Is Jagex Dying????

Sir_Gfdsa

Is Jagex Dying????

DISCLAMER: Anything I say could be proved against me but I do have evidence supporting me on issues. You have a right to disagree with me but please keep to your self or post on the forum topic. Thank you and have fun reading and decide for yourself.

Sitting next to a tree in my garden. Fletching peacefully one of my friends comes rushing though the door. She starts talk so fast I couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t read anything so I invited her in for tea and a talk. What she told me was not regular or rare. She just heard Jagex was dying. I have heard it a lot before. But this time I decided to investigate.

The first thing I decided to investigate was the website. And what better place to start then the polls. If any of you noticed the polls are becoming weirder and weirder. Who is your favorite old man? Getting a little out of hand. They still have good polls such as you favorite mini game? But the bad polls are becoming more and more is this a sign? I started to poll my friends on and they agree. I also found less and less people are voting.

Now I thought updates what about the updates. If a company is closing down they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t update the product. Not the case with Jagex. They have updated the game again and again and show no signs of stopping. Score on for no.

Where did I think to go next the forums not to investigate but to poll? I put up my poll in the general forum. Some of you might have seen it. The results were as follows 27 Yes Jagex is dieing. 14 said No Jagex isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t dieing. What do YOU think?

Where I went next was to the only guild I can get into the crafting guild. I started mining there for fun and brought some other items to have a good time with my friends there in tip. itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s home world. The subject the miners where talking about Jagex dying.

On the RSC rants forum rumored that over 600 people are quitting runescape to make Jagex have less money. I this rumor I would say this isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t going to happen but who knows. If this is for real here is the equation for 600 people. 600*5=$3000 if Jagex loses $3000 could that be a disaster. The answer is yes but a small one, very small. Maybe put 1 update off for a few days.

Or could Jagex die from us? Do we have that power? The answer is yes. If all members quit well lets say there are 70,000 members. 70000*5=$350,00 that could close down jagex in one year if from that many quit would be a loss of $4,200,000 thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a lot of digits! So now we have the power we could shut down Jagex. But will and could that come before they might shut down themselves.

So know you know about the website and how it might die. Or they might just have writers block. You know also know about many other things. Why I wrote this article was for ti.iters and runescapers to learn about a rumor and decide for themselves. I would never tell anyone what to think. You can think for yourself that is why you have a brain. So donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t PM me saying I am telling people what to believe.

But if Jagex is dying why is the game being operated? Why would the game be updated? If it isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t dying what is with the polls and the talk? Discuss it here.

A article that was turned down by Tip.it times for short and one sidedness.

This is in the right forum Kat and Tripis told me to post it here.

SIRSIG.gif

Lol, they banned kids from having an imagination

I LOVE THIS GUY HE IS SO COOL AND AWESOME AT EVERYTHING LIKE SIGS AVVYS AND BANNERS!!

Under.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex is a company same as all other companys say mcdonalds for instants the guy who made that company died many years ago but his company lives on, so if andrew decided he didnt want to do it anymore whats stopping a successor to his place to continue what hes done, i know these too companies are quite different but is also quite simular alot of companies don't just die unless they have money trouble which would be members all not paying anymore

enjin-197880-13470529531124777514-gray.png

Ex-Wilderness Guardian

Ex-Solace

Retired from F2P clans indefinitely

Why would we quit and destroy the game if we like it? Thats just silly. And there is a reason about asking who your fave old man is. Why make a new quest about the Weird Old Man if everyone prefers the Mysterious Old Man.

Jagex are not dying, and looking on the official forums to back you up is not a good idea. There are lots of noobs and whiners there.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

your thesis is that we could shut down Jagex.

Thats true, but you missed a main point. Why would we try to kill agame we love?

We could. :wall:

We wont. \'

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---

That was really hard to read, need to write in paragraphs and some of that just plain didn't make sense.

On-topic: There are more than 70,000 Members, no way would all of them quit. Some enjoy this game too much to just quit. I don't think they are falling down hill. The polls are wierd but they are probably still their for a reason and i don't see how that makes people thing Jagex is dying..

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

What an idiotic thread. Jagex is not dying. There's no WAY IN HELL they will for at least a year. and 600 people quitting?

OH NOEZ CALL PREZ BUSHZ!!!

They have 850k+ people. That's about ... what ... .1%? Less then that.

Going onto the Official Forums is idiotic. The people know nothing. They just follow what others say.

"liek i jst saw zezima in a rvr hez a jadez m0d"

"omg r u serious i alwys thot he ws"

Jagex is not dying.

:)

Your friend is an idiot, and they were right to reject your thread.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

I don't think Jagex is dying. They still have updates every week and they wouldn't dare ditch the game. I don't think this'll happen until people stop playing the game, which will probably be in another 10 years.

Also, their goal of making runescape compatible with different languages also shows signs that they're not closing down anytime soon.

On their web page, they're still accepting job applications. If they were dying, wouldn't they be working on firing people?

Jagex is growing not dying....

I agree with wakka. Jagex is actually growing a ton.

Jagex are not dying, and looking on the official forums to back you up is not a good idea. There are lots of noobs and whiners there.

Well, I don't know about that. If the forums were up to f2p, I'd agree, but these people are paying for membership. I don't think "noobs" would spend the cash when they could just bother f2p.

This is an interesting discussion. I want to hear what other people have to say...

No. when I started there were 80K people playing max. Now it's 200K+, so I think it's growing, not dieing.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Well, I don't know about that. If the forums were up to f2p, I'd agree, but these people are paying for membership. I don't think "noobs" would spend the cash when they could just bother f2p.

mamong is right. Trust me, I know the Official forums, I have 3.3k+ posts on there, and almost a years experience.

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

well, they're running out of poll topics, its been around so long :|

You're figures are a little off with members. like, not by 5000 or anything, more like 780,000 off. There are currently 850,000 members, 3000 dollars will literally not make a dent at all. Jagex is running out of ideas for updates, but what do you expect? I think they're still running strong, and there is really not much viable proof, they currently have pleanty of updates and such, doesn't matter if you the player don't like them, pleanty of people are fine with them.

What an idiotic thread. Jagex is not dying. There's no WAY IN HELL they will for at least a year. and 600 people quitting?

OH NOEZ CALL PREZ BUSHZ!!!

They have 850k+ people. That's about ... what ... .1%? Less then that.

Going onto the Official Forums is idiotic. The people know nothing. They just follow what others say.

"liek i jst saw zezima in a rvr hez a jadez m0d"

"omg r u serious i alwys thot he ws"

Jagex is not dying.

:)

Your friend is an idiot, and they were right to reject your thread.

:P

Anyway, Jagex isn't dying... Have you seen their yearly income??? And as people said, the official forums are horrible for support.

maxsig28nv.gif

I read a report a short time ago (a month or so bbefore Hunter) that some had offered 500M to buy jagex. 99% sure this is true and I will tyr to dig it out. Jagex will not suffer from losing ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3k.

sig5235ro7.jpg

On the RSC rants forum rumored that over 600 people are quitting runescape to make Jagex have less money. I this rumor I would say this isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t going to happen but who knows. If this is for real here is the equation for 600 people. 600*5=$3000 if Jagex loses $3000 could that be a disaster. The answer is yes but a small one, very small. Maybe put 1 update off for a few days.

First off, 3000$ lost from 600 members quitting would not even show up as a blip on their radar because of how quickly new players are coming in the game.

Secondly, it's no wonder your article wasn't chosen for anything special. You have no statistical data to backup your claims. All you have is here-say. Infact, I posses statistical data that says the exact opposite of what you're trying to say. Infact, the graph of the # of members is consistant with exponential growth ;)

just an fyi, according to a reputable news source... andrew gower is worth 32 million pounds or around 64 milion dollars

source : http://business.timesonline.co.uk/artic ... 14,00.html

Ive seen other articles estimating similar figures, but this is the only one I could find.

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

Where are you going with this? Seriously, you took a few isolated examples and used it as evidence that jagex is "dying"? By the way, I love the terminology. No - going into a crafting guild and seeing people talk about jagex "dying" isn't any evidence of anything. And neither is weird polls. I can't understand why so many people just love thinking up irrational conspiracy theories.