Shey was here!

OK so the past 24 hours has been a massive upheaval for just about everyone who has logged into the Main Page of Runescape.

It was 9pm last night, and I spent the entire evening ranting and raving along with everyone else and threatened to quit Runescape. Don't judge me, its a pretty massive change and of course it has upset a lot of people.

I went to bed with a feeling of Doom, and had given up.

I actually had the best nights sleep I have had in a long long time.

I woke up feeling refreshed, but still with the mindset of retiring from Runescape.

Many friends of mine have quit Runescape, have already unsubscribed their membership.

I even went as far as starting to download WOW.

Then I came across a post, by someone I know. Not in a Tipit Forum but in another Runescape Forum I am a member of. My friend posted a Farewell post, not because he is leaving, but because many of his friends are leaving, and he wanted to wish them a Farewell, as he will stay to fish his monks.

And I thought to myself, this is not right, how can a game update destroy the bonds of friendships, is it GP we play for, or friendship? I felt for my friend, fishing alone, the sadness of departed friends, and thought NO WAY!!!!

Well, I am not leaving now, I will stay and fish with my friends, and enjoy Runescape still.

We will adjust to the changes, and hopefully by proactively posting in the Official Forums, there may be some tweaks and changes that will make the changes more acceptable to all.

LONG LIVE TIPITERS IN RUNESCAPE! <3:

quite inspiring

I was just about to cancel mine, thought id see who else had quit first.

you've made me think twice.

We can breath in space, they just don't want us to escape

Look on the bright side!

-No more RC pkers, or Wildy course PKers.

-Instant price check. (Put an item up on trade screen, and it tells price.)

-No more friends running away with items.

-You won't have noobs looting your death piles anymore.

-MORE BANK SPACE

I think those are some good things.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Look on the bright side!

-MORE BANK SPACE

=D> =D> =D>

Quite right, sod all them nubs who want to quit! :XD:

Tifers staying ftw <3: \'

Look on the bright side!

-MORE BANK SPACE

<33333333333333

Shey I think Ive got something to tell you..........what was it............o yea........o wait.......o yea, you smell of cake tbh

Apcrump0.png

Look on the bright side!

-MORE BANK SPACE

<33333333333333

Shey I think Ive got something to tell you..........what was it............o yea........o wait.......o yea, you smell of cake tbh

Lol.

Shey, why would you even want to quit? I mean, you don't PK...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Look on the bright side!

-MORE BANK SPACE

<33333333333333

Lol.

Shey, why would you even want to quit? I mean, you don't PK...

No Monsterhunting split

Apcrump0.png

Shey if you quit you won't EVER see the friends that you meet here in a while, Think of what you have accomplished, if you quit, it will all go to waste...

I wrote a post on this...I fully support you shey...

OK so the past 24 hours has been a massive upheaval for just about everyone who has logged into the Main Page of Runescape.

It was 9pm last night, and I spent the entire evening ranting and raving along with everyone else and threatened to quit Runescape. Don't judge me, its a pretty massive change and of course it has upset a lot of people.

I woke up feeling refreshed, but still with the mindset of retiring from Runescape.

Many friends of mine have quit Runescape, have already unsubscribed their membership.

Then I came across a post, by someone I know. Not in a Tipit Forum but in another Runescape Forum I am a member of. My friend posted a Farewell post, not because he is leaving, but because many of his friends are leaving, and he wanted to wish them a Farewell, as he will stay to fish his monks.

And I thought to myself, this is not right, how can a game update destroy the bonds of friendships, is it GP we play for, or friendship? I felt for my friend, fishing alone, the sadness of departed friends, and thought NO WAY!!!!

Well, I am not leaving now, I will stay and fish with my friends, and enjoy Runescape still.

We will adjust to the changes, and hopefully by proactively posting in the Official Forums, there may be some tweaks and changes that will make the changes more acceptable to all.

Amen.

Shots-Sig.jpg

i don't know. When i log on i just sort of end up standing there think sort of "what now"

The hope of getting ctet off the ground again is basically gone with the wilderness. I'll miss being able to give and recieve gifts and presents. Monster hunting is dead, and no one say lootshare. if one of your team gets a d chain one drop, the next drop you will probably get, oh i don't know, a hundred yew logs.

Slave auction is gone. Mssw is gone. Event rewards are gone. Drop parties amongst only friends are gone. Half my friends have quit.

I will admit that a lot of rules cannot be broken now, or have little point. no macroes, scamming or rwting. soon any purpose of multi-logging in will be gone. I would rather play the game then all of those and go back to what runescape was like before november 20th.

I don't think i'm gonna quit, but i really don't think it will be as fun...

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well I straight up left all the accounts I previously had and started over, I have a reason... if you want to flame me go ahead, but here it is.

I read the first page, I was upset to say the very least. I log into Runescape ready to tell everyone that I quit. I thought twice and decided not to, instead I went to the kalphite queen. Many of my good friends know that I happen to lag ALOT. I lag out and die, without protecting my veracs helmet, as well as alot of other stuff. My friend, being the considerate guy he is, tried to keep my gravestone up for me to go back and reclaim my stuff... however, the kalphite queen killed him because he ran out of food before I could get back. This resulted in not only me, but my friend losing all of my stuff. Jagex destroyed the monster hunting aspect of the game for me for this reason and the reason that you can't share drops.

Anyways, now I play on a level 3 f2p for life skiller... not to be bothered by any stupid updates anymore, just stickin to supplying for myself.

~Elfy~

Elferin.png

i am inspired <333 thank you!

hfhfhiy6.png

|ty lit 4 sig| |8919th to 99 fishing|

Well said. I was just like you yesterday, I almost lost all hope for this game, but I realized it'll be all right.

People like you are what make me scoff at the notion that RSC is somehow superior to tip.it (heard that from a Senior Mod over on RSC after MSSW3... -.- in his words "...compared to the miserable failiure of yours"). Just go over and look at them... so many of them quitting; a lot of members, including mods, have a sig that says "12/10/07, the Day that RuneScape died". Pathetic IMO.

I think that anyone who reads your post will have a 99.9% Chance of continuing to play, I; for one; am going to continue playing. I feel that as long as my irl best friend legs_o_steel doesn't quit playing, I won't have a reason to quit. But even if he did, I would keep playing, just for the sheer enjoyment and wonderful conversation you get while on Blogscape clan chat, or randomly saying "Hi!" To someone and ending up talking to them for hours, only to find out they are quitting the next day, never again to have a conversation with you. And personally, I hope the game continues to update as it has, because now, I think that game is better now that uneven trade update has been put into effect. No more scamming, no more looting. As many of these things do not affect my RuneScape experience whatsoever; they affect many others. And well, they'll get used to it. Well, thanks for a great read Shey, see you online soon enough. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone...

And as Kiara_Kat once said, Keep On 'Scaping!

matchboxtwentyf.jpg

Ii_Bows_Ii.png

Jump_GP is a fail merch clan.

<3: x 10^infinity

thanks shey, mind if any of us quotes this?

Sure Wouter if you like. :)

Big blow to me today, something I knew was coming, but I'll be ok, thanks all for posting. <3:

BTW Got 93 Hitpoints without realizing I was close to level a little earlier. Will post screenie later.

Keep on Smilin!!! 8-)

Sheyyy <3:

shey.png

Congrats on 93 HP <3:

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Well said. I was just like you yesterday, I almost lost all hope for this game, but I realized it'll be all right.

People like you are what make me scoff at the notion that RSC is somehow superior to tip.it (heard that from a Senior Mod over on RSC after MSSW3... -.- in his words "...compared to the miserable failiure of yours"). Just go over and look at them... so many of them quitting; a lot of members, including mods, have a sig that says "12/10/07, the Day that RuneScape died". Pathetic IMO.

RSC Is a pking community - so to be fair what you're saying is donkey dung, they're quitting cause jagex killed the pking they loved. I just love people that talk without any sence at all =;

sig4ej9.jpg

no tẻ̮̱̉o boca pa te xupar los cojones

Vold failed spanish class. I love Vold.

I can fully understand everyones reactions to this update, and can completely feel for their reactions.

For the Pkers, their livelihood has been taken away, they relied on their pking profits for their economy.

For the Monster Hunters, not being able to share drops.

The Merchanters, the ability to make money on profits from sales.

For the social players, the ability to give gifts.

The long term players from RSC have been through such a major upheaval already when RS2 came out, yet they are still here today, that says something for them. They stayed for their community, and I applaud them for doing that. A lot of them aren't prepared to go through such another upheaval, and I tell you what, to lose friends en mass once is enough, for it to happen again would break anyones soul.

I am from the RS2 Generation, and I hope that this change does not result in too many losses of friends, although I already know a lot of people who are quitting, I hope they change their minds and come back soon. I can now understand in a small way how the RSC Generation feel. To have people tell you that you are living in the past is not fair, everyone wishes for the old days.

I am not going to flame the people who quit, everyone has their reasons. All I can do is wish them well IRL, and wave to them sadly from while I fish my monks, as my friend said.

I wont go into the politics of Jagex's decision to make these changes, whats done is done, we adjust adapt and acclimatise, as we do, which is a good lesson to learn in real life anyway. Life throws some pretty big punches, this is a good learning curve, if we want to look at it positively.

shey.png

All of it true. Many people found their only fun in the game by pvp with high risks. Now it is safer and less exciting. It has also made the game unfair while trying to make it fair by disadvantaging monster hunters, there are large gaps where it seems some will have no choice but to make alot more than his clanmates.

All your points are valid and I too wish all who quit a may I say more interesting future.

Costantino.png

I can fully understand everyones reactions to this update, and can completely feel for their reactions.

For the Pkers, their livelihood has been taken away, they relied on their pking profits for their economy.

For the Monster Hunters, not being able to share drops.

The Merchanters, the ability to make money on profits from sales.

For the social players, the ability to give gifts.

The long term players from RSC have been through such a major upheaval already when RS2 came out, yet they are still here today, that says something for them. They stayed for their community, and I applaud them for doing that. A lot of them aren't prepared to go through such another upheaval, and I tell you what, to lose friends en mass once is enough, for it to happen again would break anyones soul.

I am from the RS2 Generation, and I hope that this change does not result in too many losses of friends, although I already know a lot of people who are quitting, I hope they change their minds and come back soon. I can now understand in a small way how the RSC Generation feel. To have people tell you that you are living in the past is not fair, everyone wishes for the old days.

I am not going to flame the people who quit, everyone has their reasons. All I can do is wish them well IRL, and wave to them sadly from while I fish my monks, as my friend said.

I wont go into the politics of Jagex's decision to make these changes, whats done is done, we adjust adapt and acclimatise, as we do, which is a good lesson to learn in real life anyway. Life throws some pretty big punches, this is a good learning curve, if we want to look at it positively.

To quote that janitor guy from futurama..

Second.

This question has bugged me for a while now:

Why don't you own any kind of rare and don't intend to own one shey?

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.