Ms Hynn Terpett - Misinterpret(sp?)

Sir Kuam Ferentse - ?

Sir Spishyus - Suspicous

Lady Table- ?

Miss Cheveers. - Mischevous

Circumference

and

Lay the Table

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in "what lies below", we say, "what if he fails to acquiese to our request?" which is a reference to pirates of the caribbean. if your vocab is too small to know what it means... it means no.

Yeah I noticed that one to!

(guys mithril is not from lord of the rings -.-)

dragonmguthan,goldenjjx.gif

Go upstairs in the guard tower on Neitiznot and you'll see guards from both islands trading insults. One even came directly from Monty Python "Your mother was a hampster and your father smelled of elderberries!" (the guards say winterberries).

speaking of those islands, anyone notice:

Neitiznot= No, it is not.

Jaitizso- Ja (ya), 'tis so.

(apologies for the horrible spelling of islands, you get the idea). probably the name reflects on the conflicts between the brothers aka kings of the islands.

actualy in-game (i dont remember exactly i think it was an NPC in relleka who said that) there was a fight between brother never mind long story any way at the fight 1 said no its not and there other said ye 'tis so or something like that i dont remember exactly...anyway thats not an easter egg because they actualy talk about it ingame :XD: :uhh:

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

[hide= wall of quotes]

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales. Mithril is an extremely light armor

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armor that is indestructible. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructible.

Mithril was added to the game in early 2001 and was the best armour at the time. It was not intended to be low level armour like it is now. Andrew could not have envisaged that the game would grow in the way that it has or that they would have to add so many types of improved armour to keep players happy.

I am aware of this, in fact it crossed my mind to make it an although. I still don't believe Jagex ever planned Mithril from Lord of the Rings to be like the Mithril on Runescape. Mithril is supposed to be silver...not blue.

Its not really a lotr reference even.

Runite, Adamantite and Mithril are the 3 major fantasy metals. If you look a bit deeper than popular culture fantasy books etc these 3 feature all over the place.Much like allthe incarnations ofr fairies, griffins and elves across the fantasy genre

Actually adamantine is real, it's kind of like corundum.

Yeah but most people don't know that. Where as they know its a common thing in fantasy hence one of the fantasy metals.

Like theres fantasy dwarves.

But theres real medical dwarves (genetic dwarfism)

Alot of people know about adamantite... it is a type of crystal that when exposed to the right temperatures and pressure can be turned into an extremely strong (but brittle) tempered metal, the only stronger (known) metal is titanium - This is different to the medical condition known as dwarfism.. As adamantite exists in runescape as it does in real life. But I didn't think a stereotype of dwarfs (yes its dwarfs not dwarves) in the real world is that they have a love of metal and are amazing smiths.....

Also obsidian exists in the real world, is a type of jet black and shiny rock which can be obtained in a abundance from the continent of Africa. It's just its not really useful in anyway.

actually mithril is real too, it's a stronger type of silver, much much rarer than gold, as are most minerals.

[/hide]

rune and black are the only metal that are made up...

just a note... there are a thing called kryptonite to <3: (superman ftw? :XD: :XD: )

well if you knew a bit about superman you'd know there is a real thing in real life called kryptone or something like that and that the 1 who invented super man didnt have quite a good imagination so he just used that name...check out chemistry :XD:

in "what lies below", we say, "what if he fails to acquiese to our request?" which is a reference to pirates of the caribbean. if your vocab is too small to know what it means... it means no.

"Mithril is a fictional metal from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth fantasy writings. It is precious and silvery, stronger than steel but much lighter in weight. The author first wrote of it in The Lord of the Rings, and it was retroactively mentioned in the second, revised edition of The Hobbit, where it is also called "silver-steel".

In The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien writes that mithril was found only in Khazad-dÃÆÃâÃâûm (Moria), where it was mined by the Dwarves. However, in Unfinished Tales he writes that it was also found in NÃÆÃâÃâúmenor.

The name mithril comes from two words in Sindarin ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

anishka0.png

anishka0.png

I don't need to *get a life*~ i'm a gamer, i have lots of lives!

the werewolf in the case in the varrock museum examines

"fangs for the memories"

which is a reference to the fall put boy song

"thanks for the memories"

Fall out do not have a song called "thanks for the memories"

They have "Thnks fr th mmrs" though

dude, when singles come out they take out vowels, it happend with one step closer by linkin park, at least im pretty sure that is what happens, anyway put some vowels in it and look and see what you get...

th+a+nks= thanks

f+o+r= for

th+e = the

m+e+m+o+r+ie+s= memories

oh would you look at that

i think that constitutes for a burn

Tip.it's official Ninja

"fangs for the memories"

dude, when singles come out they take out vowels, it happend with one step closer by linkin park, at least im pretty sure that is what happens, anyway put some vowels in it and look and see what you get...

th+a+nks= thanks

f+o+r= for

th+e = the

m+e+m+o+r+ie+s= memories

ohbut get the cd out and read the bk and also readonmusic channels.

1.Thriller

2."The Take Over The Breaks Over"

3. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race

7.Thnks fr th Mmrs

That songs title is spelt in txt speech.Hence it it is NOT called Thanks For The Memories but Thnks fr th Mmrs

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

.. That's what it technically is called, but that's not what people call it... and do you hear people saying "thnks fr th mmrs" in the song? You would walk around saying "Oh, I loved the song 'thnks fr th mmrs'"

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

thnks fr the mmrs is still pronounced thanks for the memories

the whole point of txt speak is removing un-neccssary letters

like u, r, gr8

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Don't know if this has been mentioned before:- I think in North Eastern Varrock Chapel there is a preson called Jeremy Clerson, obviously to do with Jeremy Clarkson.

Again, i dont know if this has been mentioned before.

just thought id point this out in case no one else has... Mostly harmless may be a reference to the hitchiker's guide to the galaxy:D :mrgreen: , or one of those books.. forget which one...

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

Spoiler Warning:

but in a tail of two cats when you figure out Bob was once a hero, i think his cat was named odysseus obviously from Homer's The Odyssey

Uhm .. is it me or was odysseus a famous spartan warrior?

Greek... not spartan... and thats what he was saying....

Sig.jpg

"Mithril is a fictional metal from J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth fantasy writings. It is precious and silvery, stronger than steel but much lighter in weight. The author first wrote of it in The Lord of the Rings, and it was retroactively mentioned in the second, revised edition of The Hobbit, where it is also called "silver-steel".

In The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien writes that mithril was found only in Khazad-dÃÆÃâÃâûm (Moria), where it was mined by the Dwarves. However, in Unfinished Tales he writes that it was also found in NÃÆÃâÃâúmenor.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

"fangs for the memories"

th+a+nks= thanks

f+o+r= for

th+e = the

m+e+m+o+r+ie+s= memories

ohbut get the cd out and read the bk and also readonmusic channels.

1.Thriller

2."The Take Over The Breaks Over"

3. This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race

7.Thnks fr th Mmrs

That songs title is spelt in txt speech.Hence it it is NOT called Thanks For The Memories but Thnks fr th Mmrs

For Christ's sake, don't be so pedantic, you know what he means.

"Thanks for the Memory" was Bob Hope's theme song well before any of us were born (even me!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanks_for_the_Memory - - 1938 ftw?

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Spoiler Warning:

but in a tail of two cats when you figure out Bob was once a hero, i think his cat was named odysseus obviously from Homer's The Odyssey

odysseus is the greek warrior who came up with the trojan horse and who struggeld for 10 years to come home because he was cursed by poseidon(god of the see's). he is also one of the best known heroes of the greek historie

Scout_ivar.png

Barrows drops: guthan helm x1, torags hammers x1, karils top x1, ahrims staff x1

"fangs for the memories"

That might be a coincidence, considering fall out boy is a band for 12 year olds. :roll:

Spoiler Warning:

odysseus is the greek warrior who came up with the trojan horse and who struggeld for 10 years to come home because he was cursed by poseidon(god of the see's). he is also one of the best known heroes of the greek historie

Thanks for clearing that up. I knew he fought the trojans, but couldn't remember if he was involved with the famous horse.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

but...if im not wrong...LotR did not "create" the word mithril

actually.. JRR Tolkien did create the word "mithril" ... along with many many other words, while alot of his madeup words had a basis in common Old English language.. "mithril" was entirely made up, and derived from one of the languages he made up. It is also the first elvish word to be included in the Oxford English Dictionary.

It is fascinating... to read how Tolkein compiled the languages used in his books, and any scholar who is interested in such stuff should look into this book "The Ring of Words:Tolkien and the Oxford English Dictionary" by Peter Gilliver, Jeremy Marshall and Edmund Weiner.

a description of the book..and info on the word "mithril" can be found here http://www.us.oup.com/us/catalog/genera ... 0199210763

ok ok... i am a geek.. but i do love words, and literature <3:

anishka0.png

anishka0.png

I don't need to *get a life*~ i'm a gamer, i have lots of lives!

Sanguistion region means region of blood in Latin

Actually it means nothing in Latin...

Well sanguis means blood in lating even if sanguiston dosnt mean region of blood

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o