The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

Don't you have to like pay to get DKP in Goon Squad though? Or did they get rid of that.

They've never had any of that. It was just an on-going joke between Goons and "pubbies" (non-Goons) - it was just the latter who believed it.

:oops: Ok then.

yeah I fell for that for a while too, back when I was new to the whole "goon" idea.

Do you just need to prove your SA membership to get in or something?

Tk5SF.png

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you have to like pay to get DKP in Goon Squad though? Or did they get rid of that.

They've never had any of that. It was just an on-going joke between Goons and "pubbies" (non-Goons) - it was just the latter who believed it.

:oops: Ok then.

yeah I fell for that for a while too, back when I was new to the whole "goon" idea.

Do you just need to prove your SA membership to get in or something?

Yeah. There's a whole subforum on SA dedicated to WoW (much better and more informative than the official WoW forums, imo), where there are threads for all the "goon guilds". Just post "I want in on this" in one of the guild threads followed by your username and you'll get an invite. You can also have close friends invited, so it's not strictly an SA-only guild.

It's quite fun to read the guildchat when they're messing with RPers (it's an RP-PVP server).

2009rb9.jpg

Speaking of goons, you ever watched the YOGScast? http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

Easily the funniest videos i've watched about WoW, they started off intending to make serious strat vids for sunwell bosses but kept wandering off the point so they gave up making them serious and talk crap all the way through.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Speaking of goons, you ever watched the YOGScast? http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueXephos

Easily the funniest videos i've watched about WoW, they started off intending to make serious strat vids for sunwell bosses but kept wandering off the point so they gave up making them serious and talk crap all the way through.

Oh god, no I hadn't seen these before. I like how they spend the entirety of the 3rd video talking about cupcakes, roll-on butter and weird American food, all while having a remixed techno version of "Geenie in a Bottle" playing in the background. The fact that one of the guys sound exactly like Russell Brand makes it even funnier.

On a slightly different note I didn't know the YOGS guild on The Venture Co. was still active. I'm good friends with the former rogue CL. He wasn't even a goon.

2009rb9.jpg

Oh god, no I hadn't seen these before. I like how they spend the entirety of the 3rd video talking about cupcakes, roll-on butter and weird American food, all while having a remixed techno version of "Geenie in a Bottle" playing in the background. The fact that one of the guys sound exactly like Russell Brand makes it even funnier.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Tk5SF.png

[sarcasm detector]

Haha, no I was quite serious. I guess they're funny in an absurd and stupid kind of way. Since, like kemikalkadet said, they're supposed to talk about boss strategies - not the difference between muffins and cupcakes.

e: upon reading my post again, it does have a bit of a sarcastic tone. My bad! The videos are genuinely entertaining!

2009rb9.jpg

Just had something I could actually call a good PUG. The only wipes we had really were:

1x Four Horsemen: Off Tank didn't have his mob back far enough, was just kind of screwy.

1x Grobulus: A Death Knight dropped a bomb in the middle of everyone, but still we got him to 100k hp when the OT had never done it before. (Death Knight ninja logged after and we got a good rogue)

1x Gluth: The Off tank actually fell through the hole before Gluth, and then died later on so he screwed us over on that.

2x Thadius: First time was just odd (OT took some odd damage) and second time was just the off tank plain not paying attention. We called the raid after that and decided to finish rest tomorrow.

But really, aside from a bad off tank we had some pro players in the group. We actually didn't wipe on Heigian (although it was me/tank/healer/lock left for like last 45% lol) and managed to clear the other 3 quarters easily. Sadly no loot really came to me so far, one upgrade that did drop I didn't win. but, still, we have the last 3 bosses at 10 tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Still I managed to pull an average of 2600dps on bosses (like patch with no extra rage) using THIS GEAR and pulled 3600 on Lotheb (Naxx 10, not 25). I don't really care about getting a ton of PvE gear so I was doing naxx with 570 resil. :thumbup: (topped meters in the PUG)

Also I should note that I'm almost ready for S6 I think. 3500ap, 27.4% crit, 161hit, 22.4k HP 650 resilience unbuffed in my PvP gear.

Well my first and second heigan kills were over 15 minutes, raiders never experience the fight and you can view tactic videos for that fight and still fail at the dance so it was like 3 paladins slowly wearing him away.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Your health bar is freaking huge lol.

You have no idea how badly I'm tempted to take that out of context and sig it.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Blizzard has their Mudkipz Win! joke up: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board ... 0001&sid=1 Just go to any thread.

It's just as bad as the zombie invasion, lol.

:lol: :lol:

Classy.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Blizzard has their Mudkipz Win! joke up: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board ... 0001&sid=1 Just go to any thread.

It's just as bad as the zombie invasion, lol.

We got "P1mp My Mount!". I didn't get it at first and was very much looking forward to my future raptor mount with flames on the sides.

Blizzard!! *shakes fist*

2009rb9.jpg

another week of no loot whatsoever. This is just [bleep] ridiculous : /

Is been a couple of months since i have got any new piece of loot...Cant believe you are whining unless you are pugging...If so get a guild.

tifsdac6mc.gif

So I got invited into 10 man naxx with my guild last night. We wanted to do plague first to get the dance boss out of the way. Unfortunately we had to stop at him as we wiped 3 or 4 times on him and then called it a night. It wasn't even our gear, and I was the only one that didn't know the dance, yet I picked it up fast. We just died due to lag.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Is been a couple of months since i have got any new piece of loot...Cant believe you are whining unless you are pugging...If so get a guild.

I need 1 item from naxx. Just one. I've needed it for 12 weeks, its drop chance is 18% and it hasnt dropped, and I'm the only person who needs it. That is, mathematically, unlucky.

Tk5SF.png

I need 1 item from naxx. Just one. I've needed it for 12 weeks, its drop chance is 18% and it hasnt dropped, and I'm the only person who needs it. That is, mathematically, unlucky.

Like the fact that The Turning Tide has dropped 6 times for our guild all in alt runs and the Torch of Holy Fire has dropped 4 times all in alt runs? :wall:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I'm so glad I went to Outland at 58, the gear from the quests is so much better than what I was getting from instances lol, Halfway to 60 now so hopefully will get that later and have over 1k gold too so can easily afford an Epic mount :D

Lol I like out dpsing an entire PUG naxx25 as a Fury warrior with 600 resil (PvP gear).

Was averaging 3000-3500dps per most bosses, 2800dps on patch (no extra rage) and 4500dps on Lotheb. :) Had just a perfect group for it, DK, paladins, feral druid (+ bleed damage, +crit), rogue (+crit poison). Was nice.

3500ap,233hit,28.6% crit, 623 resil, 22400hp unbuffed now in PvP gear. Got my Val chest tonight, and we stopped at military wing (going to pick it up sunday). Shaman roomate also got a new shoulders, chest and the spell power fist today. :P

Woooooooah. Mate got the Flawless Victor title. Gz to him. xD

I've been trying my hand at PvP, both BGs (for the mounts) and the Arena, mostly 2v2 and 3v3.

Top healing in most BGs, lol'ing at how 'tarded Arena is.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

This week I have been playing WoW like it's RS; Got Exalted with - Timbermaw - Argent Dawn - Cenarion Circle; giving me all the titles.