Dynamic Signatures now illegal... or are they?

Jard_Y_Dooku

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, we cant use those sigs... but i wont do anything unless they shut down runeweb.net or draynor.net or those websites pull them off...

thats the reality, but that is really sad....

pssst.... wanna to do a riot, anyone? :twisted: maybe on the next TET event?

They can't just shut down a site because it has a dynamic signature on it. Just because it's related to their game doesn't mean they own it.

Yeah there is a part about fansites in the KB somewhere I'll find it and edit part in that would be relevent.

Please note that ALL fansites are entirely separate from RuneScape and Jagex and we are NOT responsible for any content which appears on them.

So technically this means they can't do anything about them, right?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

They can't just shut down a site because it has a dynamic signature on it. Just because it's related to their game doesn't mean they own it.

They can when it is stealing money from them. Hell, they have legal grounds for a lawsuit (checked with one of my lawyer friends). At least they are giving everyone a chance to clean up.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Oh...I can't view my own stats when I'm not playing the game anymore...that's sad... :boohoo:

i know. lets complain over the forum because we dont like what jagex says even though we play their game. i always wanted to view my stats on a forum for everyone else to see even though jagex clearly explained why they are doing this. :boohoo: and yes i sense your sarcasm aswell

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

They can when it is stealing money from them. Hell, they have legal grounds for a lawsuit (checked with one of my lawyer friends). At least they are giving everyone a chance to clean up.

Following the different threads on this subject from the start, I had no intentions to post.. However, seeing that most people here are rushing to conclusions:

Barihawk, ask your socalled 'highplaced' Jagexfriends to state all do's and dont's concerning this subject on the frontpage (or at least a referral to it) and till that time stop making people believe that the use of statsigs is worse than robbing old ladies...

pfff

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

I really don't mind losing dynamic signatures, custom sigs are much better :P

My own signature tells much more than a boring list of skills, and it obviously required no effort whatsoever. :roll:

EDIT: Boring QP cape replaced with mah hawt new siggeh 8-)

Why do most people immediatly say "ZOMG Jagex again did something total wrong!" If you actually read it, it says it eats loads of bandwitch, which is pretty expensive. Also about the bookmark things you're actually saying it's unfair they removed such an huge advantage compared to other users.

You're just complaining you get excactly the same as all the other players.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

At first I was a bit peeved, but I think it is a good update in a way as it should inspire people to be more creative with their sigs, so I'm gonna start making a new 1 soon...

But the Bookmarking thingy, now thats annoying! :evil:

Chevroi - Formerly Japlin69

My Old Blog

Dolores Umbridge controls Runescape :ohnoes:

seriously, I thought Jagex learned a lesson on January 1st 2007 but it seems like they must be hitting hard on 3rd part softwares including SS. It can be positive or negative depending on how you look at it but you should also notice that many people say "I got hacked" a lot more often than average.

Even that or they have a grudge against dynamic sigs which is silly.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Proof?

To be honest I seriously doubt that your "lawyer friend" knows what he's talking about if he told you this, but when I see proof I'll believe you.

lulz @ rs

If its true half of their bandwidth is taken up by 1% of users just spamming highscore look ups for their sigs, then HELL YEAH stop that.

I'd rather have a LESS LAGGY GAME than be able to see whatever the hell random-person-i-dont-care-abouts stats are today

Proof?

To be honest I seriously doubt that your "lawyer friend" knows what he's talking about if he told you this, but when I see proof I'll believe you.

I'm pretty sure you can take down a website if you ping it enough.

In fact I believe some people actually threaten to ping sites and take them down if a ransom is not recieved.

Now, take into consideration how much damage pinging a site can doand then think. Do you not think Jagex could force them to remove something like this? Unless they've given permission I think Jagex has a lot of power over this situation.

If you want to moan about dynamic sigs, you forfeit the right to EVER complain about lag. ANYWHERE.

Its not a stupid rule, i would rather have less lag than see your oh-so-important sig. And if its sigs that are causing lag - and they could EASILY be changed to static ones, dont say they couldnt - then youre just straight up selfish

Looks like Bloodveld just started a new trend :lol:
YES! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You have the best sig ideas!

Thank you!

(Psst! Love the idea, but technically what you're doing is copyright infringement. Please mail $19.99 to Intercourse, Pennsylvania.)

Thanks for the sig!

sig1.png

Yay thanks

Homemade sigs are the coolest

Bloodveld's sigs own 8-)
Awesome sigs guys! Send your small donations of $19.99 to my home in Intercourse, Pennsylvania.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I don't profess to be any kind of expert on the subject, but if dynamic sigs are having the effect that Jagex say they are (and I have no reason to doubt them), then they sound practically tantamount to a DOS (Denial of Service) attack on their servers (though I am not suggesting, of course, that this was ever the intention), or at least similar in their effect.

In which case no-one can blame Jagex for taking action to prevent them, and they may indeed have a case for legal action as Barihawk says.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg