Had a run-in with a fox or somethin

terley

lol I was workin tonight (at a shop), finshed an hour ago and closed up. Got a train home and from the station I got off at its 20 minutes walk to my house.

Its pitch black with a few street lights in the distance and I notice two eyes across the road, I thought it was a cat or something but it started running in my direction. I thought; 'oh god a stray dog..' but it wasn't barking, it was like hissing or something, definately a fox or somethin.. I crossed over the road and started walkin fast to get out its way, but it was chasin me haha.. I was actually pretty scared, it wasn't like a small fox it was like the size of an alsation or something, I'd say it was a wolf but we dnt get wolves around where I live.

Well I got in safe but seriously, that was scary..

vistame09copyhr8.png

Are you in the US? UK? Australia? I might be able to guess what it is.

If US then it was probably a coyote or bobcat.

If UK it was probably a fox, weasle (not sure about weasle) or stray dog that hisses or something new.

If Aus then it might of been a Tasmanian devil, Queensland tiger or Thylacine.

I highly doubt it was a yowie or bigfoot or what-not:

northern_sasquatch_003_flipped_web.jpg

i live in the uk, I figured foxes were smaller than that, certainly looked like one.

edit- jst researched foxes, they do look pretty big.. jeez It definately was a fox.. the one I saw looked all tatty and evil tho haha.

fox026012.jpg

vistame09copyhr8.png

Yeah a fox seems reasonable.

Living in Alaska, I've gotten quite use to having bears around, but they still manage to scare me some.

I've actually touched a bear. Smelly things...

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

heh, i saw a fox fight and filmed it on my camera recently. though it was too dark to show up on camera i still got the sounds (pretty weird sounds too). at one point they were up on their hind legs pushing each other :S maybe it's a competition for a mate or somthing.

joshuatreenr9.jpg

Once, on my backpacking trip, someone had the bright idea of eating a bu-yon cube (pretty much 100% pure salt), and he tried to down it. Unfortunately, he promptly vomited it up. The next morning, we see a fox roaming around having a little snack, right at the vomit spot :-#

Yeah...things like that never mess with humans, unless they're desperate, out of food, and are having their habitat enroached on. In one way, I think they should stay away - but in another way, i realize it's getting harder and harder for them to do so.

sig2.jpg

Fox pelts sell well around here. Trapping FTW. I'd have been scared, too. Rabies, eh! I had to shoot a few raccoons recently because they were rabid. God it got scary when I thought they bit my dog. >_

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

I met a bear in the woods on 2 different times but luckily I was with people and we knew how to get away(rule 1 NEVER RUN BACK TO BEAR!)

2. I thought wolves were harmless unless provoked?

I have cougars here, alot more dagerous if met in a dark alley. Your best bet is to make alot of noise. With bears you can make alot of noise and play dead.

I live in a city of about a million people. My scariest experience in the city is I was on a walk down my street late at night and it was really dark. As I am walking along I suddenly hear this thrashing crackling noise coming right at me out of a huge oak tree I was under. I can make out a large dark object coming right down on top of me. It scared me so bad I actually yelled a little as I ran out from under it. I was about 5 or 10 feet away when it lands with a thud in the road exactly where I had been standing and stays perfectly still. I am frozen solid trying to analyze what on the heck it is. After probably 20 seconds it flies into a nearby tree and turns out to be a big owl. I can still make out something in the road where it was so I stay frozen. After a few more moments it flies away as well and is another owl. It takes off into the tree the first owl flew to. After some more waiting I hear a crashing noise and some "interesting" sounding hooting going on.

Yep... I almost had two owls mating land on my head as they tumbled out of the tree while mating.

The other scary encounter I had with a wild animal was back in the day in Boy Scouts we went to Yellowstone. One morning we woke up and stepped out of the tent only to realize we were face to face with a female moose and her calf that had wandered into our campsite. We looked at it, she looked at us, we thought "Oh crud!", she thought "Protect my baby!", she charged, we ran and scattered. After about 20 yards of being chased she went back to her baby. Moose are HUGE!!!!!! You don't realize how gigantic they are until one is 5 feet from you trying to kill you. It had to be 7 or 8 feet tall at least. It's like being charged by a deer the height of a kid's league basketball goal.

Walked up on a black bear once as well on a hike but it was fat, happy, and munching away on something in a dead log so we just kept on our way.

Ambassadar.png

Haha I hope your kidding...

Tasmanian Devil = Tasmania only (and they are quite small)

Queensland tiger = WTH?

Thylacine (Aka Tasmanian Tiger) = Long extinct...

Only thing in Australia it could have possibly been is a Dingo or stray dog or a fox maybe... A few have been spotted in my area over the last couple of years

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

Haha I hope your kidding...

Tasmanian Devil = Tasmania only (and they are quite small)

Queensland tiger = WTH?

Thylacine (Aka Tasmanian Tiger) = Long extinct...

Only thing in Australia it could have possibly been is a Dingo or stray dog or a fox maybe... A few have been spotted in my area over the last couple of years

1) But they still make wierd noises.

2) A marsupial that lives in northern Queensland, is about the size of a domestic dog and looks like cross between a thylacine and a tiger.

Pikchur:

tiger.jpg

3) Or so you think.

Or so I think? People say they have seen them, yet to be proven that they are still out there, so they are extinct until proven otherwise

And that picture, I'm pretty sure that's a Tasmanian Tiger...

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

1) But they still make wierd noises.

2) A marsupial that lives in northern Queensland, is about the size of a domestic dog and looks like cross between a thylacine and a tiger.

3) Or so you think.

1)Tasmanian Devils are wild scavengers, one wouldn't be found chasing a human down a street in a city.

2)The Queensland Tiger is a cryptid.

Wiki says:

Cryptids are creatures presumed extinct or hypothetical species of creature known from anecdotal evidence and/or other evidence insufficient to prove their existence with scientific certainty.

3) The Last living Tasmanian Tiger died in captivity in 1936.

I like foxes, they look cool yet also slightly evil.

I live in the west country so quite often ill see a fox skulking about at night or in the garden. I wouldnt wanna go face to face with one though.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i'v never seen a worf

u r a lucky guy

anyway, thats too dangerous

u r scared?

relax, u r safe now :boohoo:

You've never seen a Worf? You obviously need to watch Star Trek.

Also, you need to learn how to type.

Urban foxes are quite common in the UK, as more and more foxes leave the countryside (usually because it has been built on) to scavange out of peoples dustbins etc.

I reckon you did see a fox, although the hissing bit is weird. A fox usually makes a sound like a screaming child or someone getting hurt - that sounds really scary when ur tucked up in bed at night :ohnoes:

tattoosigva4.th.png