Hidden Easter Eggs

Abyssalwhip

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly Harmless is the entire description for Earth given in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Yay! I was going to say that, but it's good to see another Hitchiker's reader. It's also the name of the last book in the series, but the book's named because it's Earth's description... and ya.

the jolly boar inn is a reference to the jolly boar inn in the asterix and obeliks cartoons

That's great, I never saw those cartoons, so nice find. :)

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

examine the jummping stones at the wildy agility course.

is says something like "hop hop hop then fall in the molten lava."

edit: not sure of exact words caus as you can see ive reached my agility goal and wont be training it anymore untill the new penguin course.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Spoiler Warning:

but in a tail of two cats when you figure out Bob was once a hero, i think his cat was named odysseus obviously from Homer's The Odyssey

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

Cant think of any for RS, but I do have one for Any Halo players on teh cpu:

A friend showed me the ganme once ( I dont own it) and used the cheat that when you fire a bullet, it will freeze and float in midair a short distance away from you. So he fired the rocket launher, then walked up to it while it was floating there. It said this on the side, in tiny print;

"If you can read this you're cheating."

Rofl

a lot of lord of the ring references to be honest quite a few of the monsters are lord of the rings style, elves orcs and the like. main reference i can think of is in recruitment drive where you have to kill someone you cannot kill him as a man, this is reffering to the witch king in lord of the rings who, in the 3rd film says, no man can kill me and is then killed by a hobbit and a woman...lol p00ned (i couldn't resist) you have to turn into a woman to kill this thingy

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

What is up with "Fenkenstrain?" shouldnt it be frankentein or something?

Yes, that would be where they got that name from. :P

I've not done this quest but in ''An Enlightened Journey'' apparently there's three NPC's with names to do with something. Read it somewhere, can't remember what they are about though.

Calaeria.png

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Spoiler Warning:

but in a tail of two cats when you figure out Bob was once a hero, i think his cat was named odysseus obviously from Homer's The Odyssey

the odyssey is a book that i had to read in 7th grade -.-
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

if u examine the alchemest chart in your study room in your house, it says "if there's a recipie for the philosiphers stone here, i dont see it." Its a very clear reference to full metal alchemest, the pwnage magna. i lmaoed irl when i saw it.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

What is up with "Fenkenstrain?" shouldnt it be frankentein or something?

Yes, that would be where they got that name from. :P

I've not done this quest but in ''An Enlightened Journey'' apparently there's three NPC's with names to do with something. Read it somewhere, can't remember what they are about though.

oh, speaking of enlightened journey, the monk u help (i forget name) is a clear tribute/ripoff of Captain picard. he says things like boldy go where no man has gone before, almost says tribbles instead of troubles, looks like him upclose, and he even has pips on his collar! (those little sliver circles that announce rank on star trek)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

The demon house servant is Darth Vader!! :shock:

darthvaderlm5.png

^Darth Vader says it in Episode 5^

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Cant think of any for RS, but I do have one for Any Halo players on teh cpu:

A friend showed me the ganme once ( I dont own it) and used the cheat that when you fire a bullet, it will freeze and float in midair a short distance away from you. So he fired the rocket launher, then walked up to it while it was floating there. It said this on the side, in tiny print;

"If you can read this you're cheating."

Rofl

getnewbie.jpg

... who wrote that. That's Hilarious.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

if u examine the alchemest chart in your study room in your house, it says "if there's a recipie for the philosiphers stone here, i dont see it." Its a very clear reference to full metal alchemest, the pwnage magna. i lmaoed irl when i saw it.

WRONG.

The philosopher's stone is an ancient legend, a mythic tool that would turn objects, primarily lead, into gold, and create life.

It has nothing to do with the anime. The idea of the philosopher's stone existed back in the time of the Greeks, along with the idea of Alchemy.

The Manga/ Anime is based on the idea of Alchemy, which is changing one element to another. This idea was first thought of when scientists from a long time ago found that lead has a similar density to gold, and believed they could somehow turn one into the other.

well, it was my best guess :XD: :P ^_^"

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

in the new treasure trail the double agents say "i expect you to die" this is a reference to the james bond goldfinger

Doesn't someone say that in Austin Powers, too? I think Dr. Evil sais it in the first one.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

Err, I think this is true, however I'm not sure :P . You know the guy who sells you climbing boots @ 12gp ea? He's calling "Sherpa Tenzing" and hes a mountain climber (i guess..?) and I think that the name of the guy to climb Mt. Everest first was called Tenzing Sherpa (lol sounds wierd) or it may be the two guys second names...Idk...

coza17.png

in the new treasure trail the double agents say "i expect you to die" this is a reference to the james bond goldfinger

Doesn't someone say that in Austin Powers, too? I think Dr. Evil sais it in the first one.

that's because austin powers is a james bond spoof...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....