make themselves seem powerful and better than other people. No offence to anyone who has got a skill cape (especially if they got 99 before skill capes were released) as many people still do it just for the pleasure but now there is another group ofpeople with 99 for what i thinbk is the wrong reason.

Also the cook/fletch X options also remove some of the achievement however you cant moan at people that use the X option. I had heard about runescape long before i started playing but my old computer wouldnt run the game. I started playing when i got a new computer but when i started there was already an X option there and so i always used it and never thought of runescape without and X optinon. You cant moan at people who use the X option just beacuse they got their 99 after you and after X was released, if u had the choice you would use it too.

in the tipit Acheivement Capes guide under general guides it says this;

Naturally, they would also argue that doing quests was equally pointless. For the most part, quests are aimed at the middle level player instead of the higher level player. Therefore, most of the rewards will not benefit the higher level. And of course, there was no recognition for it. Sure, you could get a nice cape to signify you finished a quest, but it's not as strong as other capes most of the time, and sooner or later, thousands of people have it as well, making the feeling of accomplishment go away.

The part in bold is already happening with 99 skill capes, so many people are gettin 99 cooking or fletching that the feeling of accomplishment does infact go away with 99 capes as well.

I'd have to say Cooking and Fletching because everyone has them. Even though Strength is very common it still takes awhile

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

I'll throw in my opinion for what it's worth.

Any 99 skill takes time and committment.

My Bro' is going for 99 Fletching but he is getting bored and he's only lvl 84. You gotta want it!

As for me Herblore is my favourite skill and my highest at 85. It seems to have taken FOREVER. I can't imagine ever getting to 99. Can it be bought? well I think herblore is self-funding and even profitable if you're smart. You have to reinvest the income to generate more investment captial.

I admire Corien cos she was dedicated enough to get all the way to 99 herb. Gratz babe!

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

hm they're all very admirable and difficult to get but i'd say the easiest one to get is woodcutting because it's free - but it requires a lot of patience.

has anyone considered the possibility that lauren1211 is homosexual? anyone, anyone at all?

the eayiest capes to get i'd say is

fletching

cooking

fire making <--- i have tht lol

magic

i see the capes like allllllllllllll the time >:( im sick of them!!! -.-

only capes i like is

agility im going 4 tht 1

theiv i like.. not emote

crafting i love it :D

maxx640.png

Most admirable is agility because you run round the same course and dont gain any gp at the end

i would like to stop you right there, and agree with you \' there are more people with smithing capes than agilty capes. I have only seen a few agil capes, and the emote aint bad either.

I don't know if this is relevant at all but, alot of people get 99 in something like cooking, so they stop burning sharks, and make very good money, not for the cape.

prisoner-1.jpg

Noob: Can I have your sausages plz

I guess he was referring to my whip.

i hope so :shock:

Master agility-er (=/) in the making, only 29 levels to go =]

actually to get 99 in skills such as cooking, fletching you do not loss a significant amount of money since you can sell the products of your training back to the community for an equal, if not only slightly lower price. of course that is if you sell and buy smart.

mining, woodcut, fishing are all relatively easy to get...the only reason why most ppl dont get 99 in them is because it wont make a hell lot of difference! with 99 mining you dont really mine rune rocks A LOT faster than someone with 85 mining, nor do u 1-hit coal rocks so it is pretty pointless and not to mention boring (well actually can give credit for that :P)

the skills which can be bought would be stuff like construction, prayer, herblore, farming and to some extent, slayer due to the use of cannon balls.

i think one of the best would be quest cape too (although it is not technically a skill) since this requires a lot of patience and a plethora of skills in order to achieve. this would take a significant amount of time for anyone, especially a new player.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

I agree that fletching/cooking is the easiest I'm currently working on fletching to gain money, get a skill cape, and for the ranking. The best skill capes in my mind are slayer, agility, and hp since slayer/hp are 1/4 defence, attack, and strength. Agility because its repetition with alot of clicking.

Erik_Pidgen.png

gssig2qc6.png

L0ngball.png

The Topic starter neglects 2 things in his belief that fletching and fire making are the 99's least worthy of praise.

Fletching, in which prices have been lowered due to autoers, is now easier than ever to buy. Just click a few times and your guy (or gal) fletches away worry free, while you go about doing whatever else. Way too easy, in my opinion.

Firemaking; it may have a cool emote ( ), but it's easy to buy as well. It takes a bit more, because you can't really do much multi-tasking whilst firemaking. It requires concentration to keep a steady experience-flow. But still, much too easy to buy.

This assumes that the trainer is purchasing all of his/her materials. For those of us who refuse to buy, but aquire all of our materials to reach 99 on our own this is rather insulting. Fletching and firemaking are no small feats when you don't buy your materials and don't honestly deserve to be considered "less worthy".

The easiest earned "cape" belongs to the one skill which auto raises along side other hard worked skills in training. This skill is, "hit points". It automatically advances wilst training combat skills.

There is no individual effort specific to hit points alone which raises the skill so there is no real value in the cape. It parasitically advances based on hard work put toward the combat skills.

Where is the thrill of the game if you buy supplies...I have never bought any of my supplies..not one log or herb or rune...nothing...if the game is played right all the skills do intermingle to get you what you need to work other skills...I save everything and have from day one....the thrill of the game is not getting higher levels faster than anyone else ..the thrill is playing the game as you would have had to live it...I have no 99 skills yet..(am getting close)...but I will really feel like i have accomplished something when I do....

I'd say cooking is the least admirable followed closely by fletching and firemaking, cooking and fletch virtually pay out what you put it and firemaking is so much xp it's just click click click rather than cost.

But look at it the other way, i have a friend who got 99 wc (and yes legit lol) she's now been fletching and is close to 99 in that too, you can't say that just the pure clicking is unadmirable if they actually got all the supplies themselves.