UEFA Champions League/Cup - Euro 2008 - Leagues & Cups

Risen_The

And thanks NFL for keeping the pitch in perfect condition for such an important game! :o

The churned up areas of the pitch were clearly outside the markings left after the NFL game. :wink:

Yeah, where the 50 man bench + cheerleaders were, sitting and warming up.

Cheerleaders =P~

loverrrzp8.jpg

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that this'll will ever happen,but I think shearer would make a great manager. Anyone agree?

Not England certainly. We need a manager who knows what hes doing, one whos tactically sound and can get the best out of his players. Mclaren is a donkey and has never been good enough to lead a leading country in world football. Hes a disgrace to England and a disgrace to football, should be sacked on the spot and get a proper manager in.

Hmm i think shearer would cope pretty well tbh

And thanks NFL for keeping the pitch in perfect condition for such an important game! :o

The churned up areas of the pitch were clearly outside the markings left after the NFL game. :wink:

At the end of the day, Bubsa, it's not the NFL that are at fault. That pitch is owned by the FA. If they're honestly considering putting a bid forward to host the World Cup, and that's our best ground, wouldn't have made sense to hold the NFL game at another ground? Say, the Emirates or Old Trafford?

The FA knew the tendancy NFL games have of churning up pitches when they accepted their offer...

Not that this'll will ever happen,but I think shearer would make a great manager. Anyone agree?

Not England certainly. We need a manager who knows what hes doing, one whos tactically sound and can get the best out of his players. Mclaren is a donkey and has never been good enough to lead a leading country in world football. Hes a disgrace to England and a disgrace to football, should be sacked on the spot and get a proper manager in.

Hmm i think shearer would cope pretty well tbh

Does Shearer even have any managerial badges? We need someone like Capello, Lippi or Mourinho who know exactly what they're doing and can turn england into a tactically astute side. At the moment the side is picked too much on the "star" factor with players like gerrard and lampard consistently playing poorly but getting in the side. The teamwork is abysmal, they play like a group of strangers and mclaren can't even make them run themselves into the ground for their country. Shearer would be a good assistant or in the setup but isn't ready for such a massive job IMO. We need someone who isn't scared to drop a few and play the youngsters who deserve to be in the side.

I feel like im talking similarly to how i thought about Jol losing his job at spurs, i'm happy with Ramos because hes tactically what spurs needed, its the same with england.

What do you mean about the pitch? It suited England's tactics (Long ball to Crouch) far better than Croatia's slick, quick and on the floor passing game.

It didn't really suit any tactics. You can't play football, even a long ball game on a pitch like that. It sounds terrible how I'm making excuses, I'm just annoyed about how we were outplayed so badly but sadly McClaren just got it all wrong. <.< The whole English game needs overhauling, starting right down at the bottom.

Sorry to be unpatriotic but i'm really not bothered that England are out. At the time, I was tucking into a huge taco meal at Chiqito's and didnt actually find out until this morning.

Football's a woman's sport anyway. Maybe it'll stop loads of drunken pillocks causing trouble around town too about the time of euro 2008.

logo.jpg

At the end of the day, Bubsa, it's not the NFL that are at fault. That pitch is owned by the FA. If they're honestly considering putting a bid forward to host the World Cup, and that's our best ground, wouldn't have made sense to hold the NFL game at another ground? Say, the Emirates or Old Trafford?

The FA knew the tendancy NFL games have of churning up pitches when they accepted their offer...

You assume that I was blaming the pitch, where if you would have read what I posted on the previous page (albeit in regards to rugby):

British teams and many continental teams are always first to blame the referees, then look at their own failings. Champion South American nations are the opposite. Who's won most World Cups?

Same for rugby. Australia were on the receiving end of some extremely contentious decisions versus England and, evidentally, lost. New Zealand went straight to the ref's mistake rather than their own administrative failings. South Africa conducted themselves professionaly throughout, whereas England (in this World Cup) did not, with inner squabling, public outbursts and, in the final, blaming of the video ref; despite the correct call being made.

Name me the teams who've won the World Cup more than once, please.

It's the same with all sports throughout history - you know the true quality of the team by the way they take defeat. The only exception here is the Italy 06 squad and their league that year - due to them paying the referees in the first place!

You would have known I do not endorse that attitude, whatsover. The riposte I gave you was to highlight the falseness of your claim.

You also assume that I actually gave a crap about England.

Although, my reign of not supporting England due to a promise I made a friend (If McLaren got the job, I would cease until he left) has come to an end. However, there's only two loves for me: Liverpool Football Club and Rugby. They win everytime.

Maybe it'll stop loads of drunken pillocks causing trouble around town too about the time of euro 2008.

Amen, pal.

No one has mentioned Martin Oneil lol.... heard rumours a few months back that he was considered for the England job.

O'Neill not interested in England

Honestly, I don't think they'll care whether the manager is one who promotes an attractive brand of football - it's all a results-first business now.

cescsig.jpg

No one has mentioned Martin Oneil lol.... heard rumours a few months back that he was considered for the England job.

O'Neill not interested in England

Honestly, I don't think they'll care whether the manager is one who promotes an attractive brand of football - it's all a results-first business now.

Arsenal is a dying breed *sniff*

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

here are the pots for the European World Cup Qualifiers, the draw takes place today at 3pm GMT

Pot One

Italy

Spain

Germany

Czech Republic

France

Portugal

Netherlands

Croatia

Greece

========================================

Pot Two

England

Romania

Scotland

Turkey

Bulgaria

Russia

Poland

Sweden

Israel

Pot Three

Norway

Ukraine

Serbia

Denmark

Northern Ireland

Republic of Ireland

Finland

Switzerland

Belgium

Pot Four

Slovakia

Bosnia-Herzegovina

Hungary

Moldova

Wales

FYR Macedonia

Belarus

Lithuania

Cyprus

Pot Five

Georgia

Albania

Slovenia

Latvia

Iceland

Armenia

Austria

Kazakhstan

Azerbaijan

Pot Six

Liechtenstein

Estonia

Malta

Luxembourg

Montenegro

Andorra

Faroe Islands

San Marino

Greece

England

Finland

Cyprus

Kazakhstan

San Marino

will do me

the 2010 world cup qualifying groups draw

Group 1 Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Albania, Malta

Group 2 Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg

Group 3 Czech Republic, Poland, NORTHERN IRELAND, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino

Group 4 Germany, Russia, Finland, WALES, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein

Group 5 Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia

Group 6 Croatia, ENGLAND, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra

Group 7 France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, Austria, Faroe Islands

Group 8 Italy, Bulgaria, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Georgia, Montenegro

Group 9 Holland, SCOTLAND, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Iceland

not a terrible group for England (Croatia again!).

Cant see Scotland getting anywhere in there group though

Haha right then. I'm pretty pleased with our group, could've been a lot worse. England have a tough group with having Croatia and Ukraine.

Anyway I'm in a good mood. Dunfermline Ath 2-3 St Johnstone. Challenge cup champions 8-) Nerve wracking at the end like. Firt cup win in our history, even if it is the diddy cup. :P

sig2ho7.jpg

Another perpetually over-confident Englishman. Thats a harder group than you had for the Euro 2008 qualifying.

As for us, not too bad, could've been worse. Holland aren't easy but we beat them a while back (even with Bertie Vogts in charge which is a miracle) and hopefully we can repeat that. Norway can be a handfull but I'd prefer them to

other teams in their pot (ie. Ukraine & Serbia) and Iceland are always unpredictable. I'm pretty confident we can atleast take a playoff place out of this though.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)