mods please close this

Triquos

Freezing/entangleing someone then running away...

And its meant to be like that, if you dont like the reward and all that, then dont play it...

And the reward isnt bad, 2 friends of mine have got furies from just tokkul they have won from pits, and another is on his way there...

Apcrump0.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this weeks tip.it times? It's really great and covers this topic.

Fight Pits can be compared to the wildy. There are no rules and the smartest/best one stands as the winner in the end. Don't cry about it.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

to be honest what is wrong with eating/potting in there? maybe some people just want to win more than others? everyone has the ability to eat and pot in there, its just the ones who dont mine using a few of the resorces that they have to gain an advantage, thats like saying people shouldnt attack people in the wild, these people who are going in know what will happen, there are no concequeces from dieing in there so being piled doesnt really matter, log hop and try again...

Candymann16.png

k.. :roll:

and btw soma, like I said, I realize it's free-for-all/multi-combat bla bla bla but I don't think you realize what i'm saying.

It's not the fact that people are pj'ing me, it's the fact that when you join a team, and you trust them and they trust you, word for word, for them to do a complete 180 degree turn, pile you and take you off friends list - it kind of gives you a reality check that games like that bring out the worst in people.

and also - a leader isn't meant to have eating, pile-jumping 1 on 1's and backstabbing qualities as far as I remember.

Erm, yes they are lol? Where have you been the last 5000 years? Did Napoleon try to 'play fair'? Did Alexander say that 'you know this bridge is pretty imba, I'd better stop building it so people don't complain'? Welcome to the world of competitive gaming. If you don't like competition, go mine Rune Essence or something.

Your definition of 'The worst in people': Winning at all costs (The objective of the minigame).

Many players very much enjoy competition, but obviously you don't. Fortunately, there are plenty of things for you to do in RS, or even out of it.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

i think you are being flamed because RS isnt like it was in the old days because people dont play 'fair', deal with it, there aint no rules live with the now dude

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

i reckon you do have a point, back when i was there i would notice one lvl 120+ giving out oders to lvl 100+ and see them all obeying without thinking 'what's in this for me'? because in the end the lvl 120+ is just using these idiots to kill all competition so he can get the tokkul. :wink:

as for eating or potting, i did it once got owned and flamed for being a 'nub', i banked and withdraw my torag plate and verac skirt and killed to two lame guys who were goading me. i know there are no rules or honour but if someone were to team with me and i accept, backstabing will not happen unless we are the two remaining and we battle for it.

I was just down there. I went with some friends from here and just had some fun. People were curteous and what not. Asking for one on ones and saying good fights and everything. I even won twice at level 92. Maybe you had bad luck? :uhh:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

k.. :roll:

and btw soma, like I said, I realize it's free-for-all/multi-combat bla bla bla but I don't think you realize what i'm saying.

It's not the fact that people are pj'ing me, it's the fact that when you join a team, and you trust them and they trust you, word for word, for them to do a complete 180 degree turn, pile you and take you off friends list - it kind of gives you a reality check that games like that bring out the worst in people.

and also - a leader isn't meant to have eating, pile-jumping 1 on 1's and backstabbing qualities as far as I remember.

You're missing the point. It's not meant for people who want to fight each other 1 on 1, it's for people who are ruthless, deceiving, and go in with the mindset "I'm going to be the winner." Leaders are just players clever enough to keep themselves safe until they can turn on their team and emerge victorious, by "siding" with everyone else. Fight pits is about being the best fighter, not just in power but also in tactics. That includes planning it so that you turn them against each other one at a time. Teams only last until one person decides he can defeat the rest of the team on his own, that's how this game was designed, and how it is.

finally some great posts ^_^

I guess I just hate the fact that playing fairly and honourably sometimes isn't always that way to win fight pits, so i'm not going to play it anymore, i wouldn't be able to handle backstabbing, it's just not my thing.

I hope your intellect contains the following sentence:

''Everythings allowed in Love and War''

Famous sentence. Well, I hope you loved that friend that deleted you from the list. Because it is war now. The fight pits is ..''non-honourable''. Wrong.

Here is what a true champion does:

win

how? .. by winning. How do you win? A) Kill everyone B) Let everyone kill everyone and you just kill that last guy standing. Bassicly let others do the dirty work. A true leaders quality :) if there is no honour in that?.. Try getting a team yourself. Try letting other people do your dirty work.

There are several ways of being a champion and it does not always have to be combat skills. It can be communicative skills. Pursuede (SP?!) people to fight with you/ for you, is what makes people a champion to. Try it, its hard.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I only go there if I have sharks, super sets, prayer pots, super restores, and plenty of blood and ice barrage runes that I feel like using.

Why play it, if you not going to do your best?

Also, I can't stand teams, since the noobs always let the monsters kill them and never finish it themselves and it gets real boring watching them run around...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I think fight pits is great, I used to go when I had my Veracs, Id get a team together and tell them to just all attack the people higher combat than me, then when they did that I'd kill them all, it was great =)

I would take a full inventory of sharks and super str and super att pots, i would also take karils top cbow and a seercull to use against ancienters, one guy told me not to pot cause it was nooby, so I just killed him too, I got tokkul, he didn't :)

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Only the strongest will survive. How do you expect humankind to be the top of food chain?

Was it by forming a team with mammoth's and sabertooth wombats and kill all the dinosaurs first? Then backstab all the mammals and become the champion? No. Not quite.

Ever seen a terrorist saying good fight after he gets killed?

This is with everything in life. Businesses, Nature and even Fashion industry. Survival of the fittest, and using others to benefit yourself. This is what the GAME is about.

Now in close human contact like friends, one would not backstab, as they benefit from eachother, supporting eachother. Killing your friend would result in less benefit mentaly or physically.

Fighting against life with more people is proven more effective. Thus people start teams or clans. In a game world, honour among strangers is normal, but I find it quite odd.

Besides, would you listen to a rabbit if he said "Omg stop using a gun, its dishonourable" and watch him slowly nibble away your life? I'd prefer survival 8-)

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

i agree, i wanted to play it as fun and earn some tokkul. but instead get piled by people with high level weapons and armor, i can't afford that stuff so i dont exactly stand a chance. oh...and I get pile-jumped all the time...so ya, i hate it unless i have my friends with me and if i borrow a set of barrows from a friend.

overall, its ruined in my eyes, so cut em out, kick them around and replace them with some glass circles with dots.

Popoto.~<3

well... i don't know what is said by now... but the fight pits is really a rule-less area..

even though there is "unwritten rules" then everything you do down there is just to do what you need to do for winning...

backstabbing if it's needed, but that does often just increase the chances for being backstabbed yourself next round...

so not following the rules can be really helpful if you need to win a round, but chances are that you won't win the next round, as people know that they shouldn't trust you too much...

really, this i about the same that was this weeks article in the times..

there are no rules, but keeping your honour would help you to get others to respect you as well, though you can't know for shure, since it's again ^^ no rules...

enojoy your stay in fightpits, and see how the others change to brutal killing, nonhounorable jerks ^^

Scherzo.png

my friend was at fight pits, he pile-jumped me after he told me he deleted me.

:?

No offense... but i dont think hes ur friend if he deleted u

Exactly, your friend sucks, not fight pits - stop blaming the game.

A huge, free for all mass riot of a combat minigame is the most fun you can have; does anybody else find this weeks tip.it times applicable to this "honour" post?