Arrrgh, Macroers!

Forum_User

I absolutely HATE macroers. They should get a life, they are big fat slobs too lazy to do their own work and r probly homeless but break in ppls houses to set macros on.

I mean,come on! Ive been fletchign in fally bank the past few days using the herb spot south of fally. And guess what? On the yews on the way there are at least 5 macroers, and this is on world 110. I have reported them all, some 2 or 3 times, and none have been banned. I know they get a lot fo reports, but its been about 3 or 4 days since i reported the first lot. AND THEY ARE STILL THERE. And i see people selling 4million feathers in the forums, obviously a macro. WHEN WILL IT END!?

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god i hate them as well

i was recently cutting a few k yews

and every few minutes a lvl 3 macroer runs by,stops in one spot then walks to bank.

next another comes stops same place waits then walks to bank.

so decided to keep track after reporting,the worst thign about it besides the cheatign part is,why dont they change there clothes.there were 15 macroers approx maybe more but 15+ all lvl 3 all same desert clothes all saem hair style,all male and all had the same rs name except last 3 digits were 016 021 etc. without naming names thats as far as i can go.

bring on ip bans i beg ya thatllg et rid of a few 100k

shiro_chan7.png

I've been reporting some of the really obvious ones (lvl 3, default clothes, don't respond to private messages, only 1 skill in high scores and it's lvl 70+, has a name almost the same as another macroer at the same spot). I checked the names of some I've reported and some of them have disappeared from the high score tables, so reporting does work somtimes, and if I can kill off some of these macroers then I'm happy.

crazykiwi - http://www.rsdrop.com

i seen a micorer once and my computer lagged so much. And he was advertising another website too. lol. but it was scary :ohnoes:

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

i dont believe the asian sweatshop theory.. i mean.. lets say theyre mining pure ess..it takes aproximately around 1hr to mine 1k p ess per "bot" maybe longer since alot of bots pause at certain spots for awhile. it would take a "bot" around 13 hours to make 1 million for them to sell for just $4- $5 it doesnt seem practical. They would have to supply a computer have it running using electricity , have a domain name /webpage to sell thier goods, internet access, then buy a $5 monthly memberships.. their thery doesnt add up! after all these expenses + paying the poor "sweatshop slave" wouldnt leave them any profit! jagex is clever at making up mumbo jumbo fictious storys in their quest storys they write this is probably just another one *bravo*

something new has to be done.. i jagex souldnt spend too much time investigating obvious macrooners it takes too much time to investigate 1000s of the obvious bots out there why not just instant ban them? Jagex just wants us to "stay the course" of us reporting them and not do anything else. Do what you have to do jagex even if it means you loosing money .

... whats a macroer?
The program

I don't know when exactly first version was created, but

according to my mIRC logs at September 22, 2002 me and cow

were talking about advertising AutoRune on his site. That

would be great if someone could find when exactly was AR 1.0

released.

I don't remember much, but the sample script included with AR

1.0 mined iron at Varrock southeast mines, smelted it at

Lumbridge, smithed at Varrock and banked in Varrock east bank.

Meaning that even the first version was very powerful already.

When I demonstrated AR to Alex in game, all he was saying is:

"omg it's so fast, I can hardly follow".

The famous AR interface was created by my real life

friend Rapids. The first testers were Alex, Vincent and Heppu.

AR was very unique and new back then. It was acting as

proxy between game server and client, it was analyzing

outgoing and incoming data and injecting data if needed. It

was the very first scriptable RuneScape cheat and it used

authorization server - a mechanism to prevent uncontrolled

distribution of the cheat. Later someone got a brilliant idea

- it can be sold.

From Xx jut Xx's site saying what a autoer/macroer was

dax_jacks.png

dax_jacks.png

ok any one wanna hear about rediciouls botting?!

well too bad ima tell the story any way!

ok, im in world 66 right now, and i have just reported

bots in less than 20 mins. all around the lumby to draynor area. i usually dont go on 'bot hunts' as my friends and i call them, but when i see 5 people with just about the same name, i stay there and report em all. now is this just rediciouls or what?! i REALLY hope that JAGeX has an I.P. ban on all of them, or else ill just have to go back there tommorow and report the new batch -.- i get that they are doing all they can to fix this, but when 1 falls, 2 more sprout from it. i bet that if youd need to report like 100 bots to become a mod (i highly dought it... just a number for example) i would be a J mod by now... LOL JK, but its getting there... ever so fast...

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

there is like 50million lvl 3s harpoon fishing at cathbury, with extra special (Get what i mean by that one?) names.

by extra special i mean stupid, and by stupid i mean totally random names.

is it just me or is it really obvious there is alot of autoing going on?

i unno maybe alot of people have MEMBERS ACCOUNT alts just for fishing that are lvl 3?

addymdefault,Joshthegod.gif

Controversy and Chaos!!!

there is like 50million lvl 3s harpoon fishing at cathbury, with extra special (Get what i mean by that one?) names.

by extra special i mean stupid, and by stupid i mean totally random names.

is it just me or is it really obvious there is alot of autoing going on?

i unno maybe alot of people have MEMBERS ACCOUNT alts just for fishing that are lvl 3?

Of course there are obvious macroers out there. The problem is to 1. Provide factual concrete evidence that they're bots and 2. to ban them. Since there are so many out there it's hard to do sometimes.

the bottom line is, game mods need to monitor the bot hot spots (ess mines, fishing, yew trees) ive seen moderators sitting still having idiotic conversations for hours so im sure time isnt a factor in doing this.

i was a pmod for ten days in that time i gave jagex info to get 24k real world traders with the possibility of getting 75k more what did jagex do they banned the two chars i was talking to ingame

in those 10 days i also reported 3 bot gangs all on flax seeing them ingame then on fourums selling up to 90k flax atime. all while crafting in seers or on farm runs and it took no time at all. so times not the factor

while there are alot off good mods the tosser mods far outnumber them

modding needs updated badly

today i passed on 4500 names to a mod that will respond to situations tomorrow there will prob be another 4k plus names

but prob another 10k new bots

if its allowed by admin ill post the list here

i found 21 bots on one yew tree is this a record ?

burrrppp

Every world has 7+ bots at flax, and my previous method of making money is now completely ruined. Bots are overrunning ever method of making money. <,

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

i think the payment methods for memberships is the problem for the 10s of 1000s of member bots out there. Why doesnt jagex limit the ammount of accounts linked to the same credit card #? or to the same phone number used to pay for it? paypal account? 5 member accounts should be limited. wait.. better yet i just thought of this idea just now.. runescape should update their tutorial island to catch new bots there,

the other day on the forums i saw a guy selling 200k raw lobbies. i looked him up on hiscores and he wasnt even ranked. in any skill. now its impossible to fish 200k lobbies without a ranked fishing level so i asked him about it and he ignored me. He was so obviously autoing it made me angry that jagex doesn't notice that. maybe they did but not likely <.<

soldersig.jpg

Buying feathers? Is that so they can train fishing?

No, so they can sell them for a profit.

ive also seen this, theyre standing in varrock range shop and buying all the bronze arrows, and sell'em 15 ea in world 1... its freaky... :?

Zzzuperman.jpeg

| 19,385th to 99 smithing on the 11th of June 2011. |

| 144,261st to 99 magic on the 2nd of September 2011. |

| Thanks for sig to DementedHero |

| Blog |

I see a lot of macroers, because I wc a lot. I always report macroers when I see them, but when I tell people that I did, a majority of them call me a mod wannabe, or say its worthless because reporting them does nothing. Its those people with those kinds of attitudes that make macroing such a huge problem (I wouldn't be surprised if those people owned a few macroers themselves... :shame:). Jagex can't do ANYTHING about macroing unless you players help them out! \'

i thoguht this too but then jsut a day ago my friend got banned for it.. so dont think they cant be stopped!!

IMO they should create randoms the require visual aid and can not be read by autoers and thus killing/ teleing them to remote areas

dax_jacks.png

dax_jacks.png

As much as I hate bots and macroers, I see them as the citizents of RuneScape, the working class. We get alot of raw material from them. So they annoy sellers and are great for buyers. Atleast I see it that way.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

There are a couple reasons Jagex prohibits mentioning them on the forums:

1) They know it's a problem. Posting about them is useless spam.

2) They don't want people who are ignorant to become "enlightened" that Jagex doesn't know how to solve the problem.

3) There is a secret conspiracy in which Jagex actually doesn't ban any of the macroers because they receive so much profit from them. I personally believe this. Honestly, at least 10% of the top 200 accounts in fishing have gibberish names with fishing as their only ranked skill.

td2sig.jpg