Hidden Easter Eggs

Abyssalwhip

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'm thinking Tzhaar are a huge refference to Predator of the Alien trilogy, only noone seems to believe it, we'll see when I compare them in a future update once more.

I read one of the books, I think you are completely right! O.o

Wow, I ever caught that before...

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

im thinking it was a good idea to bring it back up

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

The quest slug menace is VERY similar to the short story "The shadow over Innsmouth" written by Howard Philips Lovecraft. and yes, in the quest you speak with a certain person that is named Lovecraft, he even says that is great-great-grandfather (something like that) was named Howard...

Its too similar to be a coincidence, go a ahead and read the short story, and you'll notice.

Howard Philips Lovecraft (or HP Lovecraft) rocks your socks, you guys should absolutely read some of his books and short stories!

karlpetter.gif

Not sure if someone posted this, but here it goes.

The "fairy rings" around RuneScape are actually real (without the magic, though some believe they do hold magical powers).

Some people think they're "magical" because of the way the group of mushrooms are grouped together - a circle... hence the name

"Fairy Ring" (Many people actually call it a fairy ring).

<3: Fairy Rings.

omg i actually have a ring of mushrooms in my garden! its really weird.

karlpetter.gif

In Slayer tower, if you examine corpses, one says: "how do you make a skeleton laugh?" and another says: "tickle his funny bone."

I loved finding that :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Also I'm thinking Tzhaar are a huge refference to Predator of the Alien trilogy, only noone seems to believe it, we'll see when I compare them in a future update once more.

I read one of the books, I think you are completely right! O.o

Wow, I ever caught that before...

theyre was a post with pictres comparing the tzhaar and it was uncanny.jagex uses films as a lot of their inspiration as well as book,music,nature....and so and son

tifsdac6mc.gif

Not that this relates to anything outside of RS, but it is a hidden goodie:

Menaphos and Sohpanem (the cities in the desert) and each other spelled backwards.

-One of the codes that Uri the agent (From Treasure Trails) can say is "I am the egg man, are you one of the egg men?", referring to Dr. Eggman/Robotnik's song "I'm the Eggman" from Sonic Adventure.

That's actually incorrect, Well, it may be partially incorrect, but it could also be a reference to The Beatle's Song: "I Am the Walrus" where they sing that. "I am the eggman (wooh), they are the eggmen (wooh), I am the walrus, coo coo ca choo." But it may also be from Sonic, but I think The Beatles came first, which means that Sonic was basing it from the song?

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Menaphos and Sohpanem (the cities in the desert) and each other spelled backwards.

:wall: How did I miss that? :wall:

Pasty.png

When you examine Heather flowers it says, "Who's this Heather girl anyway?"

When Varrock got updated, a new billboard appeared. When examined it says, "'Pay off your debts by taking another loan from us!' Smart." Or something like that.

:wall: How did I miss that? :wall:

Same here :wall:

This may have been mentioned already but I am too lazy to go through the whole thread :notalk:

Neitiznot and Jatizso are derived from "No it is not" and "Ya, it is so"

Alak_Goury.png

I'm not playing right now, but I'll be back

The best song in RuneScape.

Neitiznot and Jatizso are derived from "No it is not" and "Ya, it is so"

Lol, I wonder what you'd have to do to be the original person to find something like that out.... :shock:

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Spoiler Warning:

but in a tail of two cats when you figure out Bob was once a hero, i think his cat was named odysseus obviously from Homer's The Odyssey

Uhm .. is it me or was odysseus a famous spartan warrior?

Greek... not spartan... and thats what he was saying....

Sparta is in Greece. Read the Iliad. Odysseus was not spartan or Greek. He was the king of Ithaca. Which appears to be only an ally to Greece in the Wiki artical.

The Iliad

Odysseus

Venedlor.png

can't really trust wikipedia these days, my greek teacher edited them so they have wrong info in case we use them for our projects.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

can't really trust wikipedia these days, my greek teacher edited them so they have wrong info in case we use them for our projects.

I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to do that..

And anyways, with the way Wikipedia is, it will be fixed within 24 hours, even if it's not an obvious mistake (like one you'd notice just skimming)

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

The song: "All's Fairy in Love 'n'War" is an Easter Egg to the song, "All's fair in love and war."

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!