BA Defender

Vashinred

It's really hard too as my healer is slow at shouting the items <.< .

And by the way, the items we are supposing to drop is hard too. When you start dropping tofu and then the healer will shout "Worms!". Now that is frustrating...picking up back the food you dropped so that the runners won't "blaugh" and run away ad stuff :evil:

skaterlam.png

Gift is right, having a good defender quickens up your games and you points so much faster it's not funny. You really need to have a good team of people you know who are 100+ and can trust to call out to get quick points. It's sad that defenders are looked down on, they have a vital role.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

When I first played on a team with a bad defender I got maybe 27 points per round. Not to mention that runners were always the last of the four to die and take an annoying amout of time to kill. However when I play as a defender and have a competant healer I can easily get upwards of 50 points and have them all killed off before the other monsters. Having a good defender can seriously speed up your game. Having a bad defender really slows you down and lowers you points by the end of the game considerably.

Conclusios: Defenders = good.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Agreed. I just hate it when a defender is a total noob and doesn't call out what poison I need to use. And I agree with the defender being a vital role in points as well.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Agreed. I just hate it when a defender is a total noob and doesn't call out what poison I need to use.

I think anyone is a "noob" that doesn't call out what the other players should do on any class. Or maybe because they have thier hands full and can't quite call out just yet.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Agreed. I just hate it when a defender is a total noob and doesn't call out what poison I need to use.

I think anyone is a "noob" that doesn't call out what the other players should do on any class. Or maybe because they have thier hands full and can't quite call out just yet.

i got to lvl 5 defender today.... and let me just say i've had my share of healers following me shouting "HORN, NOOB!!!!!" and it gets pretty annoying because IMO, defender is the hardest job.

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

I'm lvl 5 defender now. And on 7 runs to the queen as defender I think i've only used the western trap for 2 kills. Almost all runners go past the eastern trap. And by just camping there. You can kill all the runners really fast.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

Typically when I create a team, I'll become a defender myself. The one time that we did that (2 defenders), we had our job done in about 5 minutes...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

defender is a very important job but because its so hard, i have tough time finding competant ones. Luckily, Candy is a great defender, and so teams with him get plenty of points and get through the waves quickly.

However defenders who shout at the healers for not horning are pretty selfish. As a level 5 healer, people think its ok to make me the only healer in the later rounds, and i get totally swamped. I have to heal 4 people, kill off a load of healers, and look out for a changing lure type. They don't seem to realise saving the lives of the teamates and killing healers are a higher priority than killing the runners.

supernovasigst7.jpg

from the limited experience of Defender i have (lv 2 with 140 odd points left over), I can say that defender have the potential to be the slowest killer (because luring is hard), but it can also be the fastest killer (since it is the only class that you can actually kill multiple runners at the same time).

for those who play defender, here is a hint. If you dropping say tofu when tofu was shouted, and after a while, it changes to say worms, you do NOT need to pick up the tofu you have dropped. The game checks only if the bait was dropped at the correct time, not if the bait was correct when the runner eats it. This definitely works if the bait was left for short time after the correct bait is changed, however i have not tested if longer time retains the same effect.

Also, when runner is in the range of multiple baits, it seems to chase the one you dropped first, then checks all bait in range again, gets the oldest one, etc.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Actually, Defending is quite fun! :wink: (seriously)

You can also, fire the cannon when your done (that mostly helps me kill the runners), and you can block the north spawns to hold them off for a little bit.

defending needs to be fixed imo, i always defend but it's just way to tough, the only way you get the runners to eat ure food is by them being near the trap and some food being on it, then they just walk aover and eat it. on the kb it says, drop food to lure the monsters into your traps, this doesn't work, you have to drops waaay to much food and it changes that often everything is rushed and you just end up getting moaned at...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

Actually, Defending is quite fun! :wink: (seriously)

You can also, fire the cannon when your done (that mostly helps me kill the runners), and you can block the north spawns to hold them off for a little bit.

Yeah! I'm level 3 defending and my team is very good. We can get Wave 8 done in about 3 minutes if the runners are behaving. All I do is stun them, put a 'non-likeable' drop and drop it near them towards the traps, then drop the 'likeable' one on the trap.

Hints - have 2 healers and 1 level 105+ attacker. Make sure both healers are 80+ and 1 of them is at least level 3. The defender must have high agility and low weight melee defense armour. The attacker must get rid of the rangers first. The high level healer must heal people whereas the other one must get rid of the penance healers. With the cannons, ONLY SHOOT RUNNERS. They are the hardest to get rid of. The defender should grab a hammer, and logs to fill the first 2 lines, then grab the stock. Collector must always collect eggs, DON'T STOP COLLECTING. If your role is done, the first person should go and use the horn glory, the rest must use the cannons to wipe out the remaining runners and a healers.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Just tried BA this morning and picked defender for some odd reason. I like the role, but how on earth do you build the barricades?

The instructions say use a hammer on the entrance spot...never worked for me. Tried hammer on spot. Tried hammer on logs while standing on the spot. Nothing ever happened.

Would be nice to barricade up the 3 westmost entrances and then just focus on the east trap.

Any hints for the uneducated?

King_Fooo.png

Just tried BA this morning and picked defender for some odd reason. I like the role, but how on earth do you build the barricades?

The instructions say use a hammer on the entrance spot...never worked for me. Tried hammer on spot. Tried hammer on logs while standing on the spot. Nothing ever happened.

Would be nice to barricade up the 3 westmost entrances and then just focus on the east trap.

Any hints for the uneducated?

If you have a hammer and a log in your inventory, just left click on a barricade spot. The barricades seem to be destroyed very quickly though.

I've only tried defender once, don't really want to try it again . . . yet.

for those who play defender, here is a hint. If you dropping say tofu when tofu was shouted, and after a while, it changes to say worms, you do NOT need to pick up the tofu you have dropped. The game checks only if the bait was dropped at the correct time, not if the bait was correct when the runner eats it. This definitely works if the bait was left for short time after the correct bait is changed, however i have not tested if longer time retains the same effect.

Also, when runner is in the range of multiple baits, it seems to chase the one you dropped first, then checks all bait in range again, gets the oldest one, etc.

=D> Very well said, you ony forgot one thing.

If it says tofu and you drop it then and it changes to worms, it's ok.

BUT if it changes to crackers (or worms again) they don't like the tofu anymore.

Another usefull tip is: even if you put down the wrong bait, they'll still walk to it and eat it. The only time it matters which bait you use, is on the trap itself! (Usefull if you're almost out of one specific kind of bait).

And obviously, only use the eggs on the runners, they're death in 2 eggs, while use them on anything else will hardly have any effect.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Defender is my favorite job.. as of now.

Hints..

You don't need to pick up old bait. He still chomps. At the very beggening of the match, drop 3 of the correct bait on the trap and a few in front of the runners.. they usually suicide themselves quickly.

After that go run for the hammer and logs, repair, and catch the runners who might have go past you, lure them to the trap.

Always remember, right click your horn instantly as it changes, it helps out the healers job.

If you have a horrible healer (i do often), who doesn't call, remember you have a giant horn to look at the bait (since all the runners run by there anyway).

Collectors!!!! It only takes 2 red eggs to kill a runner, while it takes 10 or so to kill anything else. So.. shoot red eggs ONLY AT RUNNERS, until they are dead.

Defenders, after your done... your basically worthless, go to the big horn and call out other peoples jobs, cause most likely they still have a while to go... attackers and healers can sometimes take a while to finish monsters.

Defenders should have all runners killed very quickly.

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.