Why do you hate Agility?

Defender2516

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a catch 22. If you train it, you get really bored, but get the bonuses, if you dont train it, you get really bored training a 'running' skill such as RC because you run so slow and can't use the shortcuts. Either way, you get bored.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Mining and Rcing are boring too - but ultimately I do want to mine rune and craft laws...I just don't care if I have to walk there and take the long way round....

Currently pushing my agility to 53 so I can pot up and do Regicide.

Round

and round

and round

and round

and round...

jiggeryqua.png

I like the rewards that come from training agility, but I don't like the training. I don't like the Brimhaven arena because I don't like having to collect up tickets and feeling stuck there (whether it's just what I perceive from it or not) until I get a certain amount. I'm someone who likes to flit around training different skills up a lot of the time, and when I train agility I often feel chained down, especially since most of the courses are in the most remote places and you can't talk to people if you want to train effectively. Now, not being able to talk to people is fine; I love doing pyramid plunder, and you can exactly hold a conversation while doing that. However, pyramid plunder has the advantage of being engaging; you have five minutes to race around looting a place with the chance of getting a very good item worth a bit of gp, while getting a lot of experience. If there was something as engaging as that for agility, maybe with a time limit or reward, then I might like training it more. I know the Brimhaven arena has a time limit, but again, the ticket collecting ruins it for me.

Maybe I'm being unfair though, I only started training thieving at the pyramid after there was a bank available in Sophanem; I imagine I would have found it much more tedious before the bank was available, as I find walking to bank things unbearable.

Just to answer the question: It bores the hell out of me! Running around in circles is not my idea of having fun in RS....

Ditto for me. I've been playing this game too long to spend the little time I get to play running around in circles.

Agility is my least favorite skill to train. I haven't had a level in ages.

Oh wait. Thats not true, I actually got a level from getting Rogues Den outfit. Man that was SO HARD getting that last piece!

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I think that a way to make Agility more popular might be to create more shortcuts and things because they make a noticable difference during your every day RuneScape life.

I like agility, but it does take a while to train. I find it pretty useful sometimes, and fun.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

It is my favourite skill by its rewards (agil shortcuts are dead useful) but the training is rather torturous.

-chenw

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

What would be really nice is if they added an agility course that required 70+ to enter. Maybe it would start at the pipe in Taverly dungeon? Maybe at the end of the pipe you can choose to jump down a cave or just avoid it? And down that tunnel would be a gruesome agility course, with fast exp for those with agility above 70. When you hit 70, it seems kinda pointless to train it anymore, if they added prizes like Brimhaven I'm sure I would spend alot of time down there- maybe get 80 agility.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

once i saw a guy with an agility skill cape and i told him bravo

but seriously i think people dislike agility because the rewards of having high agility dont seem that great. a few shortcuts that save you maybe 10 seconds tops and no one really runs that much imo

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

Personally I am going to sit on the fence on this one. I do like it because: It gets my total level up (a joyful time indeed), I like it because it enables me to restore energy a little faster (lvl 58- 80xp to 59) and it allows me to finish off my quest list.

Now I don't like it because it is not a skill that has any NOTICABLE bonuses associated with leveling up. Example "Oh boy I spent 6 hours training so that I can restore 1% energy in 3.2 seconds instead of 3.25!!" Now If i spent 6 hours training... theiving. I can get quite a few levels which ables me to pickpocket elves or something like that. And they give FIRE ORBS. So personally I only train agility when it is absolutly necessary; like when a new quest comes out.

~Blue

Trying to get a new sig... Idea's anyone?

you hardly accomplish anything and all you do is go around a corse all the time. takes to long and cannot exploit the levels much to your advantage. even more pointless than fire making and you cant look at other things whilst training it. you turn into a robot that just clicks and then clicks again.

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

Who cares about getting energy back faster? Herblore/MTK and super energy pots beats hanging around for energy to recharge every other minute of the day. Agility is my second lowest level after Firemaking (only because I had to raise it for a quest) and I run EVERYWHERE.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

• 2 months later...

Missed this topic the first time around so why not post on it? lol. Thehate brought up a good point too... =P~

I don't like training it because it gets extremely boring fast for me. Some people ask em why I like runecrafting but not agility and it's simply because of money. Agility, run a hundred laps, congrats I just got 50k experience. Runecrafting, run a hundred laps, congrats I just got 50k experience... and 2m. :anxious:

Slack_Tide.png