Family Guy Vs The Simpsons Vs South Park

RayOxide

Which is your fave? These 3 "animated" sitcoms have been around for ages, and have entertained us all, yet, there can be only one winner, Of..

Ray's Animated Sitcom Comp

Family Guy:

Pros: flashbacks, make it very funny.

They always make me laugh. (Unlike The Simpsons...)

It's on Cable TV In Australia alot!

Cons: Not very many episodes in comparison to the other 2 TV Shows, which means chances are, you've seen them on Cable.

The Simpsons:

Pros: Entertained for a very long time.

Has a highly-anticipated movie coming out.

It's on Cable TV in Australia alot!

Cons: Not very funny (In comparison)

We haven't heard Maggie speak (Only once or twice.. Not good enough, I know it's a plot, but still irritating)

South Park:

Pros: Over 10 long years of funny stereotypes, and 'one of' the most Contreversial* shows on TV.

It's on Cable TV in Australia alot!

Watching the same episode over and over never gets boring.

Cons: The creators (I think, Matt Stone, and Trey Parker) have been sued by numerous Actors, and Actress' etc.

Too many racial slurry's and too stereotypical.

My Favourite:

Family Guy

What is your fave? Out of these 3 entertaining shows?

Family Guy:

The Simpsons:

South Park:

~Ray

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Simpsons are classic.

Family Guy is relatively new and is funnier than the Simpsons because they push the boundaries.

South Park is funny but not as funny as Family Guy.

I would love to say The Simpsons but after watching Family Guy a lot lately it's hard to fund The Simpsons funny. They were funny in their prime.

My vote - Family Guy

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Simpsons is getting a bit bland and boring. I dont think ive seen a new episode for ages either. Family guy is very funny but most of the jokes ceom from the non sequitur and random skits that pop up in the middle of somethign else. Anyone can make a pop culture or 80's reference and make it funny, the jokes arnt always down to good writing. South Park is probably the most unique of the three and the latest series the writers have really been on form but they do seem to be straying into spoof territory a bit too much.

My favourite though would have to be Family Guy

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Family Guy hands down, South Park 2nd place and Simpsons 3d.

I hate the Simpsons right now, I'm so sick of them, except for the occasional funny Homer moment it's always so sentimental.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Family Guy hands down, South Park 2nd place and Simpsons 3d.

I hate the Simpsons right now, I'm so sick of them, except for the occasional funny Homer moment it's always so sentimental.

You're like, a better, cooler, smarter, older version of me!

Or am I a lamer, geekier, dumber, younger version of you....?

Family Guy was good in it's first run. Since it's come back to TV, though, I feel the characters are more one dimensional, and that alot of the plot development is just gag-to-gag-to-gag. Not that I look to far into a Family Guy episode, but when you have Lois making "9/11" jokes that aren't even funny, it gets kinda lame. Their first three seasons were their best.

I don't hate the show, though. I still watch it. I just feel they've lost some quality in exchange for a few jokes.

The Simpsons had a great run until around season 10-11. Homer's character's changed alot, becoming more stupid than confused-parent-who-acts-stupid (like season 4, 5). It's still an alright show, worth watching, but the newer episodes can be pretty tedious. The season finale, for example (Not the 24 one) was pretty hard to watch. It's sad to see the characters I've watched since a baby go this way, but hey. I still have the dvds. ;P

South Park is like a reverse Simpsons, except it's starting was better. And it usually gets better with each season. Even though at times it seems like they just want to see how controversial they can be, it's a very entertaining show, and the satire in it is DEAD on.

My ratings:

Old Simpsons

South Park

(King of the Hill ;P)

Old Family Guy

New Family Guy

New Simpsons

thesip2.jpg

It really has

The thing with family guy i reckon is that it's really funny at first, but then gets boring fast.

I would have to say South Park is the best, then the Simpsons (Homer Simpson is the funniest character ever created) and then Family guy.

However i prefer Futurama over The Simpsons and Family guy.

iteme3721.jpg

^ I never got into American dad really.

My vote goes to South park with a close second to Futurama.

I love Family guy but the latest seasons have just been bland. It also is a bit too random at times (even though I loved and have laughed incredibly hard at certain scenes).

The Simpsons is a classic but I've enjoyed Furturama and South park better.

If it was purely off of how hard I've laughed at something I might say family guy but I love the characters in South park and Furutama and the episodes are more than just a running line of gags. Family guy is kind of like watching a standup routine for 30 mins.

Well, I used to be a large fan of The Simpsons. But, they were never funny enough in my opinion. I pride myself in seeing every single episode of South Park and Family at least once (thank god for TiVo), and with no doubt, South Park is the funniest in my personal opinion. The way South Park pushes the limits is just awesome (did you know Saint Peter was a rabbit?). Always insulting someone, and never politically correct.

My Lineup as follows:

1.) South Park

2.) Family Guy

3.) The Simpsons

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Futurama is under the category of The Simpsons

Armerican Dad is under the categiry of Family Guy.

I, for one, look forward to The Simpsons' movie, because it will signal the overdue end of a tired, exhausted, jumped-the-shark, sell-out, unfunny series. The last time I laughed at an episode was in Series 4. How long ago was that?!

Futurama is under the category of The Simpsons

Armerican Dad is under the categiry of Family Guy.

Seen lots of those 'cuz of my TiVo records 'em all. All 5 are great shows.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I, for one, look forward to The Simpsons' movie, because it will signal the overdue end of a tired, exhausted, jumped-the-shark, sell-out, unfunny series. The last time I laughed at an episode was in Series 4. How long ago was that?!
I know what you mean by that but I will always find Homer funny. BUt your right, the others were tired out early on.
iteme3721.jpg

I know what you mean by that but I will always find Homer funny. BUt your right, the others were tired out early on.

You're right there, some characters will always go on. It's pretty much the abstract things about him though that are funny, like the one-liners. Even the storylines around him have plummeted.

1. Family Guy

2. Futurama

3. Simpsons

That's for funniest

but i like the simpsons newest episodes not only are they funnier than the rest of the episodes but i have'n't already seen them 10 times...

by the way i dont find south park that funny, except the WoW episode, it was so true to life

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....