Weekly Poll: Which of the following would you like...

Kiara_Kat

I voted "other" b/c I think the programmers that did the quest calc should work on and release a POH designer. It took me several days to find a good one on the internet.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

i would like to see an extension to existing skill calculators, where the time taken to get exp is included.

For instance, going from 79 to 80 wc needs X amount of yews, and the average time to cut a load maybe 8.2 minutes, so you would need Y amount of solid time to cut the yews for the level.

I remember seeing someone doing a comparison of rune against dragon axes, listing all the average times taken to get full loads and bank, so if a few people did that, at various levels, we could extrapolate how long woodcutting takes at each skill level.

I would like to see this repeated for all the other material gathering skills, like fishing and mining.

G

Gda_Scooby.png

i would like to see an extension to existing skill calculators, where the time taken to get exp is included.

For instance, going from 79 to 80 wc needs X amount of yews, and the average time to cut a load maybe 8.2 minutes, so you would need Y amount of solid time to cut the yews for the level.

I remember seeing someone doing a comparison of rune against dragon axes, listing all the average times taken to get full loads and bank, so if a few people did that, at various levels, we could extrapolate how long woodcutting takes at each skill level.

I would like to see this repeated for all the other material gathering skills, like fishing and mining.

G

So many good ideas! I really wish I didn't vote monster hunting guides now.. grrr

Sig.jpg

I voted other because i like the quest datebase moved in to 2 different link,

1 for free quest and 1 for members.

I know you can choose if you wanna watch members only or free, but at my place we are 2 (sometimes 3) that uses them and i use member and my sister uses free. If she click hide done in free quest then all mine in mebers quest goes away. That really suck that i then have to spend lots of time fixing it.

I've only played like half a year so beside that i dont really know if there is anything else needed :-k but its a great site =D>

for me it was a close call between monsters and city guides. NPC guides would take forever and hardly anyone would use it and shops guide looks pretty pointless aswell. in the end i did choose city guides- they would be the most useful and could be built up like the official ones on RS!!!! :D :D i'd also like to see the quest calculator include the subquests in RFD

cheese+snotx.png

236qp ftw!

I don't think we need shop or city information. A lot of major fansites have that already

Don't you think, then, that we SHOULD have these? Why would we want our users going to other fansites for this kind of information? If these things aren't useful, fine, but to not do them because other fansites already have them isn't a very good reason.

This is a bit competitive dont you think?

Sorry if that's the impression I gave, that's certainly not what I meant. Being competitive isn't what it's all about - it's about keeping our users HERE. If they have to visit another site to get something we don't have, then it means we're not providing as good a service as we could be. It's quite simple - we want to keep our members happy. Being in "competition" with other fansites really has nothing to do with it. If that were the case, we would have added lots of things they have to our site a long time ago. But our users didn't want those things, so we didn't.

I think it's better to spend time on making something unique (planners <3: ), then trying to make something a lot of fansites have already. That's my opinion. That would make everybody happy; tip.it for having something unique (that's always good), the costumers for excactly the same reason and the "competitive" fansites for still having something unique too!

Personally I don't mind tip.it not being perfect, I'll always keep using this forum and it will also just stay my #1 fansite. Eventhough I actually use RuneHq and Salmoneus more often then tip.it for the info (RuneHq equipment and running calculator and sal for some of the best skill guides -check the tips and guides section if you want to see yourself- especially the herblore guide).

After a second thought I actually use tip.it more; nothing can beat those always handy planners and calulators!

PS: Sorry for the late responce, I forgot my post here. :oops:

EDIT: After reading the suggestion about the drop rate and the calculator add, I'd like to change my vote (monster hunting originally) to other; those things would be way more useful.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I think monster hunting guides would help a lot. Someone, or one of the mods, could take all of the useful KBD guides or KQ or DK guides and turn them into one really good guide. but that'd take forever....

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Here's what I think:

Market Price Guide, Shop Databases, and all that. Zybez has that.

INSANE databases with lots of information, that's runehq.

Awsome community, guides, Tip.It :wink:

So, what needs to be developed?

I've always, wanted offline calculators / planners. I don't bother using SS and all that. I want something looking like this:

offlinecalc.png

But with enter XP, goal level, and it will say XP left, blah blah blah, too lazy to make the whole thing. Would be awsome :D

No, I really don't play anymore.

It would be awesome if Tip.It had it's own dynamic signatures and stat under banners like Draynor. That would cause allot more people to come here. But maybe you could appoint like a market database staff from forum members and we would have some way to update it, that would leave the regular staff to do there thing. I would defiantly help.

thats a good idea, i second it

tifsbti6oi.gif

I voted "Other"

I really wish that they would update the items database so that I can input an item and then find out what drops that item.

If it were linked to the beastiary, then I could compare the monsters and find the lowest lvl (easiest) monster that dropped what I wanted.

Drop rates would be nice, too...

i'd like the quest guides to be a bit more "friendly" with more pictures. That is why in most cases i use that site runescape.sals or something for quests. :oops:

Well that's not really a "new" feature. But we have been trying to include more pics in our quest guides. It's mostly the older quest guides that don't have as many (or no) pics in them. The problem is that since the Crew has already done all the older quests, getting pictures becomes more difficult. You only get one chance to get a good pic - when you're doing the quest.

But as I've said, all our newer quest guides have lots of pictures. We do, however, try not to include pictures "just because". The pics we DO include serve a useful purpose and aren't there just for looks.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

i go for monster hunting, there's only 1 right now, and so many good ones here on the forums you could use.

Er...no, there are three.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

Please don't hit me but... I'd like to see an item database resembling to RuneHq. That's the only reason, I still use RuneHq at times.

And don't hit me if someone else has said it already. I'm just answering the poll as to why I picked "other".

*cookies to all* :thumbsup:

sig.gif

I'd vote for a worlds guide.

Where do players gather to: runecraft cosmics, fletch, trade jewellery, idle, and all that.

And the inverse, where to avoid to: cut good trees, shop for jewellery, fight mossies, fight fire giants, gather snape grass and all that.

Or would that be an outrageously large project?

How can you have any disagreement with such an affordable game? And Jagex acually care to maintain and update this game. Wonderful.

I voted "Other"

I really wish that they would update the items database so that I can input an item and then find out what drops that item.

If it were linked to the beastiary, then I could compare the monsters and find the lowest lvl (easiest) monster that dropped what I wanted.

I suggested this when the Items database can out. However, it was pointed out to me, by a Tip.it moderator (can't remember who) that it was unnecessary as you can do that already. Just enter the item name into the Bestiaty search box and the search will produce a list of monsters that drop the item.

I'll feel silly if this is already there and I hadn't noticed but ah well, in quest guides I'd like to be able to have a link to quests which are either unlocked or partially unlocked through doing the quest i have just done as i'm a tad forgetful an never remember why i've done the quest in the 1st place

baileydafrog.png

i mean i know that worlds 1-6 are the market worlds on both f2p and p2p but what about a pc world? or a ba world? or the ever elusive blast furnace world??

Or a pk world..Anyway city guides would be an improvement. Everyone who disagrees has no need for them - o wait what about truly new players?? should we maybe think about other people for once? I mean when I first started out I didn't know where varrok or Falador was. City guides and helpful NPCs are always a good addition so -.-