*gag* some skills I just can't get used to training..

lordkrohn1626

slayer is my least favourite skill to train tbh

*looks at your sig* :shock:

so you kill metal dragons just for the heck of it / their good drops...interesting...

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone knows my opinion by now, so I'll just not say anything but make it known that I viewed and responded to this thread.

No, antually we don't write down everything you say for later use. But it's nice to know you read a topic, I can sleep well tonight.

I can't stand... smithing. Anything about smithing.

its not like it changes much, he doesnt respect runescape in the least. to sum it up. which is fine, but its not relevant really...

every skill is a disappointment at times... 99 attack isnt as good as i thought. and honestly, 99 str and def are the only skills ive noticed to matter

I totally hate fletching. Can't find a reason why i should camp out at a bank for hours to fletch tons and tons of logs, if it's for money's sake, rc is no doubt better

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Some of you master thieves I am jealous of

8-)

I haven't tried training farming or construction at all. They're at 43 and 42 respectively, and that's entirely from quests and tears of guthix. I've never planted a thing and I don't even have a house. :oops:

....:::Datasi:::.... ....:::99 Magic:::.... ....:::99 Thieving:::....

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/3741/picture15jm6.jpg[/img:c156a

If you don't have a house you can't get Construction exp (with the possible exception of genie lamps).

For me, Slayer's a fairly pointless skill. I mean, you kill heaps of monsters to learn how to kill more monsters?

Current account: Dragonguy 87

Goals: Get members

Get all skills 40+

Hehe, this is like Jagex telling half of Runescape players that they're [developmentally delayed]. Sort of. That's how I interpreted it. :P

Runescape is why I support abortion.

herblore, there is still no good way to train it.

+1 Herblore is the slowest skill to train (with the possible exception of runecrafting). Making 50 strength potions will put me up one level at level 34...unless your buying ingredients its incredibly slow.

mining is the ONLY skill i don't like, everything else is enjoyable...but mining just gets extremely dull clicking rock after rock hoping someone else doesn't get it first.

farming is great IMO but i agree that most people find it dull when they sit and wait. plant and leave.

thieving is fun if you know how or do it with a friend, but I will admit pickpocketing is a pain...

herblore i'll admit i'm on a crossroads, it trains slowly unless you feel like forking out money for seconds...

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

I kind of like all the skills, more or less. Even the ones hated by the most. :anxious: Or maybe I like them them because you get more respect for a high level on a boring skill. :lol:

I think this message was my most edited one ever...

I did edit more than four times!

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

ohh

I go through spells of like/hating skills. I try to get xp in all skills however i hate:

farming - no poing tired for money, no luck

herblore - smae as farming

hunter - waste of time

rc - too boring

i dont mind pryaer, jsut bury every bone you get =D>

noob,maximu160490.gif

maximu160490.gif

Herblore actually is one of the best skills to train. Without those pots, what would all the PK'ers, monster hunters, etc do?

Well, I don't like thieving. It's just too boring, click, pause, click. Oh wait, everything else in RS is like that. :-k Well anyways, it's not my favorite. Maybe if I went to PP with Dark Alycte he'd take me. *Cough*

The skill I hate with a passion is mining, don't think I've gotten any significant amount of xp in that for well over a year. Any other skill I like getting xp in (points to skill total ;) ) My number 1 skill is slayer, it's good training, good fun killing different monsters each time and good money too.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

herblore, there is still no good way to train it.

+1 Herblore is the slowest skill to train (with the possible exception of runecrafting). Making 50 strength potions will put me up one level at level 34...unless your buying ingredients its incredibly slow.

Lol? herblore is not slow at all. if you have money you can buy get any level you want.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I don't find any skill boring, but farming and herblore are just so tedious. 66 herblore would be nice to have though, but I don't feel like spending millions on it. And gathering herbs is very annoying. I sometimes have a "farming mood" but then I get bored and stop training it for a week. I got 48-54 construction with tears, the portals are nice but after that the rewards don't outweigh the costs any more.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

w00t first post :D

My farming and construction are on 0xp each, can't honestly say i dislike them but i really cant be bothered to start.

Don't like hunter, you can't get anything particularly good from being a decent level.

Of all the combat stats, range is my least favourite. Takes so long to level up, and all those god darn arrow thieves :(

i+jellwin+i.png

i must say... if you find farming boring, you must not be doing it right :-k

anyways... only skill i find boring is construction and not so much boring as in yawn but more worried that all my gp are going to dissappear into my house :(

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

i must say... if you find farming boring, you must not be doing it right :-k

i agree.... Like someone said earlier plant and leave farming is that simple lol... i don't see why peope dislike a skill like that... Plant leave return in an hr or so WOW herbs..... for trees its a lil longer than that

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Nice to see that more people are actually defending farming now compared to when it first came out...

Watering isn't necessary. Failure rate is slightly higher, but flowers are much more helpful.

The least boring way to level is to buy/find tree seeds. I farm for about 15 minutes a day and get about 52k xp. (4 palms, one calquat) It would be much higher if I bought Magics. 10 magics a day = 138k xp for a total of 189k+ a day. Starting at level 75, it takes about 65 total "days" work, 40 total hours to 99. Magics are expensive though. This method costs up to 3 mil a day.

I have enough seeds in the bank to get to 85 in a few days. Then I'll take a break from farming.

Other than that, I can't stand Hunter. I got it to level 6 on my own then ToG took over. I am also not a fan of ranging. 1500+ skill total with 51 range.

toastedsplee.png

i find farming quite annoying... and until reasently, runecrafting... but really, after i started to train it to 50 for a quest... i started to like it :S

also, ranging is really boring :s and i will probably not toutch it again in a long time after i got 70 :S

back to farming... peers at bank... wtf? 60 irit seeds left to plant?!

what does you not do for herblore?? :P

Scherzo.png

I love farming <3: Mainly due to the fact it is indeed profitable, (well..not nearly as much as it was) ..But I like how you can walk away from your crops to do something else.

I don't like ranging..Or mining..Or construction..

I like Runecrafting but I don't like the people on the hill who so desperately want my glory. :-s

beckinessx.png

I used to hate herblore and farming till a friend showed me how fun and profitable they are when used together.

However I hate mining in a sense that I can't read these forums for more than like 20 seconds at a time while doing it

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Crafting, smithing, and hunting.

crafting - hard to get materials at decent prices with all the merchants.

smithing - exactly the same as it was in rsc.. plain and boring.

hunting - is O.K. until about level 63 where you have to sit at chinchompas for hours

I use to think thieving was pretty boring also, until i started playing pyramid plunder.

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1