Rollback due to RC glitch

omg i put in so much work going from 1-62 rc in 10 seconds! rollback amg ragequit4life@@@@ ragege3gesrarageee. jk.

but honestly, i thought that i was gonna get banned, not rb'd =[

but w/e. guess ill have to spend 4 months gettin 62 rc. i say 4 months because im f2p, i play maybe an hour total a day now (like...get on for 10 mins at at ime a few times a day) and rc is the last thing i wana do.

I like getting hard when I PK

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is, How could this have happened anyway? It's not like it was a simple decimal being shifted over 1 from 1 to 10 exp per ess, it was 1 to 1000, if it was a decimal problem, why does Jagex even care about 3 decimal places?

Although, in the Game Update notes during the update that 'broke' the exp Jagex did say they were altering the RC exp rates, but still, 1000x what it was seems like more then a simple mispalcing a '.'.

rollllllllllllinnnnnnn

Anywayz wasn't on when it happened, they probably won't ban anyone.

As for Roll Backs I heard there has been under 6 Universal roll backs. (I've been in a server rollback which only was affected by 1 world)

6590ew.jpg

I don't want to see anyone banned for this, there has been a rollback so noone gained any advantage but other people will have lost out on slayer drops, trades, exp in other skills so I think a punishment is deserved. Abusers should be banned from training the new skill for 2 weeks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Appearantly Jagex can't get their decimal places right today, rather then rolling back 30 minutes it looks more like 300 minutes... :wall:

I see a fair number of people quitting after this who were on the fence because of the skill.

Mod Nexus - Edit:

There will definitely be a rollback to just before the servers rebooted with the latest update approx 17.23 BST. This will take a while as there's a lot of data to copy from our storage system to the login servers.

I'll keep you informed on this thread.

I don't want to see anyone banned for this, there has been a rollback so noone gained any advantage but other people will have lost out on slayer drops, trades, exp in other skills so I think a punishment is deserved. Abusers should be banned from training the new skill for 2 weeks.

I think abusers should be banned alright, times 6 hours or so by the amount of players affected by this stupid glitch is in the tens of thousands of man hours.

I'm not impressed that i've lost my entire days work.

They rolled back like 10+ hrs, I went 45-35 dung...what a [bleep]ing fail, I want my 10+ hours back. :thumbdown:

Well, my magic is no longer ranked and that was leveled around 3-4 hours ago. >_>

Had to be closer to 12 hrs, I had 35 dung last night...or maybe evening. Now it's 1.20 pm here...

my guess with the rollback time is that jagex does a full copy of game data every so often (once a day?) then they do copies of only xp that has changed or something. so right now they have finished loading the old full copy and are working on using the partial copies to get it back up to 30 mins ago

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

They rolled back like 10+ hrs, I went 45-35 dung...what a [bleep]ing fail, I want my 10+ hours back. :thumbdown:

Well, my magic is no longer ranked and that was leveled around 3-4 hours ago. >_>

Had to be closer to 12 hrs, I had 35 dung last night...or maybe evening. Now it's 1.20 pm here...

Definately over 12 hours. I got 30 dung around 13 hours ago now im no longer ranked. Nice one jagex. :thumbdown:

vansing.png

my guess with the rollback time is that jagex does a full copy of game data every so often (once a day?) then they do copies of only xp that has changed or something. so right now they have finished loading the old full copy and are working on using the partial copies to get it back up to 30 mins ago

That doesn't make sense. I had 82 rc from glitch. Then I logged out, checked highscores, and was back at 75. They did another rollback and my dung lvls got [bleep]ed

That doesn't make sense. I had 82 rc from glitch. Then I logged out, checked highscores, and was back at 75. They did another rollback and my dung lvls got [bleep]ed

Mod Nexus - Edit:

There will definitely be a rollback to just before the servers rebooted with the latest update approx 17.23 BST. This will take a while as there's a lot of data to copy from our storage system to the login servers.

I'll keep you informed on this thread.

so your saying they do a full copy of everyones game data every 30 mins? I doubt it. they have some system in place that probably works similar to what i described.

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

I hope they don't go through with this major rollback, 5 minutes is enough <_< . Not the entire day in which I doubled my dungeoneering xp.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'm not sure sure I understand Jagex's thinking. There have been some major bugs and glitches in the past, some which still affect the RS community today (Classic rares dupe for example). But there was no rollback for those.

I wonder if the guy who messed up the exp rates got in trouble :shame:

And I better not lose the free mil I got from the party room last night :evil:

Lost about 4 levels of dungeoneering with the rollback, not to happy about that but it could be worse I guess.

Also this whole thing with rc xp and rollback time getting extra zeros and me think of this:

[hide=Funny HL2 comic]concerned021.jpg[/hide]

pepijn777.png