Rollback due to RC glitch

For the last 10 minutes you got 1k exp per essance in the dunguen, I was rcing for exp anyway and made 100 earth runes 20 deaths and 40 astrals (for veng) then suprisingly i had gained 200k rc exp... People in my team abused this heavily and have got 99 within minutes.

I see a rollback coming!

Rainy_Day edit:

More information;

Hi,

A recent update for the Dungeoneering skill has generated a bug that causes significant increases in XP gain.

As a result, we shall temporarily be closing down the servers until this issue can be resolved. When the servers come back up with this bug fixed, we shall also be rolling back everyone’s entire save game state to the point where this bug was introduced (which should be no more than about 30 minutes’ worth).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

The High Scores tables have been rolled back to 1am GMT. This only effects the high scores temporarily. As soon as people log back in, the accurate figures (from 17:24 GMT) will be displayed.

Mod Nexus - Edit:

There will definitely be a rollback to just before the servers rebooted with the latest update approx 17.23 BST. This will take a while as there's a lot of data to copy from our storage system to the login servers.

I'll keep you informed on this thread.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see a rollback coming!

Ya ;)

A recent update for the Dungeoneering skill has generated a bug that causes significant increases in XP gain. As a result, we shall be temporarily be closing down the servers until this issue can be resolved. When the servers come back up, we shall also be doing a rollback to the point where this bug was introduced (which should be no more than about 30 minutes’ worth). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Link

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

My only question is will they still ban the people that really abused it on principle, or will they let is slide since they're doing a rollback?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My only question is will they still ban the people that really abused it on principle, or will they let is slide since they're doing a rollback?

Kind of difficult to work out who abused it for the sake of it.

Alot of people would of just been making their runes, and if you make up to a thousand naturally itd be a bit of a slap if you got banned for it.

Yeah, so many have done this "bug" I think for them to ban. Pretty much everyone who was playing at the time I'm sure did some Runecrafting.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I doubt a ban, because that'll include maybe.. 50k people ATLEAST? - i mean there was like 150k online?

I doubt they'd ban too, I think most people didn't really do it on purpose. There are exceptions, but I think that Jagex would have a hard time differentiating between the two.

Is this the first rollback ever? I can't say I remember any other ones.

I feel bad for the guy who just got a d claw drop or something, since someone probably did. That would suck so much.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

i was videoing my dunguening at the time... but i dont want to show it for fear of being shown "abusing". Maybe after the rollback goes through...

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Hmm, oops! Something slipped up somewhere, people must have had fun seeing such high-levels from a skill like RC, obviously glad they're rolling back! :)

Im fine with the rollback.

runetrackrcglitch.png

went to afk some runes in the dungeon and come back to see I got 700k xp this session.

I already had 99 rc so I didn't level or have anyway of knowing that I was getting massive xp.

4e0Vn.png

seriously...i made like 3k death runes and didn't get any exp other than normal :mellow:

It only worked for a few min before exp went back down. I got 75-82, then got more ess and exp was much lower.

I find it funny how people are asking for people who used this to be banned. I sometimes forget what the runescape community (RSOF, not so much tif) is like. I don't understand why they want other people banned? Why not be happy that you didn't use it yourself?

C1Geq.png

Is this the first rollback ever? I can't say I remember any other ones.

I feel bad for the guy who just got a d claw drop or something, since someone probably did. That would suck so much.

Naw, I remember they rolled back a couple years ago. Not sure exactly why though.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool