Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intriguing

  1. Fair enough. However, I personally am not too fussed about Creationism not being taught in schools. As Warri0r pointed out, the only people that believe in Creationism (Christian Creationism, anyway) are those who are actually Christians. So I don't think it would accomplish anything to teach it in schools.
  2. Note : I haven't read beyong the 1st page, so I'm responding completely to the first post. I'm an ex-Christian, who used to completely believe in Creation. At the moment, I'm searching for what I believe in, and would probably call myself an Agnostic -- In the sense that I believe in a god, but am not sure which one it is. My belief in the origin of the universe is similar. I believe a god was behind the creation of the universe, but whether or not the god chose to utilise Evolution or not, I am unsure. That said, I can respect it that people don't believe in Creation, but I believe it's ignorant to ignore it by saying "Oh, it's just religious crap, with no evidence behind it". You may say that Evolution is completely backed by scientific evidence -- which it is, for the most part. But the same thing is true of Creationism. The problem with science, along with any other human endevour, is that it is subjective (prove me wrong). Two people can look at the same piece of evidence, say the strata of the earth, and get two completely different ideas about it. And the reason for that is the bias and assumptions that people come with. This post probably hasn't acheived much, but I would request this of those who are pro-evolution. Would you be able to present me with some evidence which you believe disproves Creation, or a piece of evidence which can not be explained by Creationism? I'm not looking for evidence for Evolution or for Creation, because I know both can pretty much be conjured up from anywhere. End note : Bear in mind, I'm about as unbiased as someone can be, with the exception that I believe in a god. And at the moment, I am neither pro-Evolution nor pro-Creation. If anything I have said offends you, that was not my intention. I simply misphrased it.
  3. Cat Stevens - Cats in the Cradle Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into the Dark Opeth - Weakness (To be honest, I've never listened to the lyrics, but the music is depressing.) I don't know. A lot of doom metal is depressing. Also, when you've just broken up with someone, any love song is depressing. :) And there is no constant temperature in my house. I have two reverse-cycle air conditioners, not those air conditioning things that have outlets into every room, so you don't just put in a particular temperature and leave it at that.
  4. I was under the impression that the universe had no center, as such. That it was just ever expanding in every direction. But I'm probably wrong. On another note, there's a porn ad above me. =\ Tip.it lowering its standards?
  5. I'm a rather effeminate guy. I hate sports, I care about the way I look, I'm interested in fashion, I have no muscles (I'm incredibly skinny though), among other things. I think maybe 9 in 10 of the people I know (excluding older friends, as in, people 20+), have at one point asked me seriously whether or not I'm gay. It really pissed me off the first few times, but I got over it. It's not only because I've gotten used to it though. It's because I've become a more confident person as of late, and along with that, I'm quite comfortable and assured of my sexuality (straight). Just be confident in who you are, and become oblivious to the words of those trying to harm you. It may take some work, but as soon as you realise that you don't care what people think about you (if that's not true, put some work in and make it true), nothing they say will matter anymore.
  6. The Black Dahlia Murder - Apex Yey for cannibalism!
  7. I have seasons 1-5, and have seen most of season 6, but what I've seen on season 6 was incredibly disappointing, as well as some of season 5 to an extent.. I hope season 7 is better.
  8. =\ How much 1950's music have you heard that's synthesized? Or emotionless, for that matter? Anyway, broaden your horizons! It's what I've been doing recently. Used to listen to just one or two subgenres of metal, now I listen all types of metal, jazz, classical, indie, folk/acoustic, electronica, and a bit of older (50's, 60's, 70's) music recently. Only types of music I can't handle is popular rock and pop (with a few exceptions, no talent), techno, and country.
  9. That's weird, because Kraft, the company that make Vegemite, are American. Anyway, I love vegemite. My sister moved to Oregon with her husband, and she can't get Vegemite, Tim Tams, or good (Cadbury) chocolate anywhere! So we have to send her some every month or two.
  10. Get over yourself. The guy's just trying to help people who are stuck on some questions with their subjects. Giving people assistance with something they're having trouble with isn't cheating, otherwise, tutors wouldn't be allowed.
  11. Intriguing replied to RSBDavid's topic in Off-Topic
    I'd be absolutley furious if that happened. I'm pretty good at reasoning, so unless the people really had something against me (which in your case, I'm figuring they do), I'd be able to get out of it. If all else fails, get your parents in. Out of interest, how much trouble have you gotten into at the school previously (I assume when you say it's your 7th day, you mean your 7th day of the term, not of your time at the school.)? Because that could explain why they're being unreasonably harsh.
  12. Circle Takes the Square - Interview at the Ruins To be honest, this is a pretty crap band. Probably one of the worst I have on my computer, but this song makes up for everything. Love it. and From First to Last - Emily This guy really can't sing.. But for some reason that works with this song. Plus, the chord progression is really addictive.
  13. Haha, what an awesome video. It looks like a two string guitar to me, but oh well.
  14. Ever since I started having Pepsi Max, I can't even touch Coke.. Coke just tastes so watery, and not nice. On that note, I'm craving some Pepsi Max..
  15. I watched 300 last night, and watched Hot Fuzz about an hour ago. Both pretty alright movies. Now I have to walk for 40 minutes to pop them back into the store.. >.>
  16. We pretty much have exactly the same hair (curl places and all), only mines a bit longer.:o
  17. That one literally had me in tears. I love this thread. :)
  18. Finntroll - Ellytres Yey for folk metal!
  19. Intriguing replied to Striker6's topic in Off-Topic
    I get asked that way too much. :)
  20. I liked the video clip for the "greatest song ever made" (I forget the exact name). That's about it.
  21. i r even more manly i eat cooked bread (thats toast for the dumb ppl) and - cooked bread with a LOT of butter \ And there I was thinking all bread was cooked. Anyway, if I had to choose between rectangle and triangle, I'd go for triangle. But personally, I prefer either the octagon cut or the ginger-bread-man cut (get a cookie cutter, and go nuts on your sandwich).
  22. Intriguing replied to Striker6's topic in Off-Topic
    I've never experience bullying, really. Until this year (grade 11), I was homeschooled, and until about a year and a half ago, was very introverted. I had like 2 friends, good friends though. I had very, very small encounters with bullying, as in some 16 year old (I was probably 13 at the time), threatening to beat me up. But I wasn't really worried, because one, I knew he didn't have the confidence, two, if he did, my brother would kill him. So I started going to school in year 11, missing most of the bullying I would of gotten (most of the tools leave in year 10), and I go to a pretty good school anyway. Even though I'm a twig (around 5'11", and 60kg), I'm pretty outgoing, witty, and I pretty much do everything I can to avoid a fight, so that's probably why I've never gotten in one. Also, I'm friends with almost everyone in my year, and about half of the people in years 10 and 12, so that helps. I realise I'm pretty lucky to have avoided bullying, so I try to stand up for people when they're getting bullied, but it doesn't really happen very often at my school.
  23. Haven't heard them. I'll check them out though. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.