Hidden Easter Eggs

Abyssalwhip

Will post back when I think of some that haven't been mentioned.

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you count it an easter egg, but examining the fairy godfather says: "I'm going to give him an offer he can refuse". Obviously refering to the godfather film.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Barrows ... it's a district name very close to Jagex HQ

Barrows also happens to be a name for the graves, usually of warriors, that appear to be grassy hills...

Ontopic: Use a herring with the Grand Tree...

Robin Hood is in the bar at Port Phantasmays

There are a few names I've forgotten...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales. Mithril is an extremely light armor

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armor that is indestructible. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructible.

Mithril was added to the game in early 2001 and was the best armour at the time. It was not intended to be low level armour like it is now. Andrew could not have envisaged that the game would grow in the way that it has or that they would have to add so many types of improved armour to keep players happy.

I am aware of this, in fact it crossed my mind to make it an although. I still don't believe Jagex ever planned Mithril from Lord of the Rings to be like the Mithril on Runescape. Mithril is supposed to be silver...not blue.

Its not really a lotr reference even.

Runite, Adamantite and Mithril are the 3 major fantasy metals. If you look a bit deeper than popular culture fantasy books etc these 3 feature all over the place.Much like allthe incarnations ofr fairies, griffins and elves across the fantasy genre

Actually adamantine is real, it's kind of like corundum.

Yeah but most people don't know that. Where as they know its a common thing in fantasy hence one of the fantasy metals.

Like theres fantasy dwarves.

But theres real medical dwarves (genetic dwarfism)

Alot of people know about adamantite... it is a type of crystal that when exposed to the right temperatures and pressure can be turned into an extremely strong (but brittle) tempered metal, the only stronger (known) metal is titanium - This is different to the medical condition known as dwarfism.. As adamantite exists in runescape as it does in real life. But I didn't think a stereotype of dwarfs (yes its dwarfs not dwarves) in the real world is that they have a love of metal and are amazing smiths.....

Also obsidian exists in the real world, is a type of jet black and shiny rock which can be obtained in a abundance from the continent of Africa. It's just its not really useful in anyway.

Sig.jpg

Just wondering, isn't Mithril from Lord of The Rings? Frodo had Mithril, as light as a feather but as hard as dragon scales. Mithril is an extremely light armor

The name might come from it, but it was no way similar. Mithril in that movie is dwarven(or elven) armor that is indestructible. Everyone knows that Mithril in runescape is all but indestructible.

Mithril was added to the game in early 2001 and was the best armour at the time. It was not intended to be low level armour like it is now. Andrew could not have envisaged that the game would grow in the way that it has or that they would have to add so many types of improved armour to keep players happy.

I am aware of this, in fact it crossed my mind to make it an although. I still don't believe Jagex ever planned Mithril from Lord of the Rings to be like the Mithril on Runescape. Mithril is supposed to be silver...not blue.

Runite, Adamantite and Mithril are the 3 major fantasy metals. If you look a bit deeper than popular culture fantasy books etc these 3 feature all over the place.Much like allthe incarnations ofr fairies, griffins and elves across the fantasy genre

Yeah but most people don't know that. Where as they know its a common thing in fantasy hence one of the fantasy metals.

Alot of people know about adamantite... it is a type of crystal that when exposed to the right temperatures and pressure can be turned into an extremely strong (but brittle) tempered metal, the only stronger (known) metal is titanium - This is different to the medical condition known as dwarfism.. As adamantite exists in runescape as it does in real life. But I didn't think a stereotype of dwarfs (yes its dwarfs not dwarves) in the real world is that they have a love of metal and are amazing smiths.....

Also obsidian exists in the real world, is a type of jet black and shiny rock which can be obtained in a abundance from the continent of Africa. It's just its not really useful in anyway.

actually mithril is real too, it's a stronger type of silver, much much rarer than gold, as are most minerals.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

(I refuse to waste so much browser space quoting all that text.

Referring to the post above mine, Mithril is a fictitious metal. The silver you are referring to is from J.R.R Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series.

w4M8t.png

[hide= wall of quotes]

actually mithril is real too, it's a stronger type of silver, much much rarer than gold, as are most minerals.

[/hide]

rune and black are the only metal that are made up...

just a note... there are a thing called kryptonite to <3: (superman ftw? :XD: :XD: )

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

if u examine the alchemest chart in your study room in your house, it says "if there's a recipie for the philosiphers stone here, i dont see it." Its a very clear reference to full metal alchemest, the pwnage magna. i lmaoed irl when i saw it.

That might be a reference to the first harry potter book, which in britain was called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but called Sorcerer's Stone in america

soldersig.jpg

if u examine the alchemest chart in your study room in your house, it says "if there's a recipie for the philosiphers stone here, i dont see it." Its a very clear reference to full metal alchemest, the pwnage magna. i lmaoed irl when i saw it.

That might be a reference to the first harry potter book, which in britain was called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but called Sorcerer's Stone in america

I doubt Jagex would allude to Harry Potter.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

just a note... there are a thing called kryptonite to <3: (superman ftw? :XD: :XD: ).

Obsidian isn't just found in africa, it's cooled lava, might explain where obsidian capes came from...

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

just a note... there are a thing called kryptonite to <3: (superman ftw? :XD: :XD: ).

Obsidian isn't just found in africa, it's cooled lava, might explain where obsidian capes came from...

Dragon metal is made up also.

And the real element is Krypton not Kryptonite

[i'm only saying this because i coudnt resist being a quote [garden tool]]

happiehour.jpeg

during "What Lies Below" quest, while talking to Zaff, I believe, either Zaff or you say "I'm disenclined to acquest to your request" Pirates of the Carribean anyone?

squirrel.jpg

~HOORAY FOR BEING MUTED!~

There is allot of Lovecraft references or similarities to his tales in RS. One was already listed, Ezekial Lovecraft.

On braindeath isle you got these squid called Karamthulhu, which is a Cthulhu (squid faced being from beyond the stars in Lovecraft's tales) refference/pun on star spawn. You really have to know the tales well to get the joke there.

Or be a Metallica fan (like me): the title of an instrumental is based on it: The Call Of Ktulu. (which is obviously based on Lovecraft too, Cliff was a fan of those tales)

There are a lot in the songs:

'Aye Car Rum Ba': Bart Simpson.

'Catch Me If You Can' is a movie I believe.

'Escape' is a Metallica song too, but it's a common used word so it probably isn't based on that.

'Faithless' is some music act too, but same thing as with Escape here.

'Golden Touch': the tale of king Midas (sp?).

'Hells Bells': AC/DC song.

'Tomb Raider': Lara Croft (sp?)

There must be lots more I didn't notice.

A few others i'm aware of are:

'All's Fairy in Love an War': All's Fair in Love and War, either a movie or just a saying.

'Romancing the Crone': Similar to the movie titled Romancing the Stone

'Beetle Juice': Either the movie Beetle Juice or a Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference to Ford Prefect.

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

The NPC's from the recruitment drive quest

Sir Tinley - Certainly

Sir Tiffy Cashien - Certification

Sir Amik Varze - Ceramic Vase

Sir Ren Itchood - Serenitude

Ms Hynn Terpett - Misinterpret(sp?)

Sir Kuam Ferentse - ?

Sir Spishyus - Suspicous

Lady Table- ?

Miss Cheveers. - Mischevous

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

The NPC's from the recruitment drive quest

Sir Tinley - Certainly

Sir Tiffy Cashien - Certification

Sir Amik Varze - Ceramic Vase

Sir Ren Itchood - Serenitude

Ms Hynn Terpett - Misinterpret(sp?)

Sir Kuam Ferentse - ?

Sir Spishyus - Suspicous

Lady Table- ?

Miss Cheveers. - Mischevous

Think Sir Kuam Ferentse is Circumference

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

lol i like those mole ones.

obsidian is a glass like substance found after extreme cooling form lava and is also referred to as the "black glass" because of its density yata yata yata more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsidian

on topic: gotta hunt more of these ::'

Ps: Mithril is made up.

Popoto.~<3

no.. mithril isn't real...

He's thinking of white gold.

Thats white/silver in colour

stronger than silver as it is gold

and much rarer than normal gold

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, not sure of this one, might just be a coincidence but here goes:

In the newly updated Canifis, there's a guy called Imre in the Bar. When you examine him, it says he's a shop keeper. Well, in a book in a popular serie (Wheel of Time, 4th Book), the main characters go through a desert. They stop at a small spring where merchants often gather to sell things to the people in the desert. That spring was caleld Imre Stand.

*shrugs* Might be related...

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png