*gag* some skills I just can't get used to training..

lordkrohn1626

Like thieving......don't know why I can't get the hang of that. Annoying to me for some reason, just as annoying as agility. Round and round the werewolf course....fall, gobble some food, round and round...fall..gobble some food....meh, *runs off to kill something*. :ohnoes:

Some of you master thieves I am jealous of, just can't find the desire to do it, and of course it is a game after all, and I want to enjoy what I am doing, so I go wack something....BAMM BAMM dead, kick through the pile...next...for some reason that is non stop fun for me...wacking trees? meh...I am warming up to it slowly...fletching? eeeeek hate the stringing...and dont even get me started on herby :-X Don't mind high alching, love the sound of money falling into my pockets.

then there is the two popular skills that for the life of me, I can't fathom the fascination...cooking and fishing. I did those when I started because I was of course broke, and a meleer, so i had to have food. Now I just buy it, why bother spending hours to get a few hundred shark when I can just buy em and move on to what I enjoy...killing things :) I havent fished since the first ten months that i played, and dont have a big plan to restart. :XD: :uhh: :ohnoes:

How about my fellow scapers? skills you love, skills you hate? ones you have absolutely no desire to ever build? I got one of those too, it's called farming :-X :shock: the only reason mine isn't level 1 is because of that mini quest with the snake (can't remember name rofl) where every week you tell it a story, gather some fluid in a bucket, and voila farming level.

:thumbsup:

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like almost all skills, except attack, defense, and strenght unless it's for barrows, or killing something as the chaos elemental or the kalphite queen.

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

To be honest, the only time Farming is boring is when people actually sit there waiting for their crops to grow. Farming is quite likely the only thing you can fully multitask in. You plant the crops/herbs/trees, you go off and do something else for an hour or so and come back and check it. If it dies, it dies, just plant a new one - it's likely you've got a few hundred seeds in your bank anyway. You don't sit there watching that Spirit Tree grow. #-o

My skill I can't stand training is Mining, for the sole reason that I have a very low attention span for such repetitive clicking, and you actually have to pay attention to the screen whilst your character does something mind-numbingly similar every... single... time.

And Construction, I'm too much of a cheapskate to train it and watch a few million go down the drain every five levels or so. :ohnoes:

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

I do pyramid plunder for theiving. less boring than pickpocketing.

I hate farming and hunter :P . Agility and runecrafting are boring too but I hate them less than farm and hunt.

i prefer safes no movement ftw

Wondering what to do with life .....

heh 93 Thieving ftw.

I just find thieving extremely fun and enjoyable, dunno way. I pyramid plunder mainly, and you can always head to rogue's den, or ardy for a break and pickpocket...it's very nice for me. There are 2 skills i pretty much loathe.

Fletching

Woodcutting

I love thieving. I love hunter. I like agility. I like herblore. I can't see why others don't.

I liked thieving a lot more the way it was done in classic. Your combat stats actually affected how well you thieved, and you got almost 400 gp every time you pickpocketed a paladin. And it was actually worth something back then.

Hunter, I got from 53 to 71 in under 2 days. When the reward is stackable, you can literally stay there forever.

Agility is boring, but at least it has an effect in ANYTHING you do.

Farming can be done while doing anything else. But I wish there were more patches.

Herblore, as an extremely varied skill, is easy and cheap, if you collect herbs yourself and just buy seconds and vials, it's nice and easy, and you can profit, as well.

Edit: Personally, I don't like training prayer, construction, or fletching.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I love thieving. I love hunter. I like agility. I like herblore. I can't see why others don't.

I liked thieving a lot more the way it was done in classic. Your combat stats actually affected how well you thieved, and you got almost 400 gp every time you pickpocketed a paladin. And it was actually worth something back then.

Hunter, I got from 53 to 71 in under 2 days. When the reward is stackable, you can literally stay there forever.

Agility is boring, but at least it has an effect in ANYTHING you do.

Farming can be done while doing anything else. But I wish there were more patches.

Herblore, as an extremely varied skill, is easy and cheap, if you collect herbs yourself and just buy seconds and vials, it's nice and easy, and you can profit, as well.

Edit: Personally, I don't like training prayer, construction, or fletching.

Never hunted yet, that came out after I deployed, I'll check it out when I return. hm stackable, sounds interesting. herby....ick, ya I guess. Iwill prob train that later, only because i hate buying pots. See you point on farming, I like time managment, and multi tasking is always a good way to do exp.

Prayer I hated every single bone...but I was chasing combats, and it was a neccessary evil. I buried until 68, ectoed to 85, PC'ed to 90 :oops:

Fletching was a neccessary evil for me, wanted magic levs, and wanted cash, kinda works, although I absolutely abhor stringing. Construciton I did for first 3 days when it came out....meh, what a waste of money that was.

lord+krohn.png

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Like thieving......don't know why I can't get the hang of that. Annoying to me for some reason, just as annoying as agility. Round and round the werewolf course....fall, gobble some food, round and round...fall..gobble some food....

That's all you do in rs though. Same thing over and over. for example

you have 99 flats and 85 slayer, attack monster, pick up loot, attack monster, heal with guthan, pick up loot, attack monster pick up loot....

i dont really like hunter, i'll get used to it though

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Like thieving......don't know why I can't get the hang of that. Annoying to me for some reason, just as annoying as agility. Round and round the werewolf course....fall, gobble some food, round and round...fall..gobble some food....

That's all you do in rs though. Same thing over and over. for example

you have 99 flats and 85 slayer, attack monster, pick up loot, attack monster, heal with guthan, pick up loot, attack monster pick up loot....

i dont really like hunter, i'll get used to it though

I see your point, dif for me is with combat, or slayer there is different monsters, great drops, money rains in hand over fist. With mining (which I actually like but didnt do after about 6 months of playn, to hard to fight over rocks) or thieving or other non combats, it is click, roll eyes, click, roll eyes, click, look at TV, click..drool, click, head bobs, click.....etc

altho the same could be said about any stat, so like I said, I see your point. Just comes down to which boring click you prefer I guess :XD:

lord+krohn.png

Hmm...lets see...which skills do i like

*points to siggy* any of those that have are 70 + i pretty much dont mind...and oddly enough the higher most of those skills are (with the exception of a odd fletching craze i had for a week...) the more i like them / train them

all those others like construction farming prayer mining and herblore...well... if jagex took them away you prolly wouldnt here me complaining all that much

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I'm sure everyone knows my opinion by now, so I'll just not say anything but make it known that I viewed and responded to this thread.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Right now the skill that I am hating the most is hunter. I think it is horribly boring and I honest don't see a point as to why the skill should exist at all. I just barely worked up the nerve to get it in the high scores today. <.<

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

I'm sure everyone knows my opinion by now, so I'll just not say anything but make it known that I viewed and responded to this thread.

No, antually we don't write down everything you say for later use. But it's nice to know you read a topic, I can sleep well tonight.

I can't stand... smithing. Anything about smithing.