-===SNOW DAY===-

Ianw77

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah...? In Massachusetts (Boston Area), there hasn't been a single snow day yet. Maybe 3 snow falls. 2 were flurries. The other was about 2 inches on a Saturday morning. A place relatively famous for snow has no snow. (Even the ground and roads are covered in ice, and the last snow fall was a few weeks ago) Not a single blizzard has hit us.

But I love the fact that some of you guys are going crazy over snow days which you probably see as rare, while I see them as common. (Canadians, don't try to call me a wimp. I've been to Canada countless times during winter. That, plus it's not that much colder up there than here.You decide if that was sarcasm...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

You wimpy US people...thinking -9 is freezing! And you get a snow day? How imature (sp?) and rude!

Us Canadians are roughing it...it was -23 outside today and we went out for recess!

All of the above is a joke and meant to be funny. Please don't flame me. I know I spelt Imature wrong by the way... :wink:

But seriously, you think -9 is cold? Welcome to Canada mates! =D>

-9 is also known as 15F.

Luigisig.png

I hope you guys aren't getting confused on your temperature measurements.

Tmr here in Ohio it's going to be (or so they think) -1 F, which is what, -18 C? Then there's a 10-15mph wind...so tack on like -10F more to that.

Just so you know. 15F wouldn't get anyone canceled.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I just freaking walked to two malls and back in -30 (windchil mostly) degrees celcius, and nothing but my face is that cold. Suck it up you Americans (And no one lives in Alaska but scientist and crazy people)

Fine then, call me crazy.

And I'm definitely not a scientist.

I've had 3 snow days this year, those were the days when we had 2-3 feet of snow. :D

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

We have a mean superintendent of the school system so we never get snowdays even though we live in Northern New England....

but I skipped school today because I have back problems and I couldn't even walk without extreme pain :wall:

redbullsigortiz.jpg

:lol: Guess who gets a snow day tomorrow. \' .

About 50 CM of snow is expected, its about -27 with the wind chill out there, and i couldn't see 10 meters in front of the car on the way home from work....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Lucky. :P

We're hoping for one here tomorrow. There have been a lot of closings so far, but not so many in Oakland County yet. We're supposed to get like 3-8, with around 4-5+ being enough to close school.

About 50 CM of snow is expected, its about -27 with the wind chill out there, and i couldn't see 10 meters in front of the car on the way home from work....

Expected 50 Cm of snow. Mines something along those lines, but I think 20-30 cm. But all day it's been changing. This morning it was expected 20-30, then they went down to expected 5, now they are back at expected 20-30. They don't know what they are talking about.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Expected 50 Cm of snow. Mines something along those lines, but I think 20-30 cm. But all day it's been changing. This morning it was expected 20-30, then they went down to expected 5, now they are back at expected 20-30. They don't know what they are talking about.

:? I'll take a photo tomorrow, but seriously, i just jumped in the snow, and layed down. No one saw me.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Chicago isn't too nice right now

Snow day today

Blowing snow+ lake effect snow= hope for one tomorrow!

You will probably get we are getting. So ya,tomorrow or Thursday you should get one.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

If anyone wanted to know I live 15 minutes away from DAyton, Ohio.

Zomgz, I live 45 min. from Dayton!!!

It's a small world.

ON TOPIC: I had a snow day today, and I get another one tommorow!!! No sleeping ftw!

t3hshabster.png

If anyone wanted to know I live 15 minutes away from DAyton, Ohio.

Zomgz, I live 45 min. from Dayton!!!

It's a small world.

ON TOPIC: I had a snow day today, and I get another one tommorow!!! No sleeping ftw!

Same o-O. Cincinnati area. That's 3 this year; I'm content.

We had a 3 hour, then later a 7 hour blackout... kinda scary at night, especially with the whole neighborhood black... like a frozen hell o_O.

And we literally have an inch thick layer of snow-ice and a centimeter or so of clear ice on the top of the packing snow and that layer of snow-ice (or whatever it's called, it's white but won't budge). It's kinda freaky.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Americans always get snowdays for such wimpy reasons ;P

In canada, even if theres a foot of snow outside and minus 40 celcius with windchill, we go to school without whining.

2480+ total