Why do you hate Agility?

Defender2516

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only does agility directly effect your skill, it is the ONLY members skill that helps you in f2p!

I like it, however I don't like training it =\

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

As for me personally, i'm a Agility freak. (Currently level 81)

When you run in real life, your body gets stronger. Likewise, agility grants your charater to have more running time, directly effecting him. Other skills like fishing only work when your near a fishing spot.. but agility works 24/7 no matter where your at or stand, you'll always be getting that boost!

Now from what I know from hearing about other players.. it appears the primary reason for disliking the skill is its lack of fun. You go around and around in a circle endlessly.

I don't find this bothersome most of the time because combat is the same way. You attack 1 monster after the other endlessly.

However, it did lack.. to put it bluntly, a challenge.

I think most people enjoy agility alittle bit better thansk to the brimhaven course. Now, people have a challenge while training the skill. Tag the dispensers before the time runs out, always keeping yourself on your toes, and the positions are always different, even though the routes are the same.

Do you think higher level agility courses should be put in with more challenges other than going in a circle? Does brimhaven cure the "I hate agility so much!!! :evil:" fad or restore some favor towards the skill?

Would Agility be more popular if it was implemented into combat?

Discuss

~Defender~

First of all I have to say that at level 81 agility I would not consider you an agility freak. I have 80 agility myself, it is my worst skill and I by no means consider myself an agility freak, in fact I hate the skill. No offense intended to you or your agility level in any way. I will disagree with you though.

You compare agility to combat but agility is in no way like combat. You can level melee skills with different weapons on different monsters and after each kill check out the drop you get which is in rare cases halfway decent. You also only have to click once on each monster and can then just relax while you kill it and even easier if monsters auto attack you. With guthans its even easier.

Yes agility is nice in the sense that its a passive skill and is always working for you, but in my opinion we should be getting agility xp for every square that we run over, not walk, just the ones we run over. Skills should be getting xp from using them and running is using agility.

People use the same agility course because of the rate of xp. Once its learned that one course is the fastest people use it, not because they like it but because once the faster they finish agility the faster they can move onto something else.

Now to answer the question of whether or not higher level agility courses should be put in.

NO NO NO NO. Jagex, listen up to this. STOP WITH THE AGILITY COURSES! THEY SUCK! The formula of running around for 10 hours just so your energy can last 5 seconds longer is total garbage.

Agility needs to be changed so that there is a way for us to get agility xp at the same time we gather resources.

Why not have an area where we can climb large trees and gather ingredients like coconuts or papaya fruit and get agility xp for it. Why not make a place where we can crawl through thorny bushes and pick limpwurt roots and get agility xp for it. They need to MOVE AWAY from the foolish and incredibly boring formula they have now and realize that agility courses are really quite stupid and hardly anyone likes agility for this reason.

Well, this sort of turned into a rant at the end but I think I made my point.

I kind of like agility. One thing I like about it is that you don't get anything out of it, besides the shortcuts and the better running. What this does is discourage anyone who's in it for the money, so it's a little more of an accomplishment to have a high level. Another is that you don't buy exp for it, unlike just about all the other skills in the game.

It's generally assumed you can't buy exp in fishing, wc, slayer, combat, and so on. yet people shell out for feathers, a dragon axe, cannon+ammo, guthans, whip, fire cape, fury, and so on, just to make it go faster. There's still plenty of time and effort involved and you can't instantly trade cash for levels as you can elsewhere, but the more wealthy are still at an advantage when it comes to raising their skills.

Just about everything needed for the fastest agility experience is obtained for free. It's possible to speed up agility a little by buying super energy pots or something, but i assume this doesn't happen much. the reason is that most of us don't keep agility very high up on our to-do list, so we probably have a sufficient number of pots we made ourselves by the time we decide to do any serious training.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

im 40 agility now, and i tought i could do the brimhaven course full time now, but the matrix style thingy brings ure agility doen...( :( ), and the gnome course and barbarian course are just boring me to death...

thats wy i dont like it...

1135127668459c038738feavy8.gif

capeachievestrks8.gif<>26 april 2007

*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃââÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ*RaceThunder

How about the Agility Pyramid? I think it's one of the most under-rated agility courses because I don't see a lot of people using it. Well, maybe there are people using it but they just happen to be on a different Pyramid level. I think it provides a decent exp rate, the Golden Pyramids at the top gives some nice "pocket change", and if you're ever bored, you can always head to Sophanem and play Pyramid Plunder \'

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

In a game where 'skill' is actually your ability to do the same thing over and over, it seems a bit churlish to say that agility is boring....but it is, i did the brimhaven course from 43-44 took me maybe and hour and a half and i was doing it with other people (so a race) that was 2 months ago, i wont go back till i want all skills over 50 then i will never touch it again.

@shadowbot:you are absolutely right, i also think you should gain xp passively (from running or the VERY good example/ideas you had).

very slow to get it up to about 60 where training becomes a little easier, but more exp needed so its a lose lose situation

also u reap no cash reward or lose cash, losing cash is fun :XD:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

very slow to get it up to about 60 where training becomes a little easier, but more exp needed so its a lose lose situation

also u reap no cash reward or lose cash, losing cash is fun :XD:

You have it all right there. :) But you CAN technicly earn money from it.

You could use all your tickets to get Snapdragons in the Agility Arena. :)

Plus that you can use 800 Tickets to get a hot Pirates Hook. :P Thought, both of that would be such a waste imo, since I never go down there if I dont really need experience. Agility Arena is...fun for an hour or so, but after that, it's really booring imo.

Rank 10 Mining in Sweden :)

elcusothing.jpg

El_Cusco.png

i think the thing i hate about agility is that it is so repetative, u compaed it to combat but in combat the is differentiation in what you hit,m how they hit you etc, agility is the same buttons over an over

i do however see what you mean about the 24/7 usefullness

emrea.png

emrea.gif

I simply love how some people rant about agility, then state the skill's effect incorrectly :roll:...Idiots.

Agility makes RUN COME BACK FASTER, it DOESN'T make run last longer!

If you're gonna bash a skill, at least be straight with the facts! :roll:

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

Agility is pwn, I just cant find the TIME to train it....

I simply love how some people rant about agility, then state the skill's effect incorrectly :roll:...Idiots.

Agility makes RUN COME BACK FASTER, it DOESN'T make run last longer!

If you're gonna bash a skill, at least be straight with the facts! :roll:

I could argue the fact that agility returns mildly WHILE you move, so technically if its coming back faster, while in use it IS draining slower...

http://forums.afflictionpc.net/index.php?autocom=referal&key=855

^Affliction, 90+ Pest Control (NOT a clan!)

http://mentosmachine.ytmnd.com/

^My Answering Machine^