Is auto logout too strict?

n64jive

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!!!

I wish it gave you like 5 minutes so you could get somthing to eat/go to the bathroom without getting logged out. I actually found my self sprinting to the bath room, taking a super fast wizz and sprinting back just so i wouldnt have to type my 30 character password again only to sit down, and watch the log in screen appear, (LITERLY JUST AS MY BOTTOM HITS THE CHAIR)

I don't know why people who leave their computer's are complaining. Jagex do say, that you're not supposed to leave your game logged in while your not at the computer. If the game logs out while you aren't there.. boohoo.. thats your problem, not Jagex's.

FWIW, I've just tested the logout time for myself. I logged in, clicked on the Start playing button, then from when the game loaded on screen, it took 1 and a half minutes to logout without me touching the keyboard or mouse. I did it twice, exact same time for both. I then clicked to go somewhere else, and left it to log out again. 1 and half minutes again. The timer starts from your last mouse/keyboard command.

how is this p2p?

and u get like 45-1m seconds, not 20.

u get killed by random if u stya on for too long, u know to what that could lead

Not too long. It always seems that if i read a post of forums while logged on, I always switch back just to see my character getting his by a baguette

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

I don't know why people who leave their computer's are complaining. Jagex do say, that you're not supposed to leave your game logged in while your not at the computer. If the game logs out while you aren't there.. boohoo.. thats your problem, not Jagex's.

Exactly that point.

Check out Leesters' Story?

mazurizi.png

No I'm happy with the auto-log out, yes it's annoying when you're cooking or whatever. But logging in doesn't take that much time (altho I'm annoyed with it too :oops: ) And If there wasn't an auto-log out we'd just stand there. So friends can pm, etc. Also if you're just standing somewhere it could seem you're auto-ing. Auto fletcher maybe? (stringing, the things you do for xp but your character doesn't make any moves.) So autoers could have a little more free chances?

And if you're pee-ing (irl :P ) and you're standing in a spot. A plant/other random can appear and start killing you. So you can't log out and getting killed. Even a ring of life can't save you all the time. Usually it takes about 1 minute of active gaming (cooking fletching etc) to trigger a random, and if you're reading the forums you mostly don't got a random and if you do, you always notice quick. Or, you're logged out.

My opinion: If you're gonna pee or take the phone or something like that you just got to log off, for your own sake. (saving progress and be sure you won't get killed)

And last, the auto log out is unique. I don't know any other online game that has it. :D

Robert out. :)

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

I've never really had a problem with the log-out. If i'm woodcutting or fishing i'm able to read the forums and play another game at the same time without logging out, a quick window change and right click anywhere stops that.

It's not too hard to multi-task...

And Freshwacka is right about the peeing thing...

I think that while in combat the time is longer, since i've heard that you have plenty of time to go outside and have a smoke or go and pee.

I've also heard that the logout time use to be over 6 mins (6:26 to be exact) while in combat.

I don't know why it alters between different stuff that you do, i'll check it out later on if it's changed on combat too. I mean i'll ask around about it 8-)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Yes!!!

I wish it gave you like 5 minutes so you could get somthing to eat/go to the bathroom without getting logged out. I actually found my self sprinting to the bath room, taking a super fast wizz and sprinting back just so i wouldnt have to type my 30 character password again only to sit down, and watch the log in screen appear, (LITERLY JUST AS MY BOTTOM HITS THE CHAIR)

I hope you wash your hands <.<

You can't be logged out while in combat.

I'm sorry but are you serious?

If you go fight a constantly aggressive monster, say bandits, that hit low and hence you don't need to be eating and there's basically no chatting you will log out if you don't do something.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

I think combat refers to where you actually fight back. :roll: If you fight bandits with guthans and a god cape, you'll stay logged in for quite a while. Also, if you fight dagganoths with auto retalliate, you'll stay logged in until like when they stop being aggressive.

I think combat refers to where you actually fight back. :roll: If you fight bandits with guthans and a god cape, you'll stay logged in for quite a while. Also, if you fight dagganoths with auto retalliate, you'll stay logged in until like when they stop being aggressive.

J.T. got shank'd

77yLQy8.png

J.T. got shank'd

:cry:

My Guthans Spear has thanked the auto log-out button on the countless times that my computer decided to restart itself while I was DK'ing.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Yeah it's too strict. Personally I don't see why they have this rule, when they've already got loads of these random events to counter AFKers and autoers.

Maybe that's just the reason, Jagex doesn't want complaints about a guy losing this and that due to a random event because he decided not to log out when he took a dump.

Two minutes would be better... but still, not everything can be perfect or as you want it to be.