Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cheefoo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cheefoo

  1. Kalphite Queen is harder than pretty much all the Godwars bosses.
  2. It seems to do a bunch of damage with abilities, about as much as the other classes. The equipment screen is incredibly misleading, even the auto-attack spells do far more damage than is claimed. Whoever coded it is a proper [rooster]-ass.
  3. Your obscure book references and general hipsterism does little to justify your blatant microtransaction abuse. You... sub-human... item buyer... jerk...
  4. 1. 10 maple 5 coal 2. Equilibrium/Vampyrism/Penance 3. You probably shouldn't be doing this, but if you must I hear there's a resource dungeon in the dwarven mines with a deposit box nearby.
  5. I honestly never had a good experience with any customer support in my life. Pup, there are a plethora of "I've been hacked, help please" threads in Tip It forums. Look around, and you're sure to find tons of helpful advice. Here's a list of my own suggestions: 1. VIRUS SCAN FIRST. Most important thing to do is make sure you have no spyware on your computer. If it's still on there, it renders the following steps moot, and your account royally [bleep]ed. 2. Now that your computer is clean (assuming it was a virus that was causing the trouble, otherwise just take that as a random compliment) you can use your recovery questions to get your account back. You did set those, RIGHT? 3. If that didn't work for whatever reason, try requesting your password using your email. When logging in, just choose "forgotten password" and use your email to get it back. 4. If the hacker managed to disable your recoveries AND your email, you're in hot water. This shouldn't happen if you've been attentive with your account. This takes the hacker about 2 weeks to pull off without interruption. If you stay vigilant, they should never get the chance. However, if they did, try to recover your account by filling out a form asking for your first password, date of account creation, etc. 5. Pray that step 4 actually worked. Usually doesn't, but it shouldn't have come this far anyway if you were any careful.
  6. There are so many ways to abuse the Beta reset to gather butt-tons of data. I just friggin' love it! What else could we use it for? Anyone up for a BRAINSTORM?
  7. Add Pokemon pets and I'll pour an assload of money into this thing. :twss: YES... YESSSS! But Pokemon is simply too good for Jagex. They'd never get a contract.
  8. If they ever release "pay to win" transactions, one way to make sure they get rid of them is to not buy into it yourself!! People don't realize that every single time they spend on these microtransactions, you're only supporting them. If absolutely everyone in the game decided against buying spins, outfits, and in the worst case scenario, free items and xp, then Jagex would simply get rid of them due to the popular backlash. But according to the Prisoner's Dilemma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma) chances of that happening are slim. Everyone wants to get the biggest advantage they can get, even though the best idea would be to forfeit the benefit and hope everyone else does the same. But statistics schmatistics, you just have to stick to the I'm not giving these bastards a single penny more than they deserve principal and everything will work out in the end... right?
  9. You need to backtrace their IP address and send the cops to their location (you might have to triangulate to find it). To find their IP address, you might need to do some hacking. Hacking requires a very high WPM rating, but you can just grab a friend to assist you (don't worry, you can both use the same keyboard). Hope that helps.
  10. OP clearly doesn't grasp the concept of "inb4". We all knew this was coming for a while now. I, for one, refuse to watch any commercials for a free spin. It just feels dirty and I know I'm being exploited.
  11. I really like the idea of Solomon's store, actually. At least Jagex is being more forthcoming with the microtransactions this time. "Give us money, we give you fancy schmancy outfits, animations, etc." On the other hand, the Squeal of Fortune is more along the lines of "you can buy 'bonus spins' to get extra chances to play the Squeal of Fortune". No, we (I don't buy spins personally, mind you) don't buy the spins for the exhilarating experience that is the Squeal, we buy them for all the free shit and heaps of xp lamps. Then they put "rare limited-edition cosmetic items" on the Squeal, never mentioning that you will most definitely have to buy spins if you want a snowball's chance in hell of "collecting them all". Solomon is selling us useless overpriced junk, but at least he's doing in legitimately. Yelps comes off as a drug dealer with his ambiguity and vague phrasing. "You got da money? I got da shit you want. I know you need dis shit." It really just skeeves me out.
  12. Something tells me they COULD add loyalty costumes into the "customize character" settings, but they won't. Why? Because money. Optimally, I'd like to see a bunch of cosmetic items added to the customize interface. Such as holiday items, "vanity items", loyalty items, etc. Probably not anything tradeable, though.
  13. All these items are cosmetic. Calm the hell down, everyone.
  14. What the [bleep] is this shit? Really, how does any of this make sense? Do you have evidence? Numbers? Like, actually facts or some such? Or just bullshit estimations in 500 words more than necessary?
  15. Good advice. I have a few things to add. Karil's is pretty cheap now, and it far outclasses royal's magic defence. I hear a chaotic rapier works quite well at waterfiends; its brute force makes up for the non-crush attack style. If you happen to have one, go ahead and try it out. I'd really recommend training strength before defence, as it'll speed all your melee leveling up in the long run, but that's more of your choice.
  16. I'd love it if weapons could have their own special attacks again. But perhaps they would "power up" existing abilities, giving them new animations, effects etc. For example, an Armadyl Godsword could power up the "pulverize" ultimate to do even more damage, along with a new animation. Dragon claws get a powered up "flurry" ability. Korasi's sword might add magical damage to an ability. You get the idea.
  17. That does kinda makes sense. Attack levels are a requirement for some of the higher end magic weapons (staff of light, Ahrim's staff, etc.) already. It's not like anyone can complain about it forcing them to get "extra combat levels" in the new system. This way, all combat styles will require you to train two offensive skills to use effectively. Right now, melee needs attack+strength and magic and range are their own skills, effectively needing to train half as much. Attack themed abilities will have to be tweaked to work with magic and range in addition to melee. That also means more abilities for mage/range; melee has twice as many as they do in the current beta version.
  18. It makes me mad when people say these wrong. They clearly weren't paying attention in the quest.
  19. Back when I was a free-to-peon I used to think it was... Karjama Travelry Drayanor Digeste ...but that was a matter of misspelling, really. I honestly thought a "Travelry" was some kind of camp made by nomads who "travel" a lot. Also, I didn't realize it was a "dig site", I just thought Digeste (pronounced like "digest" with an e at the end) was some kind of foreign name. P.S. When did this thread turn into "Pronunciation discussion general"?
  20. Don't panic. This is only a beta, I'm sure many of these items will be changed for the better.
  21. My guess: super hard penguin that gives 3 points upon spotting and teleports all over the place or something wacky like that. Ooh, how about a ghost penguin that can only be seen with the ring of visibility? Not likely, but that would be pretty neat.
  22. AR! DOON! DAMN YOU! The penguin quest wasn't mentioned in the written BTS, so maybe that means it won't be coming out this month. The BTS video says there's going to be more teasers in next week's vid. This means we might have to wait till next month to actually get the release.
  23. Sound effects (especially for magic) still stink. I'd really like more visual or audio effects to cue me in on when I actually hit or miss. Right now, there's a lot of chirping and wooshing and kapows, but I think a simple icon to show when your spell misses (like, I don't know, some sort of blue shield-like thing) would really help me understand what the [bleep] is going on. Also, protect prayers seem to work a lot better now. I was praying range against dagannoths under the lighthouse (trust me, you'll need prayer now) and they were only hitting up to 1 damage. Targeting sounds interesting, but definitely needs work. You can't target specific monsters or anything, just mash the button till you get what you want. I'd also like to have the monster I click on count as my "target" before my autocast spell fires off. Especially with a slow staff this becomes very frustrating. I click a monster and have to wait before I can use any abilities; they just give me that "YOU HAVE NO TARGET" bullshit.
  24. GOOD! I was getting sick of them and their effect on the ekomoney.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.