Quests!

aracnicos

I like quests. Actually I think doing a quest is more fun with a guide. I can't even think how many times I would've died in quests without a guide. I'd also be crazy from running so much more around... :anxious:

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i kinda find runescape boring now that i have done all quests

i just dont know what to do.

theres no motivation to level any skill anymore.

surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

same i level my total and thats really the only thing i do apart from barrows and stuff

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

I love doing quests and I love my quest cape. I actually take "quest freak" as a compliment and have used that to describe myself to several people. In fact, member quests are the only reason I got my membership way back when. \'

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Of course I agree, quests are important. I know one friend, he doesn't do quests till the guide comes out. I told him, "Oh come on, you use a quest guide for everything?" and he says "I want to know what I have to bring, so I don't waste time getting them later."

That's a part of being a quester!

-.-

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

Love questing. And when I dont do a quest, I set a completely useless goal for myself, like getting 4k chompy hat.. only 1.4k chompy's.... Soon.

I love the storylines, the humour.

I advice you to try out Mep2 without a guide, Its so much fun to get owned for a whole full 2 days, I talk from experience.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I love quests. They add variety to the game and break away from the boring, repetitiveness of skills. I don't understand why people won't do quests unless they have the quest guide. I think that's the best part of quests. Facing the unknown and having that shaking feeling when you're fighting a boss and you're about to die. To me that's what make quests fun. A little risk to get that adrenaline pumping. :mrgreen:

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

Even though I don't particurlarly find quests fun, I can wholeheartedly understand how others can. They are a story inside of a game, and they can sometimes bring some comedic elements into the game as well.

Personally, I would much rather skill then Quest, but, hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

*agrees*

:thumbsup:

Well people who do do quests get to miss out on Jagex's funny dialogue. Like this;

Hat.png

(The dialogue after defeating the Troll Queen with the Wise Old Man, referring to the Blue Partyhat he wears)

or...

FunnyQuestSS.png

or...

DrunkWordHole.png

or...

Jagexhumor-1.png

or...

Sissy.png

I love quests, and my Quest cape. ;)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Some of the list my be wrong but im 99% sure its right

Quest Cape Requirements List

Quest Points 235

Total level 1091

Agility ---------------56

Construction --------20

Cooking -------------70

Crafting -------------61

Farming -------------49

Firemaking ----------50

Fishing ---------------62

Fletching -------------50

Herblore --------------57

Mining ---------------60

Woodcutting ----------56

Runecraftng ----------50

Slayer ---------------42

Smithing -------------65

Thieving --------------53

Attack ---------------N/A

Strengh -------------50

Defence -------------40

Hitpoints -------------N/A

Prayer --------------47

Ranged ---------------60

Magic ---------------66

Hunter ---------------27

These are the highest requirements from all the quest so yeah I would say you have to like skills to do quests anyway, I always do the quest on day of release.

As we all know this list will grow making this cape harder to get.

People that use quest guides and have the cape make me sick <.<

You only need 66 Cooking, you can pot to 70.

I like most quests, they usually are a lot of fun. I dread them before i start them for some reason though :uhh:

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

You only need 66 Cooking, you can pot to 70.

So really its still 70 thats the requirement :? Was there any point in quoting my hole post?

I was putting up the requirements and that's what they are, you could use a spice from Evil Daves basement to get a +6 stat boost so you only really need 64 if your going to show off.

And the +6 from the spice's works with every skill on RuneScape.

To be honest, is this a debate? :-k

Everybody just agrees with each other, like quests are cool and stuff.

Personally, I don't like quests very much, too much "useless" walking IMO. But that's just me, it's a MMO and one of the very best thing of MMO's is people can choose what to do all by themselfes. I'm sure there is someone who finds me playing castle wars all day totally useless.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Sorry, i can't be answering to everyone but yes, the fun of quests, cuscenes, teh adrenaline of a quest is what makes them great. the laziness of other ppl that may even like quests but say ittakes to long is anoying. I have seen rantign to jagex like "Nobody asked for more quests.... more minigames!".

Jegex shows their sense of humour by quests, and I want they keep giving us more quests. Some rewards arent good for the things u waste on quest... my best reward is the honour of complete Mournign Ends, Desert Treasure, Legends... ALL OF THEM.

Good luck to all questers on getting cape

Peace and Love

qpcape.gif

well, here's something different to this

i use a guide on quests, mainly because i would prefer to learn the ingame history... i still have trouble with quests even with a guide, but i'm not one for challenging puzzles that could potentially kill you

that and certain areas and skill additions(including armors) are quite nice

i think that quest are a good break from skills. and they are good for when you wanna learn more about the storylines and become a more knowledgeable player. quest make you a more knowledgeable player and help you train total and get used to skills that you really don't like that much.

quest are sometimes fun because of the humor/strorylines and also the bosses are different from your everyday monster.

and to the person that said that the people that use guides shouldn't have the cape i usually use guides cause i'd rather not die or something. and what is the difference between using a guide then say a skill calc. think about it whats the difference between knowing the next npc to talk to and knowing that it takes 1304 lobs to get your next fishing level.

but i don't like when people say "quest points?" to try to make up for thier lame skills.

StarViv.png

I absolutely LOVE quests! :D These are about the only reason I play Runescape. I spend all of my time either doing quest, getting levels for quests, getting items for quests, annoying my higher level friends whith my qp :XD:.

206+ qp at lvl 82 ftw \:D/

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I !love! quests, quests are what gives the game a storyline, they are not "Do X!" they are "Do one!" they keep you intrested.

I personally used to use quest guides...... never again..... I regret it so much! I have missed out on the story, and I cannot repeat it.

Some quests i agree are HARD MEP2 without quest guides is a very challenging and GOOD quest. I personally did it without guides, man it took along time! and I did need the odd tip fromt he forums.... but I did it my self, and it makes you happy.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Runescape is not a game of quests;but

it is not a game of solid skilling

without quests you would not have skills suchas Runecrafting or Herblore

but without certin skills many quests could not be acomplished.

like monke madness :wall:

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

While I think quests are one of the most important elements in RuneScape, it is certainly a skill-based game, where you repetitively click millions of times, advancing your levels, working for wealth.

But Quests are an important part of RuneScape, and generally offer a refreshing break from the monotomy of skilling.

im a big fan of quests too. I have the cape, although regrettably I did use a guide for quite a few of them. Normally, I just use a guide to prod me in the right direction, I hate being walked through the whole thing, although ME2 I did use a guide for pretty much the entire quest. Part of me regrets not having more of a go on my own, but I would have been much more inclined to do the puzzles if there had not been all those monsters hitting you when trying to figure it out.

Nowadays, I complete the quests as soon as they come out (partly so i can wear my cape again) but also so I can do it before the guides come out, so I can't be tempted to cheat!

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Take a break from training all day, and take a quest on, right? :wink:

Quests are the things that keep us alive in Runescape. You have fun with friends if you do the quests with them, and you get VERY good rewards, such as money, items or experience in skills (thank you) :pray:

Quests are one of my favorite things to do on a daily basis, until I run out of them on my cousins account. (I'm F2p, my cousin has a P2P account).

So no doubt about it, quests are the best! :thumbsup:

This statement is true. Below is false.

This statement is false. Above is true.

Both statements above are contrapositive.

The below is false.

Life's a mystery... ain't it? You know math... figure it out.